The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..31~32~33~34~35..43~44~45 [Next]
On The Offbeat
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of On The Offbeat
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2016, BMWGuy wrote:
Because the guy I bought it from says that I have his registration card so they need to reset it

but they never answer emails

Don't know anything about resetting registrations. I think that perhaps there has been a misunderstanding.
Just get the website and password and you should be all set.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2245 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Can someone PM me and help me out?

I can provide proof of purchase if need be. I bought it from Ray Lum from Las Vegas.

I have the paypal receipt and exchanges.

just wanted to get started on watching the links

Thanks a lot

Alex Alejanro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
965 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2016, BMWGuy wrote:
Can someone PM me and help me out?

I can provide proof of purchase if need be. I bought it from Ray Lum from Las Vegas.

I have the paypal receipt and exchanges.

just wanted to get started on watching the links

Thanks a lot

Alex Alejanro

The only way you will be able to watch it is if an owner gives you there email and password. Each Rubcion has its individual "code"
Password. Try seeing if you can get password reset
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
theoriginalman
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of theoriginalman
Sorry to hear about your problem BMWGuy, I too purchased Rubicon from a member but with totally different results. I purchased mine from Café member Jnork and he was kind enough to sell his Rubicon to me for the pre-sale price.He kept me informed and updated. I didn't know Jnork from anyone but I do now and I know him to be what all Café members should be trustworthy and helpful. Thanks Jnork. BMWGuy if Ray doesn't come thru with the website and password send me a PM and I'll help you out.

Victor
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
387 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
Received mine today. Ordered July 27th and order #513.
Regards,
Silverthorne
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4591 Posts

Profile of videoman
After all my griping I thought it only fair to add that this really is a great routine, and surprisingly easy to do.
I love it because it is so different from anything else I do.

Admittedly, the delays could be excruciating at times but this is the best magic item I have purchased in a long, long time. Possibly the best ever. Seriously.
So I have no regrets in buying it. Even though I got the discounted price I would gladly pay full price for it without question.

Usually when anyone says that they wish they could keep it all to themselves it sounds very cliche, but this is one of the rare times I really do feel that way.
I can't imagine anyone not actually using this and I love Greg's suggestion of giving the cube away as a souvenir at paid gigs.

Barring any unforeseen circumstances (and I would be ecstatic if something else came along before the end of the year that I loved just as much or more) Rubicon definitely has my vote for trick of the year!
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1063 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2016, videoman wrote:
Even though I got the discounted price I would gladly pay full price for it without question.

AWESOME... Then you will pitch in the other $100 and go in on one with me! Smile
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Magicalos
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
UPDATE: the new explanation/performance videos have been added to the site
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8211 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2016, Stevethomas wrote:
Updated videos have been added!

Steve

(Rolls Eyes) Smile
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Why is that a bad thing?
jnork
View Profile
Regular user
Jason Christopher
166 Posts

Profile of jnork
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2016, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2016, JackMagic wrote:
For the amount that people have spent on this , the customer service is sadly lacking

Don't care! It's so good and I am glad I waited. It is and was worth the wait!! Simply fantastic!

RNK

BTW Jackmagic, did you even buy this? If not, are you just posting the same crap (customer service sucks, blah blah blah) in here to get your post count up? Sad.

Well All,

I just wanted to let you know that I ordered mine I think the day before the pre-sale because as I noted before I don't like pre-orders. I went back and forth until finally pulling the trigger the day before the special price ended. I received Rubicon yesterday.

Note I said Rubicon, not 'MY' Rubicon. You see, months ago I sold this to another Café member because of the poor service, missed deadlines and communication frustrated me so much. So today, off it went to that Café member with COMMUNICATION every step of the way and a TRACKING NUMBER given to that member before this post. I have no doubt it's an awesome prop and well made. I didn't open the Rubicon packaging at all. I knew it was going to be good from day one. After all, it's a Greg Wilson trick. This post isn't about the quality of the prop at all. It's about the service and business aspect of this release.

RNK, sorry, I feel Jackmagic is 100% right. I DID purchase this and completely agree that for the amount that was spent on the this not only was the communication and customer service lacking ... it was DOWNRIGHT PATHETIC. Period. That's why I sold it. RNK, I'm happy you like it and feel it was worth the wait.

On top of that, I see other posts that when this product shipped and it STILL wasn't complete. The video wasn't fully ready and didn't tell people how to do the initial set up? Yes, only finishing up the video recently. Another post notes that another customer just ordered it (at full price) and he got his already? WOW.

As I continue to note, Greg is a great performer and puts out awesome products. I have (and USE) a ton of them. I had no doubt this would be a good PRODUCT I just didn't know how bad this would have been handled. This whole experience has been a joke, IMO. And since this is America I'm entitled to my opinion.

Jason

P.S. I'm still waiting on a "Revolution" that I ordered from Greg over a year ago that I asked him to put in the box along with Rubicon. No surprise, it wasn't in there LOL. But that completely fine, because: Greg Wilson.
Yours in Magic!
Jason
nspikito
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of nspikito
The new streaming video is absolutely essential for getting this to work. I am delighted to have it. The effect is awesome!
If I have one gripe, it's that sooner or later everyone is going to mess up the critical cube, and Greg's solution for that is about as inelegant as possible. So be insanely careful when practicing.

Spike
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4797 Posts

Profile of RNK
Yes Jason, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion! And you are more so entitled since you actually purchased it unlike Jackmagic and Pegmo who likes to post rubbish posts when they don't own the product.

Shame it frustrated you to the point that you had to sell it. You really are going to be missing a reputation maker in your set and one of those effects that everyone will remember.

RNK
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8211 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2016, MazingMandy wrote:
Why is that a bad thing?

Only because if magicalos had read through the last page of the thread he would have realised that Steve had already divulged the same info. Just lazy.
nspikito
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of nspikito
Well, as predicted by Greg, I am "screwed" after mixing up both cubes. I just got a bit careless. Anyway I am now clueless what to do to fix it. I don't know how to create a solved cube with Greg's spoon, because I don't know how the 6 colors are distributed around a solved cube.
Any ideas?

Spike
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
965 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2016, nspikito wrote:
Well, as predicted by Greg, I am "screwed" after mixing up both cubes. I just got a bit careless. Anyway I am now clueless what to do to fix it. I don't know how to create a solved cube with Greg's spoon, because I don't know how the 6 colors are distributed around a solved cube.
Any ideas?

Spike

Hi. Before rubcion I never touched a cube at all. I don't know how to solve. Maybe someday lol
Messing the cube up is part of the learning process with the 7 moves to solve. Before the updated clip I messed my cube up and also having a family member who knows how to solve actually solve the cube that is set up as the #####

If I'm not mistaken Graig spoon trick involves taking the cub apart.
Just line of green with green. Put the middle row together first then build up from there.

It's not that hard taking the cube apart. Literally Take very cube off its axis minus the 4 that are fixed.
Then reassemble it. First time it took me about 30 min. I've had to do this 5 times now lol
I can put it together under 5 min now
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4591 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
Any ideas?

Spike

The colors once solved can only be in one final order, unless you were to remove the stickers and replace them in Different spots.
Usually the middle colors will remain intact but even if those were off then once you start forming the cube it will reveal what the middles should be.

Immediately get at least one or more practice cubes to learn the moves with. I'd get a few if I were you. Nice to have on hand and if you mess one up you just pick up another one.

Then you won't be...what's the word? Oh yeah, screwed. Smile
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
965 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2016, videoman wrote:
Quote:
Any ideas?

Spike

The colors once solved can only be in one final order, unless you were to remove the stickers and replace them in Different spots.
Usually the middle colors will remain intact but even if those were off then once you start forming the cube it will reveal what the middles should be.

Immediately get at least one or more practice cubes to learn the moves with. I'd get a few if I were you. Nice to have on hand and if you mess one up you just pick up another one.

Then you won't be...what;s the word? Oh yeh, screwed. Smile

Or as the instructions explain. Take the cube apart.
My only concern might be how much can the cube take being disassembled.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2401 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
It's been so long. I can more or less do the Brundage material. What is the advantage of this product. It sounds like it can still be screwed up like a regular cube ? If you can't explain without exposure I understand.
I think all of this cube stuff came out because Steve basically released his entire cube act for 35 dollars and a lot of working pros wanted to cash in while the iron was hot
Jimso
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Jimso
To nspikito and anyone else who has messed up and is afraid to proceed: You do not have to worry about disassembling the cube. The first time you do it, you will fear breaking it, but it actually comes apart and goes back together quite easily. You do not need a spoon; that is just a way to apply a prying pressure. However, you should not pry on the corner, as Greg seems to suggest. You turn one layer 45 degrees or 1/8 of a rotation and pry up on one of the EDGE cubes. It should pop out without much pressure. You can find video instructions on the internet quite easily, and I recommend that you view a couple to feel confident about what you are doing. Just search for 'disassemble Rubik cube' or something similar.

On a normal cube, you do not have to worry about where the pieces go because the sides are permanently marked by the center squares (they turn, but never move from their relative positions). On this custom cube with special properties, the center squares can come off, so you might have to use a standard square for reference. You should pick up a regular cube to use for practice anyway, because you do not want to wear out your expensive one while learning. Amazon has many types, or if you want one immediately, you can find the cheap ones at Walmart, Target, Barnes and Noble, etc.

For those who have not bought it, don't! You will hate it! It is overpriced, hard to do, flimsy, not at all deceptive. Gregory Wilson is a rank amateur who has no idea how to perform. Just go away and forget about Rubicon and this topic. Nothing to see here. (Those who have it will understand.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..31~32~33~34~35..43~44~45 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL