The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Magic Coach for television work (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

naturalturn
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of naturalturn
Last December, I was hired by a Chinese television network who each year produces a 'beauty pageant'. They asked me to customize and perform a 10-minute interactive magic routine with the 10 finalists.

The show was taped before a live audience and was aired the very next day. It was a wonderful experience!

Any tips or stories you would like to share about working as a magic coach?!

Thanks,

naturalturn (Ray)

http://www.raywongmagic.com
www.facebook.com/RayWongMagic
When Magic Went WONG!
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
I seem to be a mentor to some of the other people in my IBM local magic club. Most are always so interested to do restaurant work. I actually started restaurant work- rather by accident, and it just took off from there. My first restaurant 'gig' was working an exclusive restaurant in a hotel- wow it was amazing and I was soo surprised they wanted me.

So our members always ask how to get involved in doing restaurant work- and they always want to learn 'restaurant oriented' magic. So it's fun to share information that you know- to people who don't. So in a way- I suppose I'm a coach.

Talk to you later,

Tomasko
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magician™
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
naturalturn
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of naturalturn
Thanks for your comments Tomasko.

Indeed, a mentor is very important when starting out in magic as it keeps you humble and goal-oriented. Norm Nielsen was one of my mentors when I was first starting out in magic.

Ever had any experience teaching (as a magic coach) a non-magician/actor how to perform some 'sleight-of-hand' for a television or movie role?

naturalturn (Ray)

http://www.raywongmagic.com
When Magic Went WONG!
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
All the time. Theatres always call me for my stage pyro effects- and when they have a musical or show that has a magician in it they will call me to teach him an illusion. Such as the show Barnum- life of Mr. P T Barnum. Keep in touch! What about you?

Tomasko
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magician™
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /

naturalturn
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of naturalturn
This pageant was the first time for me, though I did teach a 1-day magic course at a community centre to youngsters many years ago.

naturalturn
When Magic Went WONG!
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
Every month at our local city library- I teach a magic lesson to people of any age. It's kinda neat. Basic concepts of misdirection, and sleight of hand. (basic cups and balls, coin stuff)- gets a good community response.
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magician™

Dr.Maya Baalaamurugaan
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Dr.Maya Baalaamurugaan
Ya...... teaching is also a way of learning!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Magic Coach for television work (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL