The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..41~42~43~44~45 [Next]
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1647 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2017, kollo wrote:
As I was the one who posted the "2.0" thing:
It´s only a Headline above the online instructions, while the instructions are the "original one". So, there is no 2.0.
As a owner of Rubicon I really can´t imagine what could be done better. Rubicon is a premium product. I own all the other cube-gimmicks, but Rubicon is by far the best.

Why do you say that as the ad copy clearly suggests that there is a 2.0

Ships in December 2017
Re-engineered cubes for maximum deception!
Super easy to do (comes complete with EVERYTHING needed to do both phases of the routine)
No legitimate cube-solving necessary
Can be performed close-up, stand-up and completely surrounded
The custom-designed, state-of-the-art gimmick does all the work for you!
Free US Shipping (Use promo code FREESHIP at checkout)

Why would it say 're-engineered' or the new shipping date

Old ad copy says:

Super easy to do (comes complete with EVERYTHING needed to do both phases of the routine)
No legitimate cube-solving necessary
Can be performed close-up, stand-up and completely surrounded
The custom-designed, state-of-the-art gimmick does all the work for you!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4512 Posts

Profile of videoman
Greg's recent email also states that 2.0 is not only newly re-engineered but with completely custom cubes.
Have no idea what that means as it is basically a re-wording of the original ad copy.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, but personally I think he is feeling some pressure from Perfect Square which I don't think is as good as Rubicon (although some do prefer it) but since PS is significantly cheaper and does get the job done, I would have to believe it is taking a large bite out of Rubicon's sales.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1647 Posts

Profile of The Duster
I thought Rubik's Dream was the Rubicon killer

There was also speculation [by others] that Greg rushed his 'original version' out to beat RD

But I don't know any of that for sure
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1030 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Just listed Rubicon for sale here on the Café at a great deal!
Author of PERFORM...all the stuff to think about

Over 450 pages, hardcover, full color

"I loved this book!" - Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars - highly recommended" - Nick Lewin

"Chock full of ideas that will make me more $$ and my shows more professional!" - Leif David

Foreword written by Joshua Jay

Tim's book and other goodies to help performers here...

[email]tim@pkshow.com[/email]
singhal5
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of singhal5
Tim Hannig, where exactly on the Café can I find Rubison for sale?
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1647 Posts

Profile of The Duster
You need 50 posts
overflow
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
188 Posts

Profile of overflow
Good morning,
can someone show me where to find the AD copy of the new 2.0 version of rubicon ?

Regards
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8053 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2017, overflow wrote:
Good morning,
can someone show me where to find the AD copy of the new 2.0 version of rubicon ?

Regards

https://thesecretsource.com/gregs-gadgetry/rubicon
overflow
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
188 Posts

Profile of overflow
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2017, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2017, overflow wrote:
Good morning,

Regards

https://thesecretsource.com/gregs-gadgetry/rubicon

Thanks so much!
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1728 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
What if we want to sell this ? Because the instructions are linked to my account on secret access..
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1129 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Gentlemen - can someone recommend a primer for the various cube effects out there? I’ve tried searching but hoping someone can link me to a thread discussing the various options out there for Rubik effects. It is so much to digest.

Regarding 2.0 - are we assured “custom” still retains the standard rubik colors? I’d hate the new version to look different than what we all think of as a Rubik cube.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1491 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2018, DynaMix wrote:
Gentlemen - can someone recommend a primer for the various cube effects out there? I’ve tried searching but hoping someone can link me to a thread discussing the various options out there for Rubik effects. It is so much to digest.

Regarding 2.0 - are we assured “custom” still retains the standard rubik colors? I’d hate the new version to look different than what we all think of as a Rubik cube.

You can't go wrong with Steven Brundage or Karl Heins work. A quick search with their names will point you in the right direction
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1647 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2018, Bobby Forbes wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2018, DynaMix wrote:

You can't go wrong with Steven Brundage or Karl Heins work. A quick search with their names will point you in the right direction

Please not Steve Brundage as his 'work' is completely lifted [and not credited] from Takamiz Usui

You can't go wrong with Takamiz Usui or Karl Heins work
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2378 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Not getting as much press as the Rubicks Dream, Nighmare and Rubicon but Perfect Square is a very nice solution. Not hijacking a thread, just want to let people know the options. Full disclosure I have all of these but have yet to perform any. Wow, that’s embarrassing.
Robert Angier
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Robert Angier
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2018, The Duster wrote:

Please not Steve Brundage as his 'work' is completely lifted [and not credited] from Takamiz Usui

You can't go wrong with Takamiz Usui or Karl Heins work

Exactly.

Brundage lacks budo. Takamiz Usui, however, is the man!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4512 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2018, Alex DLF wrote:
What if we want to sell this ? Because the instructions are linked to my account on secret access..

I know Café members have sold this so I would also be interested in hearing how they handled this issue.
atomic111
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of atomic111
I received the sellers username and password. It doesn't appear either can be changed on the site, but the seller had no problem giving them to me. Just make sure you put them in a safe place.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1577 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
No it can't be changed. I emailed Gregory about this but I got no reply.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1502 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Did anyone else see greg's post about a 2.0?
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1058 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
I also received the original purchaser's user name and password. Then I used a screen shot video downloader and saved all of the vids.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..41~42~43~44~45 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL