The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20..25..29..33..37..41..43~44~45 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8541 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Very well said Jason.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1865 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2016, Jack Straw wrote:
I really don't want to get involved here, BUT.....

In July Greg said that he was only waiting for the printed labels for Rubicon (and that right there should tell you something about Rubicon), and that they would be received in a few days, and that Rubicon would DEFINITELY ship by August 1st.

Then a week later he said that there were other things wrong with what he had already received.

So, if he had everything except the labels, then there was no quality control check on the things that he already had in stock.

Or maybe nothing was in stock at the time that he said that.

But his trip to Europe went off on time.

Magicians are very good at deception.

All I can say is that I'm tired of the BS here.

And we allow it to happen.

Well, some of us do.

Once I get messed over, I never buy from that person again.

And by the way, I am a mentalist, and here is my prediction:

Rubicon will NOT ship in September.

Write it down.

But, of course, I have an out hidden underneath my keyboard!

This is why Jack is a great mentalist , I have a feeling he will be sport on with his prediction !

In fairness Greg did not say what year it would ship so it could be Sep 2017 !!!

I got had once with a pre order took over 6 months for an item that was going to ship in 2 weeks
After that experince I have saved a lot of time and money by waiting for the item to be out before I part with my $$$$$

All the dealers hype " When they are gone they are gone "

Does not wash with me !
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8541 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I hear yer Jack, however, the one hundred dollar reduction for pre-orders was too enticing for many.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1865 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Hopefully the discount will equal to the delay
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5033 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2016, pegasus wrote:
I hear yer Jack, however, the one hundred dollar reduction for pre-orders was too enticing for many.

Apparently was not enough for you so acting like a troll is how you decide to be.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8541 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Calm down baffling bob. Smile
kevishu
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of kevishu
I didn't pre-order this. But I just stumbled on this thread and see hints of frustration going on with pre-orders again. Just in the general sense (not specific to Rubicon), I'll never understand why some people get so upset delays on new product releases, and especially when they say they'll "never pre-order again" because of those delays. Just think about this once and for all... you ordered it because... 1) you like the effect.... 2) you want to purchase the effect.... 3) there's typically a discount (or some bonus) associated with pre-orders.... and finally... 4) you want to be one of the first to get the effect. While I understand there's anxiousness in getting a cool new effect, realize that none of the 4 points above go moot over a simple delay. Why would a delay change any of that? You're still going to get the product you so strongly wanted when it is finally shipped. You're still getting the discount/bonus. And you're still going to be one of the first to receive it. It's not like everybody else is getting it and you're not.

Another thing to think about... what if the creator never opted to release this effect in the first place? Would you have even known about it? Shouldn't you at least appreciate the fact you have an opportunity to get a great effect... ever? Delays happen in all industries. Magic industry isn't immune to the unexpected.

Back to Rubicon... I remember Greg posting a September release. September just started. I would love this if I had the money. I would love it if I got it in September... and I would love it if I got it in November or December just the same.
theoriginalman
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of theoriginalman
If there is anyone in this thread that is so upset,doubtful or dissatisfied with the delay of their purchase and wish to cancel their order don't. I will gladly take this off of your hands for the exceptional discount price. Now lets see how many "dissatisfied" customers take me up on my offer.

Thank You
MichaelMann
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of MichaelMann
Quote:
On Sep 3, 2016, jnork wrote

Guess what, I fire them, and I tell them: "Hey listen, it's not working out between us anymore. No need for you to call me in the future. Best of luck on whoever you find" Done.

Jason

Jason,
Hey listen, it's not working out between us anymore. You're fired! No need for you to keep whining or posting in this thread. That goes for you too Jack.

There is always the possibility of manufacturing delays. It happens. Greg said mid September for delivery and we aren't there yet but you guys have nothing better to do but !@#$% and complain. Is it that time of the month? Is that the problem? I will repeat what RNK said. If you are unhappy, cancel your order!

MM

Smile Smile Smile
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5033 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2016, pegasus wrote:
Calm down baffling bob. Smile

I'm calm and savvy baby! No pun intended on that baby since that's what you are acting like Pegasus! Shame you became a troll!!!

Baffling Bob
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1865 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2016, MichaelMann wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 3, 2016, jnork wrote

Guess what, I fire them, and I tell them: "Hey listen, it's not working out between us anymore. No need for you to call me in the future. Best of luck on whoever you find" Done.

Jason

Jason,
Hey listen, it's not working out between us anymore. You're fired! No need for you to keep whining or posting in this thread. That goes for you too Jack.

There is always the possibility of manufacturing delays. It happens. Greg said mid September for delivery and we aren't there yet but you guys have nothing better to do but !@#$% and complain. Is it that time of the month? Is that the problem? I will repeat what RNK said. If you are unhappy, cancel your order!

MM

Smile Smile Smile

What he said it was all ready to go and was just waiting for the cube stickers to arrive

Now that everyone has banked rolled his product a different story comes out !
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1193 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Darn straight pre-orders bankroll releases. Why do creators have a pre-sale before manufacturing is complete? It's a long time known business tool. It tests the waters. The creator wants the lowest cost per unit on that Chinese purchase order.
Smile

TO GREG! Smile ...For being a successful magician and business man!
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8541 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2016, EZrhythm wrote:
Darn straight pre-orders bankroll releases. Why do creators have a pre-sale before manufacturing is complete? It's a long time known business tool. It tests the waters. The creator wants the lowest cost per unit on that Chinese purchase order.
Smile

TO GREG! Smile ...For being a successful magician and business man!

Took the words out of my mouth.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1372 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Surely people cannot be so naïve that they could not possibly envisage a scenario arising, that the creator could not foresee that results in a small delay? You've genuinely never experienced anything similar, ever in your life? Seems unlikely to me. Especially when you consider; this isn't the manufacturing mite of a company like Apple or Ford; it's a small privately funded operation.

I don't think it really needs to be said, but if I were releasing an effect; I'd very explicitly state that the product is aiming for a September release date but until the manufacture process begins; its hard to determine yields and wastage etc and it could be delayed. I'd also be very clear if the pre order funds, were being used to cover the cost of manufacture. That's pretty much how it works isn't it; when you back something that isn't made already.

I do think those that are getting all irate, need to keep things in perspective a little bit. Especially as you were given a nice discount as a sweetener for the fact it wasn't available immediately. I've just backed a pebble time 2 watch and wont be shocked if it's delayed for a short amount of time relative to the initial pledge; it happens. I think you need to apply a bit of proportionality here and keep in mind the reputation of the creator.
jnork
View Profile
Regular user
Jason Christopher
166 Posts

Profile of jnork
Quote:
Greg said mid September for delivery and we aren't there yet

No, Michael, ACTUALLY Greg said it would be ready for August 1 delivery and that has passed. How soon we forget. LOL.

theoriginalman: I may end up taking you up on that offer. Your offer is pretty appealing to me at this time. Let me think about that.

Jason
Yours in Magic!
Jason
jnork
View Profile
Regular user
Jason Christopher
166 Posts

Profile of jnork
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2016, theoriginalman wrote:
If there is anyone in this thread that is so upset,doubtful or dissatisfied with the delay of their purchase and wish to cancel their order don't. I will gladly take this off of your hands for the exceptional discount price. Now lets see how many "dissatisfied" customers take me up on my offer.

Thank You

Hey original. Thinking about your offer ... Yep I'm in. You can take it off my hands.
I'll send you a PM and we'll see how we have to work this out.
Jason
Yours in Magic!
Jason
jnork
View Profile
Regular user
Jason Christopher
166 Posts

Profile of jnork
PM sent.
Jason
Yours in Magic!
Jason
MichaelMann
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of MichaelMann
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2016, jnork wrote:
Quote:
Greg said mid September for delivery and we aren't there yet

No, Michael, ACTUALLY Greg said it would be ready for August 1 delivery and that has passed. How soon we forget. LOL.

Jason

Actually Jason you seem to have poor reading comprehension. This was Greg's last update posted on the Café:

4) I don't want to provide a hard deadline date for completion, as my goal is to make Rubicon PERFECT. That said, I'm expecting mid-September.

Again, we aren't there yet. Be patient little one.

MM
jnork
View Profile
Regular user
Jason Christopher
166 Posts

Profile of jnork
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2016, Gregory Wilson wrote:
As far as shipping, the only thing missing right now are the customized stickers, which are tracked to be here on July 21st and easily shipped out by August 1st.

Michael ... can you explain? What's up with that? Why? What happened? Let us know ...

Yes Michael, then AFTER that Greg posts a note that there was a problem in the manufacture that caused a delay. I completely agree with you Michael. 100%.

Now Michael, do YOU agree with me that we were told it would be ready by August 1st? That the ONLY thing he was waiting on was customized stickers to be shipped to him?

Was it told to us it would be ready Aug 1st? Yes or no? Waiting Michael ....
Was it sent August 1st? Yes or no? Waiting Michael ...

So Michael ... I'm reading that (In your thoughts) as long as we're UPDATED that August 1st changes to 'Mid September' (45 days late) but we're NOTIFIED? It's ok?
Nope.
Not in my book.
Not without a word or two as to WHY from the creator.

So what if 'Mid-September' Changes to late Sept. but (in your mind) we're notified, we're ok?
Nope.
Not in my book.

BUT if a delay on a 'PERFECT' cube moves completion from late Sept. to late Oct. but it's communicated to us ... we're ok?
Nope.
Not in my book.

I'm out.

Waiting for theoriginalman (or anyone else) to paypal funds and I'll happily send my Rubicon out when it's received.

Again, I LOVE Greg's material BUT I don't need the effect and I'm not going to be performing it for at least a year so it's a no-brainer for me at this point to let it go.

Will it be good? YES
Will Greg ship it? YES
Will it be worth it? YES
Will it be a GREAT effect? YES
Will it have gone into my repertoire ? YES
Is Greg reputable? Hell YES.

But I'm a business man. From a stand-point of business, FOR ME this was not a good move, nor a good thread for Greg.

I'm out.

If I don't hear from theoriginalman in a few days, YES, I'll be asking for a refund.

Jason
Yours in Magic!
Jason
MichaelMann
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of MichaelMann
Wow Jason, calm down little guy. Obviously there was a problem found after Greg posted on July 16th. It happens. How many tricks have YOU manufactured? He then told us that mid September was the new estimate. He wants it to be perfect before it's released. That's good business. I doubt he would refuse to issue a refund to those who don't want to wait.

You really need to find a way to relax buddy. It's just a magic trick pre-order delay. There are worse things happening in this world.

MM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20..25..29..33..37..41..43~44~45 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL