The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best, easy tricks from a shuffled deck in use? (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
LoveKey1988
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of LoveKey1988
Hello guys,

What is your best, easy trick from s shuffled deck in use, no preparation?

Regards, Marian
ebackes88
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of ebackes88
Gemini twins, ambitious card can be easy depending on your handling, search and destroy.
federico luduena
View Profile
Loyal user
Spain
249 Posts

Profile of federico luduena
Those mentioned above are great choices. I also like Brother John Hamman's "Two-Shuffles Harry". It needs a bit of soft surface, but a kitchen cloth, a flannel shirt, or a carpet (a la Paul Harris) do the job.

A wonderfully simple and effective trick by Alex Elmsley is found in volume one of The Collected Works of Alex Elmsley, under the title "Infinity: Round Trip".

Derek Dingle's "All Backs with Selection" is another powerful FASDIU effect. The classic passes can be replaced with cuts.

Re: packet tricks, Brother John Hamman's "Twins" provides an amazing amount of magic. Darwin Ortiz' "Jumping Gemini" also. "Four for Spot", by Dan Garrett, has a built-in script that one does not need to remember (and that can be changed at will). The structure of the effect takes us through it.
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
887 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
Synergy or The Known, each selling on Penguin. Totally impromptu; don't even need full decks to perform.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
A truck I believe is called Whispering Queen. I think I got it from Royal Road
Revilomagic
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Revilomagic
I'd second ambitious card, plus Biddle and any two card transposition. I also like Roy Walton's smiling mule if you can do a pass and cull... I've heard very good things about an acaan called numero uno from Harry Lorrayne which I think is impromptu but I'm not sure how difficult it is though as I've not yet had the chance to learn it.
LoveKey1988
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of LoveKey1988
Guys thank you for all your responnses but I must reiterate that I am asking about easy tricks...having to do a good pass is not that easy Smile
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Whispering is self working besides memorizing two cards. The spec does all the work
ebackes88
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of ebackes88
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2016, LoveKey1988 wrote:
Guys thank you for all your responnses but I must reiterate that I am asking about easy tricks...having to do a good pass is not that easy Smile

Which trick are you refering to? You can do a lengthy ambitious routine without one.you rarely "have" to do a pass. there are tons of easier ways to get a card to the top.
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
887 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
"The Known" is a prediction effect that happens completely in the spectator's hands and leaves the room speechless.
Ollie
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Ollie
Biddle trick, fourced outcome, slop shuffle, ACR, Transpo with a four of a kind.
macc
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of macc
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
LoveKey1988
the perfect place to start ...
you will find card routines plus a host of other stuff
https://www.youtube.com/user/scamschool/videos

Wulfie
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Out Of This World (impromptu version)
Another vote for Gemini Twins.
Daryl's Dream Card or any similar version
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
wizdangar
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of wizdangar
Thanks for mentioning Four for Spot. It's a great impromptu effect from any deck, and it really helps you polish that Elmsley Count (because you are going to execute it a few times in performing this routine).
Let me throw in one of my recent favorite impromptu card effects. It's John Bannon's "Sort of Psychic" from his Move Zero DVD and his Destination Zero book. Not sleights, practically "self working" but packs quite an impact.
Dan Garrett (:}D)
S.A.M. National President 1994-1995
MIMC - Member of the Inner Magic Circle w/Gold Star
Obie's FFFF Board of Directors/Guest of Honor (w/Gene Anderson)
JG
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of JG
Far too many to mention here. But for a great effect that is easy to do using any deck at any time, check out 'The Crusade' by Andrew Brown and Atlas Brookings.
"PANTHERA - Improve and Develop Your Mentalism" by Jack Goldstein - a large hard backed limited edition book of mentalism, over 30 top contributors, with professional effects and essays.

Buy it now through Michael Murray at MindFX: https://www.mindfx.co.uk/

Lulu.com
https://www.lulu.com/shop/jack-goldstein/panthera/hardcover/product-m9w6w9.html?page=1&pageSize=4
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Two Cold Caans
NeverMind
View Profile
Loyal user
Right up there. On the stage.
283 Posts

Profile of NeverMind
One should surely check out John Bannon move zero. It has some great self working routines. They are easy and entertaining.
It is better to be trusted than liked.
Under promise. Over perform.
GalloMagic
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of GalloMagic
Pre-Prefiguration ( Mark Elsdon), Biddle Trick, Doc Daley Last Tick, Ice breaker( Lee Smith)
Adeofspades
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Adeofspades
Biddle trick & ambitious card are great tricks for any ordinary shuffled deck:)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best, easy tricks from a shuffled deck in use? (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL