The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..21..26..31..36..41..43~44~45 [Next]
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
700 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Apparently, the spec does not mix the cube you end up matching in Collaboration Cube. So definitely different since with Rubicon, the spec mixes a cube and you match it.

Plus gimmick quality from what Greg is touting seems to be of a superior build and quality.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2016, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
Apparently, the spec does not mix the cube you end up matching in Collaboration Cube. So definitely different since with Rubicon, the spec mixes a cube and you match it.

Plus gimmick quality from what Greg is touting seems to be of a superior build and quality.

LOL, you posted before my PM bro.....great info!
Smile
BlackZ
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of BlackZ
I have seen but having seen only short pieces... I don't want to make any assumption that could, maybe, be wrong!

Rubicon seem great... I want only be sure to not buy any sort of clone or something that will make me disappointed in any way... also if Greg is a "brand" of top stuff...

Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
The "solving" of the cube looks strange to me. I don't see the cube sections actually turning.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2016, Woodfield wrote:
The "solving" of the cube looks strange to me. I don't see the cube sections actually turning.

Are you referring to Rubicon or Collaboration Woodfield?
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Only 48 hours til price increase and 32 days until first shipment. Smile
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2016, Decomposed wrote:

Only 48 hours til price increase and 32 days until first shipment. Smile

Price rise is certain (as of now), but don't be too sure of the shipment.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Yeah bearded dragon slowdown..... Smile
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
918 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
Quote:

I agree, rubicon, during the behind the back change there seems to be no rotation of the blocks at all, they just seem to change colour, the jumbling around just hides it ...a bit.
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2016, catweazle wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

I agree, rubicon, during the behind the back change there seems to be no rotation of the blocks at all, they just seem to change colour, the jumbling around just hides it ...a bit.

I'm referring to the demo video of Rubicon. When Greg solves the cube at the start of the video and when he does it behind his back in the live performance.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Oh I see what you mean now. I never really noticed it before. He goes behind his back and comes back out with cube in his hand. Takes the one mixed by the spec and matches them. They will not be watching the video like us so I do not think there will be anything noticed at all. I didn't when you told me even though I am 99 percent sure how this all is done (phase 2 that is).

He has been doing this act for 10 years, doubt he has any problems now. My only question is the quality of the products at this point.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
918 Posts

Profile of catweazle
No, I mean when he 'solves' the cube with the cube behind his back, but so that we can see it happen, i.e, he is facing away from us with the cube behind his back thus we see the cube 'being solved'- the cube is in full sight.
as this is done there is no rotation of the cube, just a bit of movement, the cube just appears to solve itself without any obvious rotation at all, it looks odd.
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
700 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Greg mentioned earlier in these threads that its a simple twist and turn over move he does with one hand.

I think it looks really good. More convincing than other one handed solves Ive been playing around with.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Yeah Cat, when I first saw him do this one handed solve, it was truly a thing of beauty. I watched it over and over and truly thought it was some gimmick. Remember he has been doing this for 10 years and he cannot solve a cube. The cubes not being gimmicked are a plus. Remember the audience will not be watching demos over and over to dissect.
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
I only watched the demo once. It looks magical, just not realistic
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
918 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2016, Woodfield wrote:

Which to be fair is the point of a magician I guess Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2016, catweazle wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2016, Woodfield wrote:

Which to be fair is the point of a magician I guess Smile

Guess its not for everybody....as long as you do not change your mind after midnight Sunday. Remember, you are not seeing the entire routine from beginning to end. The spectator mixes a cube. You take back that cube that has been mixed and solve it in 10 seconds behind your back.....That is what we call the logical disconnect or the spectator head spin.

It is an elite club as Greg says. No risk guarantee also which I do not think I have ever seen for a "magic" related product. For me at least, I have mentalism plans for this. I already had my bout with magic with the Enchanted Cube.

For those who are buying this, even though it is not needed, you have more then enough time to learn how to solve the cube. Greg says it will come in handy for an additional phase added to the standard routine. My goal was just to not have to take the cube apart after the performance was finished. Greg also stated this earlier on the thread.

Less then 30 hours to go....
Smile Smile Smile
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
918 Posts

Profile of catweazle
I do really like this this, but I bought cube3 last week and have got a bit addicted, I can see myself getting this in the future just for the fact the spec can mix it, but the pound £ is at a bad exchange rate at the mo, and will get better at some point so the offer will prob balance out.
I really want to get the cube3 down first , but I'm not in any way knocking Rubicon, it does look great and actually magical, which is slightly different to cube3, with that you kind of guess that skill with the cube is at play, just hidden in most part by either a bag, hand or back etc.

P.S good luck to Steve in AGT!
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
918 Posts

Profile of catweazle
There are speedcubers that solve cubes blindfolded, which I'm sure you could do with Rubicon as a presentational idea, you could even beat the world record Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RfJbcydNJ0
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Good thoughts. Did not know Steve was on AGT again, thought he was on last year?

Forget the price tag, new Eric Snowden movie will be out come September. You can see in the trailer he is an ace at the cube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlSAiI3xMh4

Just having a promotional packet showing cube hopefully will launch some corporate business.

Hey Cat I know how you feel! For years the dollar was awful over there in your world. Its a doubled edge sword however.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..21..26..31..36..41..43~44~45 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL