The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..17..23..29..35..41..43~44~45 [Next]
robd
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of robd
Good one. No really.

Whilst you're here - could you give us an idea of which price brackets correspond to what amount of work a method needs? Something like, below £20 - 'knucklebuster - requires months of practice', to above £300 'does it all itself'. That sort of thing. Just so we've some kind of yardstick for these matters in future.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2613 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2016, robd wrote:
Good one. No really.

Whilst you're here - could you give us an idea of which price brackets correspond to what amount of work a method needs? Something like, below £20 - 'knucklebuster - requires months of practice', to above £300 'does it all itself'. That sort of thing. Just so we've some kind of yardstick for these matters in future.

It's not that simple. Your questions tell me you have a lot to learn!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
robd
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of robd
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2016, afinemesh wrote:
Quote:
Good one. No really.

It's not that simple. Your questions tell me you have a lot to learn!

And your answer tells me that you have a lot to learn about sarcasm.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Bottom line, money back refund if you don't use it.

Mike on your question, I don't know if the carrying box is needed for this routine. I would suspect it is needed though thinking about it. My problem is most of my gigs are for strolling. Smile
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2016, doktorp wrote:
To be honest, the price for an effect/prop that a professional magician/mentalist uses in his show, should be at least US$ 500.

These are our tools, we use on stage or close-up to make our money.
I think, Greg is absolutely right, that his price tag keeps Youtubers away from exposing such a clever device/routine. At least, that's what I hope.

So, if you're complaining about the price… well… don't buy it. It is that easy!

I would fully agree to your post . An expensive price tag keeps a prop from the normal hands , and normally a single gig will earn the cost back , but ... I'll be reluctant to spend 500 on every working effects ... Every month I change a lot of materials in my set , and I hope that I do not have to spend another expensive sum just to add something new . And like Ustaad said , the price point of a product should be justified on a somewhat further scale and the cost of the productions .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Two weeks to go! Smile
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2016, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2016, MazingMandy wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2016, pegasus wrote:
I'd expect this to be self working, though, at the asking price.

What?

No idea.

Not sure why you're both still writing pointless posts? You've both reached 50. Smile

I was questioning your assertion that just because it is expensive means it should be self-working. That's bonkers. The cost of a routine has no relation to the necessary skill level or practice required.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Smile Addicted to this thread and Rubicon info 24/7.

13 days to go.... 2 days until stickers arrival.Smile

All I got now is a Decomposing Old Non-customized Cube with Stickers Peeling Off Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8254 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2016, MazingMandy wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2016, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2016, MazingMandy wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2016, pegasus wrote:
I'd expect this to be self working, though, at the asking price.

What?

No idea.

Not sure why you're both still writing pointless posts? You've both reached 50. Smile

I was questioning your assertion that just because it is expensive means it should be self-working. That's bonkers. The cost of a routine has no relation to the necessary skill level or practice required.

Firstly, welcome to the Cafè. Secondly, you've got a lot to learn.
Smile
robd
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of robd
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2016, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2016, MazingMandy wrote:

Firstly, welcome to the Cafè. Secondly, you've got a lot to learn.
Smile

Or you can just pay extra and then you won't have anything to learn - it will just all work itself.

Seriously though - why should it be self-working just because it's expensive?
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Come on Mandy, I will buy you a cup gal.....all welcome here. Smile
nspikito
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of nspikito
Just how self-working is Rubicon? I wouldn't want to spend all that cash and discover that you need Greg Wilson's chops to pull it off. He makes it look easy, but so does a classic pass in the hands of Bill Malone or Aaron Fisher.

Spike
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8254 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2016, nspikito wrote:
Just how self-working is Rubicon? I wouldn't want to spend all that cash and discover that you need Greg Wilson's chops to pull it off. He makes it look easy, but so does a classic pass in the hands of Bill Malone or Aaron Fisher.

Spike

Agreed Spike, however, at the asking price I would assume it's virtually self-working.
jamo425
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of jamo425
I was sold when I first saw the trailer, and the video of the full performance only solidified my decision. I personally thought, from a marketing standpoint, with a routine like this at my disposal.. with this amount of impact.. this could EASILY pay for itself working a night or two. Id imagine this routine alone would nearly guarantee you a gig. Perform Rubicon for a restaurant/bar manager or event planner ect. Or closing with this I'm sure people would be lining up for your business card. That's at least what I imagine.. not to mention giving an incredible experience to anyone lucky enough to see you perform this little miracle.

So for me.. the price tag is worth it. I see this as both a money maker and a reputation maker. But if you don't think what's advertised justifies the price tag, don't get it! Simple as that.. Same for anything else on the market. BTW everyone did notice greg's post saying if this isn't for you, he'd refund your money no questions asked right? Well then.. I hope that's enough reason to stop everyone to stop complaining about the price tag... if it's worth it to you, get it. If not, don't. simple, end of story.

Anyway, back to the actual effect.. this is Greg Wilson we're talking about here. There are very few things that I don't own of his, and so far I have never been disappointed. I can't think of too many people that have. I really don't think this, of all things, will be any exception. I don't know about you guys, but id trust something that he's performed for over a decade to be practical and workable. I trust everything to be as it claims to be.

Regardless of just how self working this effect is, I'd be more than happy to put in the time and effort in to perfect an effect like this. We saw the trailer, and the full performance.. so even if you do have to put hours or days of practice in, don't you think it's worth it for an effect like this?

Maybe if you have arthritis in both of your hands, you might want to think twice. But otherwise, come on guys.. what else to you want? To push a little secret button and have everything solve itself? Whats more, is do you really want everyone to cheer for you pressing a little button? I know that's not what I want, and I hope that's not what magic is going to be. I don't mind self working tricks once and while but we have to draw the line somewhere. How about we work a little for our applause..

Anyway, my only question regarding this effect is, does anyone know about the reset time? Is it just a matter of reversing the steps you used to solve it? Regardless, I'll be putting in my order later this week.

-Jamo
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
926 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
I work close up exclusively, and while I'm fairly good at audience management, I have little doubt but that the specs will want to examine the cubes after they've been'solved.' Did I miss whether that question has been asked...and answered?
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2016, rosariorose9 wrote:
I work close up exclusively, and while I'm fairly good at audience management, I have little doubt but that the specs will want to examine the cubes after they've been'solved.' Did I miss whether that question has been asked...and answered?

They can examine.....first phase should eliminate any suspicion whatsoever. You are placing a cube in their hands to mix. I use to do enchanted cube and after the magic, that was it. They never got to touch it even in the beginning. I didn't get any comments then I know if I have Rubicon if I do, the person is just one of those I don't often see anywhere. Now if I can ever even begin to solve a cube (I am trying), that will be real magic.
Smile

PS: Good post Jamo.... Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8254 Posts

Profile of pegasus
They will not be able to examine both cubes.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2016, pegasus wrote:

True on that, true on that indeed. But I still don't have a problem with it, be best to have in hands for sets though of course....
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
I seriously don't think examination is a problem . I've actually performed Cube 3 closeup on multiple occasions and all I can say is ... They're so bewilded that nobody asks to look at it . And I hope Rubicon will make things easier ~
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
qwerty71
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of qwerty71
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2016, pegasus wrote:

Before or after?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..17..23..29..35..41..43~44~45 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL