The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23..28..32..36..40..43~44~45 [Next]
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12001 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
No email, I better email Greg....
Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
Anyone get any updates? I've been quiet and patient since I preordered, and haven't complained.....but I've heard nothing since Greg's original "delay" email - just curious
James Diamond
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of James Diamond
Greg put an update on Facebook 3 hours ago saying that everything should be ready to ship out in about 7-10 days.
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
967 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
It's coming guys! Patients 😉🤓
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1193 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2016, James Diamond wrote:
Yep, I messaged Greg yesterday and received a similar response.

He says: "That said, everything should be ready to ship out in about 7-10 days."

For what it's worth just note he says *should* not *will*.

Fingers crossed though, not long now! Getting pretty excited again for this!

Note that this was said a week ago too. Poor Greg, he must be have one hell of a time getting this ready.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
On The Offbeat
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of On The Offbeat
Quote:
On Oct 4, 2016, EZrhythm wrote:

Note that this was said a week ago too. Poor Greg, he must be have one hell of a time getting this ready.

No doubt Greg is losing some (more Smile) hair over the release of this product.
I'm not complaining because I'm in no hurry but sales just from members of the Café alone have likely put thousands of dollars in Greg's pocket so I think at this point he really should post here with an updated status report.
It's more than good business it's just common courtesy.
And I'm sorry, but being really busy doesn't outweigh being courteous to your customers.
Hopefully we will hear something from Greg soon.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5028 Posts

Profile of RNK
I did receive an email! Getting excited now!! Sounds like it's very soon. And what's even more awesome, Greg is offering any 3 FREE downloads from his site for the delay!!!!

Thanks Greg!!

RNK
dylanxtay
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
102 Posts

Profile of dylanxtay
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2016, RNK wrote:
I did receive an email! Getting excited now!! Sounds like it's very soon. And what's even more awesome, Greg is offering any 3 FREE downloads from his site for the delay!!!!

Thanks Greg!!

RNK

Weird how I've never received any email from Greg or anyone from Secret Sources, despite pre-ordering/ purchasing the effect way back in July. Glad to hear that there's some progress behind the scene tho.
Dylan Tay
Magician & Cardist

Check Out My First Cardistry Tutorial Release http://thenewdeckorder.com/hk-tutorial-pack

Broken Borders Playing Cards Available Now!
https://youtu.be/5NRC7AbS0Rw

Check out my new Cardistry video, "Iridescent" right now!
https://youtu.be/iXPUETl8eQ8
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4806 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Oct 4, 2016, EZrhythm wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2016, James Diamond wrote:
Yep, I messaged Greg yesterday and received a similar response.

He says: "That said, everything should be ready to ship out in about 7-10 days."

For what it's worth just note he says *should* not *will*.

Fingers crossed though, not long now! Getting pretty excited again for this!

Maybe Greg is going to announce "7-10 days", 7-10 more times.

I haven't received an email from Greg. Does he just send a few out at a time?
Odd way of doing business. Gotta love these performers who try and get into the selling side of the business.

RNK, doesn't he have only a couple downloads on his site?
So it doesn't mean much if you already own them.
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
544 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Never received any email updates either.
magicmusic
View Profile
New user
Northport, NY
2 Posts

Profile of magicmusic
Add me to the list of folks anxiously awaiting some sort of divine intervention or, at the very least, a follow-up from Mr. Anderson. I called thesecretsource phone number, got an abrupt phone message and then a message that the voice mailbox was FULL! I also sent an email and never received even a generic follow-up. This stinks and $350 is NOT a "drop-in-the-bucket miser's dream" either!!!!

I think that it is also very deceptive that RUBICON is advertised as being "In Stock" on the website (at least it was the LAST time I checked). Yes, magic is a deceptive art but, fellow magicians should be treated fairly and honestly.

I will be patient for a little while longer. If Greg reads this forum, it would be helpful to remind him (at the very least) that an occasional email "blast" to all of us who ordered RUBICON is a show of good faith and, something we all deserve for supporting him.

Your thoughts?
gunthard
View Profile
New user
Germany
86 Posts

Profile of gunthard
I canceled the order 14 days ago and after three days I got the money back.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1921 Posts

Profile of Daren
I'm giving it a few more days, I might consider cancelling if another post to say another 7-10 days!!!
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
916 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
I wouldn't cancel if I already waited this long.

Even I think that it's coming soon, although "soon" is an undefined period of time.

Remember that there is a money back guarantee if you're not satisfied.

At least wait and see if you are satisfied.

You could be canceling the trick that people will always talk about.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
dman11
View Profile
Special user
PA
666 Posts

Profile of dman11
He has pictures on his facebook of a huge stack of cubes and packaging...
Gregory Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
87 Posts

Profile of Gregory Wilson
Gentlemen,

Just in case you haven't heard the latest update yet . . .

First, I am alive! : )

Second, I recently returned from a 7-week, 9-country lecture/performance tour and the new gimmick for Rubicon (that was regrettably ill-fitted the first time since the cube and gimmick came from two different vendors) was being modified and assembled while I was away. That said, I had the highest hopes to put it out in September, but now it looks like everything should realistically be ready to ship out in about 7-10 days. (Likely 7 days, but need the extra buffer of 10 days so I'm not the boy who cried wolf AGAIN).

Third, everyone is completely justified in losing or diminishing their faith and I take full responsibility for this fiasco -- which is really frustrating since much of this was out of my control, with me at the mercy of my suppliers. That said, I'd like to thank you for your everlasting patience and hope you find it worth the wait and get as much performance pleasure out of Rubicon as I have over the years.

Fourth, being on tour took up TONS of my time and the last thing I wanted to do was keep promising what I wasn't sure of myself -- which is why I had radio silence for a while. If you have any questions whatsoever, do not hesitate to email or Facebook me and I will answer them personally as I have over the last few weeks.

Hope you all understand and I can regain your trust and support. : ))))

Regards,

Gregory Wilson

PS If you go to my recent Facebook post, you'll see the photos of how very close I am to the finish line.
magicmusic
View Profile
New user
Northport, NY
2 Posts

Profile of magicmusic
OK, this is more like it! Heard back from Mr. RUBICON himself and now, I'm a believer, again! There is hope!
LoganPorterMagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of LoganPorterMagic
Been waiting for this one. I am a huge fan of Greg and a new fan of Rubik's cube magic.. Can't wait for this one to hit the market!
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1193 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
My trust and support remains, Greg... ROCK ON! -Or should I say, RUBIC-ON!
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1067 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Greg....

Thanks for the update.

Hundy and Exact Change have served me well for many years....

I jumped on this right away back in July, and can't wait to get it!
PRAISE FOR TIM'S BOOK, PERFORM:

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"My favorite book for performers!" Bill Cook

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23..28..32..36..40..43~44~45 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL