The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..21..27..33..39..43~44~45 [Next]
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
716 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Glad I read this when I did: I was JUST about to place my order.

However, I would like a hard deadline when to expect this before I plunk down money (which is what we all wish when discussing PRE-ORDERS.)

Has anyone checked with Gregory if the pre-sale price will be extended or should I try and email him to see if the pre-sale price will be honored until a shipping ETA will be better assessed?
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
jamo425
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of jamo425
*See previous post*

Presale price will still be ending Aug. 1st (No extension). Shipping is delayed until September.
Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
I haven't gotten my email explanation yet, but Illusioneer if there's anyone I would trust, it's Gregory. He won't endlessly yank people around
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
716 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
OH! Not saying that at all! Love Gregory AND his products. I'll still be ordering this.

Just biting my fingernails until it arrives! Smile
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
jamo425
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of jamo425
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2016, Tony Venetico wrote:
I haven't gotten my email explanation yet

I asked him directly if the presale price was extended or not and that's what he told me. It wasn't an email sent out to everyone.
On The Offbeat
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of On The Offbeat
I can certainly understand why so many here have a problem with pre-orders.
But in this case it's Gregory Wilson, who has a very good reputation as a creator and producer of magic products.
But even beyond that this isn't the typical savings of only a few dollars, but a full C-note.
That's a pretty substantial savings and enough of an incentive for many to take the plunge early, before reviews have come in.

But I have to admit that I am a little worried that the opinion of a couple folks already in the know seems to be that they are surprised that it would be priced so high.
But even still I will likely pull the trigger before the August 1st deadline.
Magicalos
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Price isn't horrible - its Gregory freakin Wilson guys! trench tested, audience approved material for sure! placed my order today and I'm not a cube guy nor do I own any other cubes.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3730 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I got an email this morning, explaining that there's a problem with one of the custom-made components of the Rubicon, and that they will not ship Monday. It says that when we receive it in September, it will be perfect.

Steve
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2016, Phatmeat wrote:

"UPDATE: 7/27/16
New parts are being made and RUBICON will be ready in September.

Quote:
On Jul 25, 2016, Decomposed wrote:

Only one week to go gang! Difficut to Smile

Where are you my friend Smile Have you heard the latest Smile The calendar has been reset - - - Back to the one month wait. Smile

You can now sleep peaceful for at least a month Smile Smile

Smile
P.S.

Quote:
On Jul 27, 2016, jamo425 wrote:

Just got an email from Greg, he said the presale price will still be ending on Aug. 1st because to change it at this point would be a bit of a slight to people that ordered which were expecting it to ship in august.

Hmm Smile - Interesting decision. Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8211 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Poor Decomposed. Smile I feel for him. Perhaps the Chinese knock offs will be ready before Gregg's. You never know. Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Late to the party, been on vacation. Bummer. But life goes on. At least I can solve the cube now.

Anyone know if stickers come on the cube or we put them on? Anyone have a link to how to correctly place them?
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3730 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I've got plans for a new, better cube effect! All the sides & colors are the SAME. Who's in? No twisting involved. It's just a solid block. It won't even break if you drop it on the floor!

Steve
BlackZ
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of BlackZ
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2016, Stevethomas wrote:
I've got plans for a new, better cube effect! All the sides & colors are the SAME. Who's in? No twisting involved. It's just a solid block. It won't even break if you drop it on the floor!

Steve

Put me on the list... I like the idea!!! ;-)
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10615 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I heard that Greg was/is in Finland - and then traveling to Asia next month.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
...interestingly enough I preordered but sent the money to a non existent account (a typo I didn't catch). So the money never left my account and it turns out I never pre-ordered. Serendipity? Fate? Now what do I do? Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4591 Posts

Profile of videoman
I love all of Greg Wilson's stuff but not convinced this is worth several times the cost compared to Collaboration Cube.
BlackZ
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of BlackZ
I remember... the one with the box... without exposing nothing... could you tell us the difference?
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2016, jaizon wrote:
...interestingly enough I preordered but sent the money to a non existent account (a typo I didn't catch). So the money never left my account and it turns out I never pre-ordered. Serendipity? Fate? Now what do I do? Smile

I will use the cliche I see on Stephen Young items for sale:

"Finger hovering over the pay pal button"

Waiting until September gives plenty of time now to learn how to solve a cube or brushing up if you already know how to. Unsure when Greg comes back.....but if he said there are problems with quality best to wait.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2016, videoman wrote:
I love all of Greg Wilson's stuff but not convinced this is worth several times the cost compared to Collaboration Cube.

I heard the collaboration cube takes some skill.....dunno for sure...I read you get one gimmicked cube and one ungimmicked cube. If that is true, I think I would prefer Greg's method.
BlackZ
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of BlackZ
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2016, Decomposed wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2016, videoman wrote:

I heard the collaboration cube takes some skill.....dunno for sure...I read you get one gimmicked cube and one ungimmicked cube. If that is true, I think I would prefer Greg's method.

Looking at the demo it didn't seem to be so different... the skill required seem the same... but of course, I do not know the method so, maybe, I am totally wrong...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..21..27..33..39..43~44~45 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL