The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..16..22..28..34..40..43~44~45 [Next]
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I don't want to want this. So why do I want this? Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Smile
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
965 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2016, jaizon wrote:
Yes, Greg, that is a great statement you have made and it has tipped the scales for me.

"I hope this helps you make an informed buying decision of whether the "juice is worth the squeeze." " And by the way, it was I who used that little aphorism (frequently) with Justin. Seems he doesn't want the public association with me. ----------------------------> joke. hahahahahahahahah

Ha ha ha 😉
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
965 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2016, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2016, Justin Lewis wrote:
Price can be a shocking thing for many, however; let's keep in mind what a creator has to do to get his or her routine/effect up and running.
Creating/ manufacturing and marketing adds up and I personally would never go through the above without a 50-60
Percent margin of profit or even more!
Just my humble thoughts
Justin.

So true. I am awaiting reviews from you and Luke

Will do Brett but I predict yo are also in on getting this!!
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
Kune
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of Kune
It sounds perfect so far!

A few things I was wondering:
Around how long is the reset?
How much do you need to hide the reset in walkaround situations?
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2016, Kune wrote:
It sounds perfect so far!

A few things I was wondering:
Around how long is the reset?
How much do you need to hide the reset in walkaround situations?

I gather reset is just the reversal of the solve. For phase 1 at least. Just a guess from reading all the posts etc...
Phase 2 would be another story.
Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Smile Anyone want to talk about cube tonight, lmk. Up all night...

PS: Yes I have a life but leave Café on whether here or not. Steve's coffee is great!!
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2016, pegasus wrote:
I'd expect this to be self working, though, at the asking price.

What?
TheStoner
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of TheStoner
This looks excellent, but with one possible issue. Greg says something about "customised stickers". So I'm guessing that the two cubes you get with RUBICON (great name by the way!) won't match a normal Rubik's cube. So this will mean you can't link this in with any other cube tricks or gimmicks because the colours won't match? The cubes used in the video demo are the standard colours (yellow green blue red white orange) but if the shipped product will be different that will be a bit of a pain TBH.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4803 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2016, TheStoner wrote:
This looks excellent, but with one possible issue. Greg says something about "customised stickers". So I'm guessing that the two cubes you get with RUBICON (great name by the way!) won't match a normal Rubik's cube. So this will mean you can't link this in with any other cube tricks or gimmicks because the colours won't match? The cubes used in the video demo are the standard colours (yellow green blue red white orange) but if the shipped product will be different that will be a bit of a pain TBH.

I think this effect in itself is so strong I don't think you would have to link this in with any other cube tricks. No need....
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1267 Posts

Profile of Jared
We have a saying here in New England about head football coach Bill Belichick and the Patriots, "In Bill we trust." I feel the same about Gregory Wilson's magic releases...The man constantly delivers practical magic that works. So in the same spirit, "In Gregory I trust." And yes, I did pre-order.
doktorp
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of doktorp
To be honest, the price for an effect/prop that a professional magician/mentalist uses in his show, should be at least US$ 500.

These are our tools, we use on stage or close-up to make our money.
I think, Greg is absolutely right, that his price tag keeps Youtubers away from exposing such a clever device/routine. At least, that's what I hope.

So, if you're complaining about the price… well… don't buy it. It is that easy!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8227 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2016, doktorp wrote:
To be honest, the price for an effect/prop that a professional magician/mentalist uses in his show, should be at least US$ 500.

These are our tools, we use on stage or close-up to make our money.
I think, Greg is absolutely right, that his price tag keeps Youtubers away from exposing such a clever device/routine. At least, that's what I hope.

So, if you're complaining about the price… well… don't buy it. It is that easy!

I do kind of agree with your comment, but poor hobbyists like myself are priced out of the market. Let's hope it isn't counterfeited anytime soon.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10616 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I will be ordering this week 100%
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:

* To be honest, the price for an effect/prop that a professional magician/mentalist uses in his show, should be at least US$ 500.

* I think, Greg is absolutely right, that his price tag keeps Youtubers away from exposing such a clever device/routine. At least, that's what I hope.

The price tag placed on a product is the sole prerogative of the creator & his distributor - the price can be sky-high or rock-bottom. But the creator must also keep in mind that for a Sky-High price, the expectations are also Sky-High (both in term of the WOW factor as well as the material received). And as per MY understanding of the working of this effect, I fear that might not be the case with Rubicon (essentially w.r.t. the material received).

And that's the reason I had said, and may I please quote:-

Quote:
On Jul 15, 2016, Ustaad wrote:

. . . it would be better if the creators and distributors learn to keep their prices reasonable and more realistic - The sooner the better.

I would like to further elaborate on the cost of material. The manufacturing cost may be less but at the same time the item should not be easy to replicate by the DIYers/Rip-off artist. As an example, take the case of effects released by Paul Harris Presents. Paul's item need special dies/jigs to manufacture a piece of item and though the final material cost of the product might cost just a few pennies, but the process of manufacturing will not be economically feasible for the DIYers. Thus making it uneconomical for the DIYer/Rip-Off artists and automatically refrain them from taking on such a venture. Thus automatically making it economically viable to purchase the original item form the creator. I however fear that's not going to be the case with Rubicon's one and only gimmick prop. It MIGHT be very easy to rip-off and thus the high price will soon hit back and put an end to the so called exclusivity of the effect as well as the product.

Now all we need to do is simply wait and watch till the effect is released and a few honest reviews come in.

Just my thoughts. Thank you.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
robd
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of robd
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2016, MazingMandy wrote:
Quote:

What?

No idea.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I was just wondering about two things at this point. Probably overkill but the stickers as well. Not so much to use with other effects but just what color they will be so as not to attract attention for something "suspicious."

Also will these cubes need maintenance since they are custom made. Are they replaceable?

Some may be wondering whether to purchase or not? Why not buy two then and keep one for collector's item. Smile
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
948 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2016, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:

* To be honest, the price for an effect/prop that a professional magician/mentalist uses in his show, should be at least US$ 500.

* I think, Greg is absolutely right, that his price tag keeps Youtubers away from exposing such a clever device/routine. At least, that's what I hope.

Absolutely holy words .i agree totally.big price big expectations.
Perhaps this is not the case

The price tag placed on a product is the sole prerogative of the creator & his distributor - the price can be sky-high or rock-bottom. But the creator must also keep in mind that for a Sky-High price, the expectations are also Sky-High (both in term of the WOW factor as well as the material received). And as per MY understanding of the working of this effect, I fear that might not be the case with Rubicon (essentially w.r.t. the material received).

And that's the reason I had said, and may I please quote:-

Quote:
On Jul 15, 2016, Ustaad wrote:

. . . it would be better if the creators and distributors learn to keep their prices reasonable and more realistic - The sooner the better.

I would like to further elaborate on the cost of material. The manufacturing cost may be less but at the same time the item should not be easy to replicate by the DIYers/Rip-off artist. As an example, take the case of effects released by Paul Harris Presents. Paul's item need special dies/jigs to manufacture a piece of item and though the final material cost of the product might cost just a few pennies, but the process of manufacturing will not be economically feasible for the DIYers. Thus making it uneconomical for the DIYer/Rip-Off artists and automatically refrain them from taking on such a venture. Thus automatically making it economically viable to purchase the original item form the creator. I however fear that's not going to be the case with Rubicon's one and only gimmick prop. It MIGHT be very easy to rip-off and thus the high price will soon hit back and put an end to the so called exclusivity of the effect as well as the product.

Now all we need to do is simply wait and watch till the effect is released and a few honest reviews come in.

Just my thoughts. Thank you.

Smile

Smile
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
948 Posts

Profile of markhitton
I am with Ustaad hiz analysis is correct.
If the solution is that possible solution I do not see why raise up the price in this way.
Just my thought
Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8227 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2016, robd wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2016, MazingMandy wrote:
Quote:

What?

No idea.

Not sure why you're both still writing pointless posts? You've both reached 50. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..16..22..28..34..40..43~44~45 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL