The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..15..22..29..36..43~44~45 [Next]
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10629 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2016, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2016, korttihai_82 wrote:

Its clever but what you receive is more on Bob Kohler proline prices than common magic shop prices. Of course 2 quality cubes, carrying box and gaff can easily add up to 80-100$ but knowing exactly what this is I have to say that I was somewhat surprised on the price.

. . . . and two days ago this is what I wrote to one of my friends and may I please quote:-

Quote:

I am sure that lot of people are going to be very unhappy to see their hard earned $350 taken away by selling two speed cubes and a (~~ EDITED ~~) gimmick. People are not going to be happy getting a few dollars worth of item.

Also if my thinking is correct, you will soon see this at a fraction of the price on the Chinese magic sites.

Quote:

. . . and because of the high price it wont be done by every amateur and hobbyist.

Rather on the contrary, to avoid rip-offs of their product, it would be better if the creators and distributors learn to keep their prices reasonable and more realistic - The sooner the better. Else they will soon face the might of the great Dragon and their so called highly exclusive product will be in the hands of every amateur and hobbyist (sad but unavoidable true fact). Thus the product will soon loose its exclusivity.

My thoughts please.

Smile

Price seems kinda high for a few Chinese made speed cubes and something extra.

Looks like Greg should pull in near $100K in short order.

Of course it's a worker and likely clever but I agree the copycats will be on this quickly. Maybe that's the point - no BS with Murphy's - fast money before it gets inevitably ripped.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
He showed me it in blackpool so I know how its done and it clever,but Ill wait for a cheaper one to come out first before I buy it I think
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1505 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2016, Karl M wrote:
He showed me it in blackpool so I know how its done and it clever,but Ill wait for a cheaper one to come out first before I buy it I think

So you're going to wait for the knock off to come out?...
If you enjoy my thoughts on the cafe, please consider donating a coffee at the link.
https://ko-fi.com/madisonhagler
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12001 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2016, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Its clever but what you receive is more on Bob Kohler proline prices than common magic shop prices. Of course 2 quality cubes, carrying box and gaff can easily add up to 80-100$ but knowing exactly what this is I have to say that I was somewhat surprised on the price.

. . . . and two days ago this is what I wrote to one of my friends and may I please quote:-

Quote:

I am sure that lot of people are going to be very unhappy to see their hard earned $350 taken away by selling two speed cubes and a (~~ EDITED ~~) gimmick. People are not going to be happy getting a few dollars worth of item.

Also if my thinking is correct, you will soon see this at a fraction of the price on the Chinese magic sites.

Quote:

. . . and because of the high price it wont be done by every amateur and hobbyist.

Rather on the contrary, to avoid rip-offs of their product, it would be better if the creators and distributors learn to keep their prices reasonable and more realistic - The sooner the better. Else they will soon face the might of the great Dragon and their so called highly exclusive product will be in the hands of every amateur and hobbyist (sad but unavoidable true fact). Thus the product will soon loose its exclusivity.

My thoughts please.

Smile

Price seems kinda high for a few Chinese made speed cubes and something extra.

Looks like Greg should pull in near $100K in short order.

Of course it's a worker and likely clever but I agree the copycats will be on this quickly. Maybe that's the point - no BS with Murphy's - fast money before it gets inevitably ripped.

'Im thinking more like $200 to $250 Brett but I may be off a few hundred. Seriously, he is releasing his routine also....been doing it for years. Look at Exact Change. That thing is a killer. Is the gimmick cheap? Sure it is. Does it bring gasps? You bet it does. I hear Greg has slept only a few hours in the last few days getting Rubes packed and cracked.

Justin I agree, that behind the back to a none Cuber like me is a thing of beauty. Does it take months of practice? Greg says no. Like my friend said above, something really nice would be a gimmicked cube that only turns a few ways and it becomes solved. For the ones cube challenged like me.
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
967 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
I think this will be great! Methodes for me isn't as important as result.
I won't invest countless hours learning "solve work" so this will
Help me tremendously I think.
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12001 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2016, Justin Lewis wrote:
I think this will be great! Methodes for me isn't as important as result.
I won't invest countless hours learning "solve work" so this will
Help me tremendously I think.

Well said Justin , Well said. Smile
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
912 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
That is interesting indeed. Unless Greg has kept parts of the routine undisclosed, it seems those in the know have deemed it expensive.

Still, being able to do that without any cube knowledge is great. Some may even use that fact to their advantage.

As for cheaper versions, those are inevitable. Even cheap gimmicks are found at fractions of the price. There will always be those who will buy those (not judging, just pointing out).

With all that said, I love this. It fits who I am. I have played with the cube and do some of the previously published effects in the past year but not in gigs yet. This seems to fit a routine I have put on the back burner for a while.

I looking forward to see how this unfolds.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12001 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2016, ash2arani wrote:
That is interesting indeed. Unless Greg has kept parts of the routine undisclosed, it seems those in the know have deemed it expensive.

Still, being able to do that without any cube knowledge is great. Some may even use that fact to their advantage.

As for cheaper versions, those are inevitable. Even cheap gimmicks are found at fractions of the price. There will always be those who will buy those (not judging, just pointing out).

With all that said, I love this. It fits who I am. I have played with the cube and do some of the previously published effects in the past year but not in gigs yet. This seems to fit a routine I have put on the back burner for a while.

I looking forward to see how this unfolds.

My sentiments exactly. Gig wise, anything cube related fits my persona exactly! When I saw this, I was stoked to say the least. Sure I wanted some of what I wanted it to be. Still not sure on all that but I need a creator to come up with something, easy to do, spectators will love, fits mentalist and magicians alike, not take a ton of practice to learn. This seems to fit. Will another cube come out that does some incredible things and have a gimmick that does all the work? Maybe, but don't hold your breath. I have searched and my radar has been up for many years. Still if it does exists, its being kept under wraps. Perhaps it is very difficult to make or those who have it will keep it as the holy grail. For now, this, like Greg is causing me to lose sleep.
Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12001 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Here is some speculation. My guess is 90 percent of magicians/performers have OCD.

I am all over this cube effect. Its who I am.

Smile
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
948 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

My thoughts please.

Smile

I totally agree with Ustaad 👍✌
Smile
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
948 Posts

Profile of markhitton
The last Ustaad sequence about the exclusivity should make rethink the creators about this high price selling method Smile
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2016, MadisonH wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2016, Karl M wrote:

So you're going to wait for the knock off to come out?...

What knock off one? why are you given me the banjo?
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10629 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I will say this looks very very very impressive
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Infographicmagicreviews
View Profile
Regular user
Nelson
126 Posts

Profile of Infographicmagicreviews
The price is a little out of reach. Which I like. If Greg asks for this price, he will deliver!
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
967 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Price can be a shocking thing for many, however; let's keep in mind what a creator has to do to get his or her routine/effect up and running.
Creating/ manufacturing and marketing adds up and I personally would never go through the above without a 50-60
Percent margin of profit or even more!
Just my humble thoughts
Justin.
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10629 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
Price can be a shocking thing for many, however; let's keep in mind what a creator has to do to get his or her routine/effect up and running.
Creating/ manufacturing and marketing adds up and I personally would never go through the above without a 50-60
Just my humble thoughts
Justin.

So true. I am awaiting reviews from you and Luke
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12001 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
Just my humble thoughts
Justin.

ALso, Greg has to pay all those babes he has packaging these up for shipment on 1 August. Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12001 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2016, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
Just my humble thoughts
Justin.

So true. I am awaiting reviews from you and Luke

But could it be $350 by then? Its a $100 bet Brett.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
If you buy early and don't like it you can resell it after it goes to regular price and probably still break even.

Also, does anyone know if you have to use the gimmick for the first part? Or is it used only if you do both parts? Or is the gimmick self contained within one of the cubes? I don't really expect an answer but I thought I'd pose the questions.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12001 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Good questions Jaizon....

For all the buyers, you might as well get a head start on Cube Maintenance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AodkIAQ......&index=6
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..15..22..29..36..43~44~45 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.34 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL