The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..28~29~30~31~32..43~44~45 [Next]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2016, Mike Webb wrote:
My order is in the 300s. Still waiting and no communication. Smile

You must be in California or Texas. LOL
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
I missed the presale. So I am wondering if I buy a new one now at full price how long will I have to wait?...

Will the dealers eventually be carrying these? I'd rather buy from Penguin, as they will show me a video of it being packed the same day that I buy it. Smile
On The Offbeat
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of On The Offbeat
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2016, Acecardician wrote:
I missed the presale. So I am wondering if I buy a new one now at full price how long will I have to wait?...

Will the dealers eventually be carrying these? I'd rather buy from Penguin, as they will show me a video of it being packed the same day that I buy it. Smile

That's actually a good question about new orders. I would not be at all surprised if new orders at full price were shipped immediately ahead of any outstanding pre-orders.

Can't say about other dealers carrying it, only Greg would know and I have a hunch even he doesn't know right now. My guess would be that he would just like to get this onslaught over with and then have his life back for a while.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2016, BMWGuy wrote:

Hey guys,

Just got mine in. I bought mine from a Café member that was selling an extra one that he had.

I bought it on Tuesday, shipped on Wednesday and got it 1 hour ago.

Alex

Quote:
On Oct 29, 2016, sgtgrey wrote:

Rub it in, Alex! Smile

Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
magimark
View Profile
New user
N.J., Las Vegas, now Arizona
14 Posts

Profile of magimark
Received mine and very pleased with it. Worth the wait.
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
388 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
I would highly doubt that Greg would ship any new orders ahead of existing pre-orders. I would hope he has more character than that. That said, I think the way this whole thing has been handled is a royal cluster. Greg needs to come out of hiding and tell people what is going on. Obviously all of the pre-orders have not been shipped as we were told and I think we deserve an explanation. Sorry for complaining but my patience is wearing thin.
Regards,
Silverthorne
mk
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of mk
I placed an order on October 20th and I received it today, the 29th.
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
388 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
Isn't that a kick in the pants. Most of us have been waiting since July.
Regards,
Silverthorne
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Seems like maybe they are shipping pre-orders whenever they get a break in between shipping full price orders.
I guess they consider it the price you pay for saving money.
Reminds me of the old saying in business "you can get it good, fast, or cheap, pick any two".
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
388 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
It takes a lot to tic me off but Greg, you've made the list.

Quote:
On Oct 15, 2016, Gregory Wilson wrote:
Gentleman of Great Patience,

FINALLY, I'm starting to ship out Rubicon orders according to the purchase date of each customer. So the guys who ordered in 1984 are at the front of the line. : )

Some got sent yesterday, some will go out today and the remaining on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday as they get assembled and packaged accordingly.

Now that the manufacturing dust is settling, I can tell you that this was one harrowing experience since there were so many moving parts and I was beholden to the output promises of each supplier who either misspoke, miscalculated or flat out misinformed me of their respective delivery dates. Granted, the pre-purchasers got a healthy discount, but the process was so UN-FUN for many of us that I'll likely never use this marketing strategy again. In the future, I have a revolutionary idea -- I'll share a new idea when it's ready! : )

That said, I hope you find Rubicon worth the wait and get as much performance pleasure from it as I have over the last 10 or so years. I should also remind you that this little miracle can be done close-up, stand-up and surrounded. I perform it regularly at The Magic Castle (Close-Up, Parlour and Palace), on three TV specials (America, Korea and Finland) and the main stage at Blackpool with 3,500 magicians watching on the big screen. So I feel quite confident of its impact as a formal performance piece with a strong beginning, middle and end. It also doesn't hurt that Rubik's Cubes have never been more popular, especially with the help of Steven Brundage, who performed Rubicon on America's Got Talent.

Please message me personally on Facebook or email to keep me apprised of your progress and experiences. Even share it here on The Café so I can appreciate and address the feedback -- positive or negative.

Wrapping up, I have to thank each and every one of you pre-purchasers for your faith, patience and understanding!
Regards,
Silverthorne
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Mine arrived today... I'm sure it will be worth the wait!
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I got mine today and think it's great. I'm excited to learn the routine or even create my own. But I gotta admit, I'm pretty amazed that the part of the trick that is the hardest to learn is the part that they didn't include any real instructions on. That's getting the cube into the starting position and solving it. While it's conceptually straight forward, without clear instructions on orientation after each move it's pretty difficult to learn watching Greg go quickly through the moves like he already taught it to you. I realize that Greg is now filming that portion and promising to upload it 'real soon now'. It just boggles the mind that it got left out. Luckily I've learned how to solve the cube over the last few weeks waiting for this to arrive as trying to figure out exactly how to do the setup and solve I've hopelessly mixed up the cube several times and had to solve it the normal way.

btw Greg, if you read this, I really, really hope that you include an over the shoulder view of both the setup and the one handed solve in fairly slow motion.
magimark
View Profile
New user
N.J., Las Vegas, now Arizona
14 Posts

Profile of magimark
I spoke to Gregory this evening and he said the updated videos would be up in a day or two. I am not going to touch the cubes till then since I can't solve it. I have to say that the craftsmanship and the gimmick is unbelievable. He did the effect to me at the Magic Castle this summer so I have been at both ends. Being completely fooled and now knowing how to do it. I know a lot of people here are upset but I believe when you receive it, you will be quite pleased, it is that good. Kudos to Gregory Wilson for a really great effect.
Mark Bartman (Gregory, if you see this, thanks for the fun conversation we had about my name)
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2016, videoman wrote:

Reminds me of the old saying in business "you can get it good, fast, or cheap, pick any two".

CLASSIC! With this release, I too was reminded of, "Price / Quality / Service - Pick two". Although in this case it appears the people only get one.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
James Diamond
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of James Diamond
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2016, Magicalos wrote:
if you login to the site and look at your account it will tell you what your order number is...could you check for us?

Mine was pre-ordered at the Magic Live convention in Vegas. (so some day between August 13-16)

USPS tracking says it left on Tuesday the 25th October, but as some of the others have said, I think once it leaves the USA it looses its tracking ability, so I probably won't have any updates until I see the package (or the attempted delivery card) at my door.

A quick google says it's 8-14 days for USPS to Australia, and seeing as I'm on the West Coast (opposite side of the country to Sydney) it's probably going to be closer to the 14 day mark.

As some others have said, I'm in a little bit less of a rush now that I know the video tutorial has skimmed over some parts and needs a bit of extra work.
Instagram.com/JamesDiamondMagic
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
In Texas, the slow state.......waiting. Solving and waiting.....waiting and solving.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Looking at the pictures in Greg's warehouse, I'm pretty sure that there's a LOT of construction involved to prepare each package which is why it's taken longer than stated to get everything shipped out. I would bet that you've got at least 5-10 minutes to prepare each package for shipping. So, maybe 6 an hour. That's a lot of tedious work. I hope Greg hired some Gremlins to help him out.

Despite my previous post, I'm not really upset about anything, just a little surprised. But the product is so cool that I don't mind the problems too much. A little more communication would have been nice though.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Rockwell. I would rather wait then get something rushed and a chip off a cube or messed up sticker etc.... If Greg waits until December, perhaps he can borrow some Elves. Smile
On The Offbeat
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of On The Offbeat
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2016, rockwall wrote:
Looking at the pictures in Greg's warehouse, I'm pretty sure that there's a LOT of construction involved to prepare each package which is why it's taken longer than stated to get everything shipped out. I would bet that you've got at least 5-10 minutes to prepare each package for shipping. So, maybe 6 an hour. That's a lot of tedious work. I hope Greg hired some Gremlins to help him out.

Despite my previous post, I'm not really upset about anything, just a little surprised. But the product is so cool that I don't mind the problems too much. A little more communication would have been nice though.

First of all, I certainly have no problem waiting a little longer to receive my Rubicon.

But with that being said the reason for the delays in shipping that you stated don't really make any sense because you're presuming that Greg had no idea how much work was involved in getting these out the door at the time that he announced to everyone when they would start shipping. But obviously he must have, and if he truly didn't then he SHOULD have known. Because if you are correct then you are essentially implying that he just pulled a number out of the air to appease people.
I understand that things can often take longer than you think but that shouldn't be a factor in this case. You simply time how long it takes to finish a couple and then multiply that by the number of orders and then be realistic about how long it will take to finish them all.

The part that gets frustrating for me is not the waiting, it's being told that all pre-orders will have been shipped by Oct. 19 and then it taking a lot longer than that. How much longer is still unknown as I am still waiting for a shipping notice. Will it be next week, or the week after, I don't know but I shouldn't have to wonder I should know already. If he had said they would begin trickling out in 7 days but it could be 3 to 4 weeks before you receive yours then I would have no problem with that.

But of course I understand how human nature and business works. He was worried that people might start asking for refunds if they heard the truth and it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission and all of that. So while I'm not upset with Greg it does irk me and it better be a heck of a nice prop because it will require some forgiveness.
Nico Haupt
View Profile
New user
Leipzig/Germany
12 Posts

Profile of Nico Haupt
It will be a funny moment, when all cubes where finally delivered and all the post about frustration and negative feelings will be as useless as a scarf in the desert.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..28~29~30~31~32..43~44~45 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL