The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..29~30~31~32~33..43~44~45 [Next]
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2016, On The Offbeat wrote:
... So while I'm not upset with Greg it does irk me and it better be a heck of a nice prop because it will require some forgiveness.

It IS a heck of a nice prop.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
I may knock the service aspect of communication and shipping here but I do have to give Greg praise for putting out spectacular products. I can't say I have heard of a complaint about any of his past releases. I certainly don't have any.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Last email I sent regarding this was not acknowledged.

The skies are getting a bit darker for me... since I know it's going to be an amazing product.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
Jack Carpenter
View Profile
V.I.P.
160 Posts

Profile of Jack Carpenter
Still at it. Here's my "Shake Solve," (No gimmicks.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wN9bPbZFzw
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Wow, Jack. That looks incredible!! I know a lot of guys are going to be pleased with this when they get their hands on it.

As an update to my above post - Brad at Secret Source has responded and dealt with my case immediately and it is greatly appreciated. I imagine they're being inundated with emails about now...
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Jack in the... I mean, Jack and his box... MOST EXCELLENT!
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Jimso
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Jimso
Got mine today. It came as a surprise because I still have not received a notice of shipment or tracking number. (For the record, ordered July 16.)

As others have noted, a key part of the on-line instruction is still missing, but I am sure that will come soon and there is plenty to work on in the meantime. Despite the wait and all of the uncertainty, I am very pleased with the product. When you have it in your hands, you will appreciate how much effort went into developing and producing it.
Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
I emailed this weekend and Greg emailed me back within a day - he was very understanding of the frustration and also very kind -- he did tell me that order numbers aren't directly linked to order date, so seeing orders in the 500's arriving before my 300 doesn't mean much -- also, it arrived today! Can't wait to get home and dig into it!!!
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2016, Jack Carpenter wrote:

That is very sweet. I'm pretty sure that's not taught by Greg. Is that your own?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Okay, just received Rubicon finally. Funny, because I decided to email Secret Source this morning and very nicely asked if I could get some kind of ETA. Still haven't heard back from them and doubt I will as it is now a moot point as I'm sure they're aware.
Still haven't received a shipping notice for Rubicon, which is also a little strange because I just had a hunch I would never get one, or if I did it would be after the fact.
But the product itself showed up in my mailbox. Whoo Hoo!!!

Am I impressed?
Well I guess yes and no. I am certainly EXTREMELY satisfied. I can't honestly say impressed because it's exactly what I thought it would be and fortunately it is made as well as I was hoping it would be. But truthfully, for a retail of 350 smackers it had better be made very nicely. So it didn't exceed my expectations, but mine were very high to begin with and the fact that it met them is high praise indeed. It is nice that they give you some little extras in the package.

Today turned out to more like Christmas for me than Halloween, or maybe it is like Halloween in that I got both tricks and treats.
I say that because in the same delivery there was another package containing a couple effects that cost nearly as much as Rubicon that I had ordered from overseas back in mid-September and had also been anxiously awaiting. So when it rains, it pours. Hit the jackpot!

As happy as I am to have received my Rubicon I am really hoping that Decomposed receives his very soon if he hasn't already. I've been following his saga through this thread and I really feel for him, and how he has hoped to perform it in some big December shows.
wjkrysak
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
152 Posts

Profile of wjkrysak
Received mine today (pre-order July 21). Very pleased with quality and thought put into this magic. Looking forward to practice and performance. Good things come to those who (patiently) wait. On that note, while waiting, I did learn how to solve a cube (cube 3) and feel more confident with handling of "final solve".
Create memories to enjoy the magic of life.
Tread lightly. Give. cheaha bill
jlevit
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of jlevit
I used to buy a lot of magic, like we all did. Then I stopped (for a lot of years). Then, a few years ago, I started to buy tricks again. It was fun. I felt like a kid. Pretty much all (or most) of those tricks are sitting in a closet in my home. They get looked at and then get put away. THIS trick...it's not going to find a closet. It's fantastic! It's so well thought out. So clever and refined. Not only am I impressed with the thinking and craftsmanship, I'm excited to get it into my act as soon as possible! I was disappointed when I received notice that the product was delayed. But, I also recognized that I would rather get a product that was perfect. When I put out "C4", I held out until every detail was just right - from the gimmick to the packaging. When I opened Rubicon, it was clear that every detail had been thought through.

I watched the videos, and they are very thorough. I did have a question about an initial setup for the cube. I reached out to Gregory today and he quickly got on a Skype call with me and walked me through it! Turns out he is putting out a new video in the next day or two to address my question. Great customer service!
Jack Carpenter
View Profile
V.I.P.
160 Posts

Profile of Jack Carpenter
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2016, rockwall wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2016, Jack Carpenter wrote:

That is very sweet. I'm pretty sure that's not taught by Greg. Is that your own?

Yes, it is mine. It is a method using an ordinary cube, no gimmicks. I developed it after studying the work of Brundage and Hein - both great thinkers. This particular method is most similar to Steven Brundage's work- I'm simply coming at it with a different "philosophy."
Mike Webb
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Mike Webb
Mine arrived unexpectedly today. I couldn't figure out what I had ordered. A pleasant surprise!
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
981 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Great news about the new footage being added soon! My cube got solved. I have two solved cubes... lol
cant do much until the new footage is uploaded
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
Mike Webb
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Mike Webb
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2016, Justin Lewis wrote:
Great news about the new footage being added soon! My cube got solved. I have two solved cubes... lol
cant do much until the new footage is uploaded

*Fourteen* videos and none of them explain how to set up the cube to be solved. Doh! Smile
VoltesGX31
View Profile
New user
New York
4 Posts

Profile of VoltesGX31
Hi. I ordered Rubicon on Aug.11 and received it on Oct. 26. I didn't look for it in my mailbox everyday, so it was a pleasant surprise when it did arrive.

I like the Rubicon routine for its one-two punch - a pattern match followed by a one-handed solve. Both phases are quite clever and relatively easy to do.

Rubicon can be combined with Cube 3 (by Steven Brundage) for a even longer routine. The combination isn't necessary, but knowing both helps me further appreciate what both Gregory and Steven did with their respective routines.
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
I finally received my Rubicon package today. I placed my order on July 27th and I was order #518. I never received any sort of shipping notification or saw any status update regarding my order on the website, which is why I was surprised to see it sitting outside of my doorstep as I left the house today. I haven't had a chance to open the package to review the contents yet, but I thought I'd take the opportunity to let others know that your package may be on the way but may not necessarily receive any notification that your package has been shipped.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote: but I thought I'd take the opportunity to let others know that your package may be on the way but may not necessarily receive any notification that your package has been shipped.

I think buyers have cottoned on to that fact now. Smile Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2016, videoman wrote:
Okay, just received Rubicon finally. Funny, because I decided to email Secret Source this morning and very nicely asked if I could get some kind of ETA. Still haven't heard back from them and doubt I will as it is now a moot point as I'm sure they're aware.
Still haven't received a shipping notice for Rubicon, which is also a little strange because I just had a hunch I would never get one, or if I did it would be after the fact.
But the product itself showed up in my mailbox. Whoo Hoo!!!

Am I impressed?
Well I guess yes and no. I am certainly EXTREMELY satisfied. I can't honestly say impressed because it's exactly what I thought it would be and fortunately it is made as well as I was hoping it would be. But truthfully, for a retail of 350 smackers it had better be made very nicely. So it didn't exceed my expectations, but mine were very high to begin with and the fact that it met them is high praise indeed. It is nice that they give you some little extras in the package.

Today turned out to more like Christmas for me than Halloween, or maybe it is like Halloween in that I got both tricks and treats.
I say that because in the same delivery there was another package containing a couple effects that cost nearly as much as Rubicon that I had ordered from overseas back in mid-September and had also been anxiously awaiting. So when it rains, it pours. Hit the jackpot!

As happy as I am to have received my Rubicon I am really hoping that Decomposed receives his very soon if he hasn't already. I've been following his saga through this thread and I really feel for him, and how he has hoped to perform it in some big December shows.

Thanks for the kind words. Nothing yet but hopefully this week. I am not too bumbed about it VIdeoman cause I did learn to solve the cube over the last few months and try to do a few solves a week to stay sharp. This may just be the week mine arrives and may have it along the time the new videos are released also. I have all month to rehearse to get it down pat before holiday shows. Greg is a class act and I know its been a long time for most but not one soul has complained of quality issues and that would be my primary concern, so thumbs up. We have our entire careers to enjoy this gem! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..29~30~31~32~33..43~44~45 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL