The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..19..25..31..37..43~44~45 [Next]
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3730 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Spend enough and Gregory will just come to your house and perform it in your place. That's a very easy way. No learning curve there.

Steve
Lbuford
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
157 Posts

Profile of Lbuford
I believe this is a great "investment". I made my purchase after seeing the video only once. For those who question why it has to cost so much; it's like the ending to the mechanic's joke after the man received his bill for the repair of his boiler:

•Tapping with the hammer.........$10
•Knowing where to tap ........$9,990

Greg should charge whatever he feels his knowledge is worth period. No other explanation should be needed if you believe this effect should be part of your arsenal. I'm excitedly looking forward to receiving mine!
Loreen

"Hindsight corrects the mistakes that foresight could have prevented"
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Good take there. Plus if you break it down, there is some logic. How many spend $40-$50 on a trick?

Well:

1-Custom Cube $42
2- Cube $42
Gimmick $42
Custom tool $42
Video instructions with Pro, No magic store people $42
Priceless Routine $42
Shipping $2

Wait until August 1st and add $16.33 to each item above....

Just sayin Smile
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2016, jaizon wrote:
Https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GYF1V9Y/ref......AFP55QKY

FFS

Those look better then Ebay one I saw that looked cheesy, thanks broth.

My advice to ones buying Rubicon. Start playing with a rubic cube.....attempt to solve it even if you cannot. These moves will help speed along the process for the algorithms. Dollar store has them for a buck.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
919 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:

FFS

GREAT find, Jaizon! Thanks.
Smile
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10615 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:

FFS

Nice!

Thanks - it should be easy to apply these with a tweezers
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
836 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
My sticker recommendation:

buy them here: https://thecubicle.us/sticker-picker-57m......123.html (great source for anything Rubik's cube related)
learn how to apply them here with sticker paper and a razor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMEdaem8F14

I've tried it, and it works very well.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Um, gang, if you are buying these stickers for your cube solving, great. But before you buy stickers for Rubicon, remember, they already come with them. The arrival date was 21st yesterday. I would shoot a message over to Greg to see if the stickers can be changed. They may be, I do not know but thinking about how this may turn out they may be difficult to replace (without saying anymore).

That being said, if I were going to replace them, I would replace mine with Rubic Cube colors probably. I ordered mine long ago for Enchanted Cube....think they look closely like the Amazon ones.

I am pretty sure Rubicon will come with quality colored stickers though, will not need replacing if you even decide to and can.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3730 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
And, I doubt anybody gives a crap about what color the stickers on the cube actually are. If you've seen Steven Brundage "solve" the 10 cubes in 1 minute, note that the cubes have various shades of the same colors on them. That having been said, Rubicon will be in my hands soon, hopefully. People who know me all know that I RARELY purchase new effects when they pop up. I do trust Gregory and know the quality of the items he creates and sells. He's an entertainer and a darned good one.

Steve
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Hey Steve! Nice to see you here, long time. And I agree 100 percent! Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Ru·bi·con
noun
noun: rubicon; plural noun: rubicons

(in piquet) an act of winning a game against an opponent whose total score is less than 100, in which case the loser's score is added to rather than subtracted from the winner's.

verb
verb: rubicon; 3rd person present: rubicons; past tense: rubiconed; past participle: rubiconed; gerund or present participle: rubiconing

score a rubicon against (one's opponent).

Smile

Cannot wait to get rubiconed....... Smile
Cartelli
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Cartelli
Hi,
in the video the colors look like the original colors of a Rubik Cube. I'd like to know what colors are on the cubes.
And like to know exactly what kind of cubes are used (Aurora, Dayan...) so I can combinate it with other effects.
Can it be restickert without problems to the gimmick?
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2016, Cartelli wrote:
Hi,
in the video the colors look like the original colors of a Rubik Cube. I'd like to know what colors are on the cubes.
And like to know exactly what kind of cubes are used (Aurora, Dayan...) so I can combinate it with other effects.
Can it be restickert without problems to the gimmick?

I would only guess the stickers are different but not sure. If the ones he is using are more along the lines of the original, then I would say the mass production of these may have caused some legal issues. Doubtful though since even the cube could be said to cause legal issues. THat being said, strange how its difficult to acquire the original colors it seems in sticker replacements.

The speed cubes should be top notch though. Unsure about replacing the stickers and gimmick problems. I would shoot a PM to Greg and see. Then please let us know, I already bugged him enough.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Just found this regarding patent for the original cube:

Imitations

Taking advantage of an initial shortage of Cubes, many imitations and variations appeared, many of which may have violated one or more patents.

Today, the patents have expired and many Chinese companies produce copies of, and in some cases improvements upon, the Rubik and V-Cube designs.[16]

I know my original cube I just bought broke when I tried to lube it. Quality certainly has declined.
wardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of wardmagic
Been reading posts and watching trailer: unbelievable effect.....I'm gonna use this effect right after Tommy Wonder's Rubik's Card to take the heat off inspection of box and cubes. .... I've placed my order.
Lbuford
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
157 Posts

Profile of Lbuford
I don't understand why the colors are so important. Am I missing something?? Until the subject came up, I never even thought about the colors.
Loreen

Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I think its just people want the original Rubic colors Lbuford. I know speed cubes I have been looking at and one I just purchased have the oddest colors I ever saw. Plus if the stickers can be replaced, its a no brainer.

Only one week to go gang! Difficut to Smile
Lbuford
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
157 Posts

Profile of Lbuford
Thanks for the clarity.

I try not to think about Rubicon so I won't lose sleep. Smile It may actually be longer than one week if 8/1 is the "ship" date instead of the "delivery date". :-(
Loreen

Lbuford
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
157 Posts

Profile of Lbuford
Here's one way to solve the sticker issue.
https://www.amazon.com/MoYu-Yulong-Stick......splay-20
Loreen

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..19..25..31..37..43~44~45 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.46 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL