The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..24..29..34..39..43~44~45 [Next]
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
One solve a day keeps Rubicon on the way! Smile
Magicalos
View Profile
Veteran user
366 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
September cant come fast enough Smile
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1862 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Anyone hear any updates about release?
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3730 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Messaged Gregory last week, still no response. I'm sure he's not here daily.

Steve
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10616 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Well I know Greg had an awesome trip to Asia and plenty of play cash $$$ from all the pre-orders (including mine)!

Hopefully this month we will see this masterpiece.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
717 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Yeah. I wish I would have known the pre order would be Backed up without an update for so long.

I may have to pull my order... Smile
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
On The Offbeat
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of On The Offbeat
Greg (and his website) says it is scheduled to ship in September, and judging by most shipping estimates it will probably be closer to the end of the month than the beginning but there is always hope. Smile
But technically it's not late from when he made his last update about having to redo some of the components.

The advantage to pre-ordering in this case was there was a substantial savings ($100) if you placed your order by August 1st. I'm sure that is why Greg received many pre-orders for Rubicon.
That, and also it looking to be a great effect and method and Greg's previous track record regarding the products he has released.

If the parts aren't perfect I would personally rather wait and have them redone so that they are, but like many I am looking forward to getting this ASAP.
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
836 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Last I heard (UNOFFICIALLY), they were hoping for shipping out September 8th. However, it is likely it won't be until mid- to late-September.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3730 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I agree with ON THE OFFBEAT. I know Greg will NOT send out crappy or even marginal items. I'm glad he's who he is. I can wait.

Steve
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
717 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Its not that I doubt Greg at ALL. His products are second to none.

But an updated ETA (now that we're basically in September) would be helpful - especially if it was supposed to be one element that needed fabricated only because I have to try and time the delivery out with me leaving the country. That's the only reason I'd have to cancel.

Not having anything to do with how strong I know this product will be or Greg's excellent track record.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8227 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Posted by Greg on July 31.

4) I don't want to provide a hard deadline date for completion, as my goal is to make Rubicon PERFECT. That said, I'm expecting mid-September.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
717 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Mid to late September shipping is the estimate I received from the source.

I'll be keeping my order and my excitement over this!!
jnork
View Profile
Regular user
Jason Christopher
166 Posts

Profile of jnork
Guys and gals...don't hold your breath for 'mid September' either. Once that first promised 'ship date' passes, in my mind all bets are off. This happens frequently with pre-releases. Even from the best in magic creation. I RARELY buy stuff as it comes out or ahead of time and am usually a year or two behind. I earn my living performing. I have everything I really 'need' to continue to do so. As such, I'm pretty discriminating as to what I put into my act or don't. I only purchase something if I can see an immediate use for it in one or more of my shows.

Now, since I don't purchase ahead of time, I have the benefit of looking back at old posts and reviews about these special 'pre-release' offers and how often they are 'delayed, delayed a bit more, and delayed one more time'. On top of that, I have a super memory (Not 'Lorraine' super but I'm good). The last two effects I bought in 'real time' were Rubicon and the Quantum Bender. BOTH of which were delayed. There was a delay with Sanders' "Identity" and on "Freakey" in 2007 by the same creator. For 'Freakey', it was originally to ship 4/23/2007 ... then 5/10 ... then 5/30 ... then 6/10 .. then 6/20 ... then 7/28 ... then 'soon' after 8/28 and FINALLY shipped on 9/9/2007.

With that being said, I actually USE all 3 of those effects (Identity, Freakey, Quantum Bender) in my act, and I can assure you that Rubicon will take it's place along side of those--in about a year or two. Not because I think that's how long it's going to take to ship LOL -- but because Steven Brundage has simply overdone cube magic for the time being, IMO. Truth be told, had I known he was going to do so much cube magic on AGT, I would NOT have ordered this ahead of time, BECAUSE I know that I would have not put it into my act immediately. That's just me and how I choose my material.

Anyway, I like Greg and his material (I own, but more importantly USE a TON of it) and liked Rubicon when I first saw it at Wizardz in Orlando. There was no question I'd get it when he hinted he would be releasing it. I know I'll like this release and use it.

I'm just being realistic. My only suggestion is be patient and don't 'expect' anything. When it ships, it'll ship. And you'll love it Smile

Jason
Yours in Magic!
Jason
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4803 Posts

Profile of RNK
I rarely pre-order myself now, but when by pre-ordering you can save $100.00, especially for an effect that looks amazing which is coming from a fantastic creator and trustworthy person such as G. Wilson- I did pre-order and will have the patience to wait.

RNK
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8227 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I remember freakey at Blackpool 2007. It was on pre-order from then until shipment in September of the same year. That's a loooong time.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4803 Posts

Profile of RNK
But it was eventually released as Rubicon will be and everyone who preordered will have saved $100 on what looks be a fantastic effect!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8227 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Makes you laugh though. Anyone else would have been hung-drawn-and quartered..
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4803 Posts

Profile of RNK
I think the difference is because Greg always puts out top notch products and if there ever is a problem Greg has great communication with his customers.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8227 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Great communication? I don't think so personally.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4803 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2016, pegasus wrote:
Great communication? I don't think so personally.

Well since you didn't buy it you personally won't have to worry about it.

Leave the worrying to us who purchased it.

Funny how your the only one complaining. Keep stirring the pot if it makes you feel good about yourself. If I didn't know any better I would begin to think you are acting like a troll. But nah, someone complaining about a preorder who didn't preorder it. Silly me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..24..29..34..39..43~44~45 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL