The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » New Wiz Kote? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WeiserSide1
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
534 Posts

Profile of WeiserSide1
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
No Credit to the invention ( Steve Hart ) and the method used to retreive the shoe is very obvious...
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2016, tristanmagic wrote:
No Credit to the invention ( Steve Hart ) and the method used to retreive the shoe is very obvious...

I agree 100%. It's painfully obvious.
allan31
View Profile
Regular user
everywhere
182 Posts

Profile of allan31
Hi !
Do Wolfs magic or Smoky mountain magic and others credit Steve Hart for their own version of burnt shoe ?
This version of the effect of the burnt shoe is really a "where the duck go" effect !and it's a very very old principle... you don't have the big and horrible black base as seen on the wizkote, no use of a flashpot and the box is really big so you can use a adult shoe! Everything seems to be very easy to use !

It seems you will not like too the versions from smoky mountain "jarrett shoe machine", the version from Jay Mattioli "OLBS" ! From the eyes of a magician, everything can be very obvious but it's you, as a comedian, who can make this thing a miracle and a nice moment of comedy !
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
To me it looks too similar to the wizkote in both size and design.

I do like the method for reproducing the shoe, I think it suffers here in this short promo as all the bits of business are missing before the shoe reappears. I actually thought for a moment he was going to slide the lid off of the table leaving the load behind, for later production.

Blair
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Don't get it, one shoe is smoke marked and the other pulled out of a different box, while the blacked shoe is still in view. So you used 2 different shoes. You did not clean the original shoe used.

Where is the magic?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Bill, I think the magic is that the shoe is reproduced from the cardboard box which has been in plain view for the entire effect. However, leaving the burned shoe out in plain view does seem a bit stupid. The effect, I believe, is the spectators shoe is destroyed and supposedly cleaned and reproduced but since the burned shoe never goes away, what's the point?
Where the magic begins
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
I think this clip was more a demo of the prop, not an actual performance.

Blair
allan31
View Profile
Regular user
everywhere
182 Posts

Profile of allan31
Hi !

Come on guys... when you buy a Square Circle, you do what you want with it and find your own routine ! It's the same thing with this prop ! If you like the props, you buy it and find yourself how to present it !

Blair, you're right ! Yeah, it's just a small demo to show us the props, that's all...I think it's a good demo to Watch clearly the quality of the prop and what I could do with it !

Well, if you want, you can put the burnt black shoe in the cardbox and with a magical gesture, make the children shoe reappears... It will not cost you more ! Smile Smile Smile
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2016, Dave Scribner wrote:
Bill, I think the magic is that the shoe is reproduced from the cardboard box which has been in plain view for the entire effect. However, leaving the burned shoe out in plain view does seem a bit stupid. The effect, I believe, is the spectators shoe is destroyed and supposedly cleaned and reproduced but since the burned shoe never goes away, what's the point?

Exactly my opinion. Loved the routine, but always had a problem with the incongruity of the reappearance of the shoe with the charred shoe. Recently went with Dan Wolfe's Jarret Machine. Still have some concerns with the prop, but not about the shoe. I discard that from public view soon after presenting it. You have to be honest with yourself that this is not high "magic." In the end, I feel the presentation must be entertaining enough with the presentation of some novelty shoe choices before the original shoe is revealed. That, coupled with the reappearance of the shoe from impossible location should cover any inconsistencies the spectator may set upon.

As far as the particular version this OP has brought up, I think it is fine; casual placing the box on the top of the lid (with no other place to put it) seems innocent enough. The routine would certainly need beefing up, but can't see a reason why the average performer could not do so.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » New Wiz Kote? (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL