The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30..43~44~45 [Next]
Magicalos
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2016, MR Effecto wrote:
I hope its worth all this hassle?

from what people who have it say, this seems really good....only time will tell I guess
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4650 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2016, funboy247 wrote:
Still nothing. No message (tracking number)

These certainly seem to be trickling out at a slow pace.
I expected to receive mine this week and I still may, but now I'm thinking it could be another week or two.
Mine will probably be one of the last of the pre-orders so I only hope that by then they are not tired and bored with them and begin rushing through them to the extent that the quality suffers. I really don't wish to have to straighten or rearrange any stickers after I receive it.
Kenorama7777
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Kenorama7777
I received mine. I've spoken with Greg. I'll say a few things about it.

1. Yes it took a long time to get it.
2. It is most DEFINITELY worth the wait. The effect is fantastic and the workmanship is flawless.
3. You'll actually use this. I honestly wanted to get on here and tell you it's crap just so more people won't buy it and flood the market. I'll be using this in my shows for YEARS.

Lastly, Greg told me he posting new videos in the next few days to more clearly explain the set up of the cube and the solving.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4415 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2016, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2016, korttihai_82 wrote:

But it just shows there is soo many people in magic today, asking totally wrong questions that should take stamp collecting instead... Smile

I fully agree with your post korttihai_82.

I am an ardent philatelist and that's probably one reason for me being so insane. Smile

I humbly request all to please ignore my post pertaining to the color of the cube. Sorry & let's move on (I got my thrashing Smile ). Thank you all.

Best regards,

Smile

Ustaa
Can I ask, did you have to look up the posh word for stamp collecting or did you know it? I've always been partial to campanology and cunning liguistics myself. Smile
Mike ODonnell
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
210 Posts

Profile of Mike ODonnell
Is it me, or did Greg not even go over the starting orientation?
Kenorama7777
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Kenorama7777
He's uploading new videos in the next few days that will more clearly explain it all.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3729 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Mike, I messaged/emailed him about all that missing stuff last week. He'll have more footage posted there soon.

Steve
Mike ODonnell
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
210 Posts

Profile of Mike ODonnell
Thanks for the replies. I can solve the cube pretty fast and I am just anxious to put this in my repertoire. One would think that this would be on the first tutorial. The quality of the items are great. This will be a real worker for close-up, stage, and strolling.

Best,

Mike
dr.nick
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of dr.nick
Thought some of you would like to know...I was order #590 placed July 31st. I received notification of it being mailed on 10/24 from Costa Mesa, California and I received it today in Elizabethtown, Kentucky (45 miles south of Louisville). A quick initial observation is this is an incredibly well put together piece of magic. Imagining what it took to put this together I can only imagine Greg might be missing a few hairs and we are all going to benefit from his efforts. Please remember to be kind.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1063 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Yes, just as it can be figured... Priority mail is two to three days shipping time in the continental US. Upon receiving your box you will then know when it was actually shipped.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4650 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2016, dr.nick wrote:
Thought some of you would like to know...I was order #590 placed July 31st. I received notification of it being mailed on 10/24 from Costa Mesa, California and I received it today in Elizabethtown, Kentucky (45 miles south of Louisville). A quick initial observation is this is an incredibly well put together piece of magic. Imagining what it took to put this together I can only imagine Greg might be missing a few hairs and we are all going to benefit from his efforts. Please remember to be kind.

I'm #599, also ordered July 31st.
No email yet of mine being mailed. I live about an hour from Costa Mesa. So yours was mailed at least 4 days ahead of mine, and who knows it could end up arriving 4 weeks ahead of mine. That's the thing, no one really knows.

The first one who posted on here that they had received theirs in the mail was one week ago today.
It could very well turn out that some purchasers will have had theirs for weeks before someone else who ordered at the same time receives theirs.
I'm not impatient and don't mind waiting, but the order in which these are being sent out just makes no sense to me.
mistervader
View Profile
New user
Manila
19 Posts

Profile of mistervader
So I finally figured out how to set up the cube for the one-handed solve.

The problem? I'm left-handed. Sob.

EDIT: Just wanted to say that the main reason I got mine early is I paid an additional amount for express shipping, because regular shipping to the Philippines would be really stressful, given our customs.
- Kel Fabie
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2016, dave_matkin wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

But it just shows there is soo many people in magic today, asking totally wrong questions that should take stamp collecting instead... Smile

I am an ardent philatelist and that's probably one reason for me being so insane. Smile

I humbly request all to please ignore my post pertaining to the color of the cube. Sorry & let's move on (I got my thrashing Smile ). Thank you all.

Best regards,

Smile

Ustaad
Can I ask, did you have to look up the posh word for stamp collecting or did you know it? I've always been partial to campanology and cunning liguistics myself.
Smile

Hi Dave,

As I already mentioned, I am an ardent (childhood) stamp and coin collector and hence I certainly do understand these words and their meanings. Smile Over the years, I have written a number of research papers in various Philatelic and Numismatic publications. I am also a longstanding member of a number of Philatelic and Numismatic Societies and Forums and that includes the American Philatelic Society.

Hope that clarifies. Smile

Best regards,

Ustaad

Smile
P.S. Back on topic please. Thank you. Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1018 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Well, there doesn't seem to be any order at all to them being shipped out. Number 590 was shipped and received???? My order number is less than 450, and I've not received any notice of shipping yet, and I live in California, so it should be very fast. I've been patient, as have many others, but this whole shipping thing appears to be a disaster,with no rhyme or reason as to when orders get shipped, despite all of us being told that they would get shipped according to the order number. This just compounds the general lack of trustworthiness that has surrounded this release since the inception. The dates were slipped many times because of manufacturing difficutlies out of the creators' hands. But once they were in his hands, we saw a photo of a stack of boxes ready for shipment. That was almost a month ago, with a promise that they would be sent out that week. And that they would be shipping in the order that they had been ordered. Neither of those things are happening. Will mine ever ship? Based on the above, I have very little confidence now.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4847 Posts

Profile of RNK
I understand the disappointed opinions of some here. I am to disappointed. And I still believe we all have the choice to cancel and get a refund. I will not because I feel that this is going to be really good. I will have the patience and wait. Does it suck. Yes, absolutely. But will it be worth it? Judging from the statements of those who have received theirs, yes it really does look like it's going to be well worth it.

RNK
Magicalos
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
I'm sure Greg is working hard on getting a lot of them (if not all) shipped out. I know many people have said just be patient and give it time, well now more than ever heed that advice our orders will be here soon.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4415 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2016, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2016, dave_matkin wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Best regards,

Smile

Ustaad
Can I ask, did you have to look up the posh word for stamp collecting or did you know it? I've always been partial to campanology and cunning liguistics myself.
Smile

Hi Dave,

As I already mentioned, I am an ardent (childhood) stamp and coin collector and hence I certainly do understand these words and their meanings. Smile Over the years, I have written a number of research papers in various Philatelic and Numismatic publications. I am also a longstanding member of a number of Philatelic and Numismatic Societies and Forums and that includes the American Philatelic Society.

Hope that clarifies. Smile

Best regards,

Ustaad

Smile
P.S. Back on topic please. Thank you. Smile

Great now I need t go look up words!

But back to topic .... Very excited but I'm way down the list.....
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3729 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Hahaha...cunning linguist. How many others caught that?

Steve
Magicalos
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
There is no rhyme or reason to order# and them being shipped....apparently when you order something an internal (different) order number is also created (im guessing that's what they are using for shipping them out).
Magicalos
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Woooo tracking! should arrive tomorrow!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30..43~44~45 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL