The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Just think---Devin Knight (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
If you really had psychic powers, you could answer questions just thought of. There would be no need for the person to write the question or tell you what it was. He would just think of a question in his mind. If you really had psychic powers you would immediately answer the question WITHOUT any pumping or fishing! There would be no hesitation! Of course, this sounds 100% impossible; unless, you really were psychic.

A noted performer once said, "The man who can create an act whereby you ask a spectator to just THINK of the question and then you answer it...will be doing something. In fact, he will be revolutionizing the history of mentalism."

Believe it or not, in the 1930s G. W. Magnuson, who performed as Del-Ardo, developed a method that allowed you to do exactly that. He developed a method where you tell the audience members to just think of questions they wanted answered in their minds. To never write the question down or tell anyone what the question was. If someone was thinking of a question, that person was to raise his hand and the performer would go to him and immediately and correctly answer the question without any fishing, pumping or asking the person what the question was.

The method is almost forgotten today (it will be a new method to most mentalists) and was released in the 30s as The Miracle Mind Act. Magnuson used the method with great success, most of his performing career. The method is so good that A. N. Rossi the famous magician and mentalist from the 30s had a consecutive six-month run in a night club mainly due to performing this.

Devin Knight has mastered this technique and has performed it for more than 20 years as an after-show bit with the audience. He often sells this to the buyer as additional after-show entertainment for a higher fee, saying he will go out into the audience after his regular act and answer any questions just thought of by the audience. Devin Knight has taken the original rare manuscript detailing the method and reset the type, added some photos and corrected grammatical errors. He also wrote a foreword to the book and added an afterthought section with his own tips and ideas from performing this for more than 20 years. He includes valuable tips and advice that Magnuson did not include in the original manuscript that only comes from a performer who has spent 20 years performing this.

This is strictly a one-man act. No more hassles of passing out cards and pencils and then having to collect the cards.

no gimmicks
no clipboards
no impression devices
no assistants
no stooges or instant stooges
no preshow work of any kind
no fishing or pumping for information
spectator never writes the question

The bottom line is that the audience just thinks of questions and you immediately and correctly answer them. You can do something most mentalists have only dreamed of doing. This ad is 100% accurate, this is what you do!

Be warned, this is something for EXPERIENCE performers only. You need to have a commanding personality. This is NOT for the novice performer or someone wanting to get into mentalism. This needs to be performed in a situation where you can approach the spectators, such as a banquet hall with tables, hospitality rooms, psi parties, and night club situations. This is not suitable in a theatre setting, as you must be able to step in front of each spectator. Keep that in mind.

Even if you never perform this, you will find the method a fascinating read and an education in mentalism. IT WORKS, PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Available from Lybrary.com
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
There are already methods out there that can claim the same thing as far as Q&A acts....

Once again selling ideas from other people.

Ray
bluedragon
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of bluedragon
This does sound very interesting indeed, but sadly, I'm not a mentalist. I suppose every mentalist has to start somewhere, so maybe this could be do-able for anyone just starting out with mentalism, and most importantly, someone who is more than willing to put in lots of practice and time.

Looking forward to reading any reviews on Devin's creation. And also thanks very much for sharing this insight.

Best,

Neil.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
For those in the know. This is not the same method as George Anderson's Dynamite Mentalism. In this routine, the performer DOES not throw out random questions and ask people who are thinking of that question to raise their hands. Instead, the performer ask people who are thinking of a question to raise their hands and the performer goes to those people and correctly answers their questions WITHOUT asking what the question is and with no fishing or hesitation.
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
I purchased this from lybrary.com

It's a simplistic idea that I'm sure would give the audience the perception that you are answering people's merely thought of questions.
However, you run the risk of people thinking of some very heavy questions that a reader would (if he knew the question) would skirt around or just not answer.
Devin vaguely covers this with regard to medical questions, but I was hoping for more insight since he's been doing it for 20 years.

Bottom line-

Will it work? Yes
Will I do it? No
Simply a moral/ethical issue

Hey, for $8 it was of value from an historical perspective

Woodfield.

PS I really liked his Card Routine that he put out recently
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Special user
In Your Thots
558 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
Is this not a better option? Just wondering.....

http://miraclefactory.net/zenstore/index......s_id=322
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
No because I give you pages of tips and ideas not explained before
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
I'm definitely going to buy this but don't know if I'll perform it yet
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
There is a review by James Linn in this thread:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=303
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
IIm going to give it a go then wish me some good luck
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Good luck, but if you follow the directions and are an experienced mentalist you will not need it.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Good to see Devin able to earn a crust by regurgitating old material for the lazy masses.

Good luck Devin.
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Performming this tonight after practicing it all at the weekend but it will take bold apporach to pull it off but I'm confident I got the patter down and know what to say in every circumstance when it happens, I will only answer about three or four or five questions in my crowd and then I will see how it goes down
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Let us know how it goes, the more you do this, the better you'll get. However, there always has to be a first time.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1581 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
I own the original for many years but I've never performed it. Almost glossed over it.
Do you have any footage of yourself performing this Devin?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Just think---Devin Knight (6 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL