The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..32~33~34~35~36..43~44~45 [Next]
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
981 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2016, Xcath1 wrote:
It's been so long. I can more or less do the Brundage material. What is the advantage of this product. It sounds like it can still be screwed up like a regular cube ? If you can't explain without exposure I understand.
I think all of this cube stuff came out because Steve basically released his entire cube act for 35 dollars and a lot of working pros wanted to cash in while the iron was hot

Steve brundrage used Rubicon for his finale on AGT.
People connect to the cube. Specially those they grew up in the 80s
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Regarding Rubikcontinuation/Rubikconfiguration videos.

Dear Mr. Greg Wilson, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!! This was truly the missing piece, along with the 6 / 4 explanation video. I cannot even begin to express my gratitude.
And boring as it might have been for you, it was far from it and desperately needed by me.
The brick wall has been removed, and I may now proceed to practice, practice and practice more because I really love this trick.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2016, jnork wrote:

Well All,

I just wanted to let you know that I ordered mine I think the day before the pre-sale because as I noted before I don't like pre-orders. I went back and forth until finally pulling the trigger the day before the special price ended. I received Rubicon yesterday.

Note I said Rubicon, not 'MY' Rubicon. You see, months ago I sold this to another Café member because of the poor service, missed deadlines and communication frustrated me so much. So today, off it went to that Café member with COMMUNICATION every step of the way and a TRACKING NUMBER given to that member before this post. I have no doubt it's an awesome prop and well made. I didn't open the Rubicon packaging at all. I knew it was going to be good from day one. After all, it's a Greg Wilson trick. This post isn't about the quality of the prop at all. It's about the service and business aspect of this release.

RNK, sorry, I feel Jackmagic is 100% right. I DID purchase this and completely agree that for the amount that was spent on the this not only was the communication and customer service lacking ... it was DOWNRIGHT PATHETIC. Period. That's why I sold it. RNK, I'm happy you like it and feel it was worth the wait.

On top of that, I see other posts that when this product shipped and it STILL wasn't complete. The video wasn't fully ready and didn't tell people how to do the initial set up? Yes, only finishing up the video recently. Another post notes that another customer just ordered it (at full price) and he got his already? WOW.

As I continue to note, Greg is a great performer and puts out awesome products. I have (and USE) a ton of them. I had no doubt this would be a good PRODUCT I just didn't know how bad this would have been handled. This whole experience has been a joke, IMO. And since this is America I'm entitled to my opinion.

Jason

P.S. I'm still waiting on a "Revolution" that I ordered from Greg over a year ago that I asked him to put in the box along with Rubicon. No surprise, it wasn't in there LOL. But that completely fine, because: Greg Wilson.

Jason, I hear ya man. Communication was abysmal. But I have found that that is the case with many performers who decide to get involved in selling their routines. Most would rather not have to do it but I think it's somewhat of a necessary evil for them. But since it's not their primary passion (and I think some have kind of a love/hate relationship with it) the selling side of their business often gets neglected. Not saying that is a valid excuse but it's just how it is IMO.

Some folks have more patience and are more willing to turn a blind eye to it but it can definitely be extremely frustrating no doubt. If I were operating their enterprise it's certainly not what I would do because I just can't stand leaving people hanging. I run a service business so I'm not just speaking hypothetically but from experience.

I don't like it but in some cases I'm willing to play the game because sometimes you simply have no other choice other than to speak with your wallet. But in this case I was in no hurry and knew I would really love the prop and routine so I was willing to deal with it. It all went down pretty much exactly how I imagined it would. It helps to not take any of their "promises" seriously because you know things are not going to go exactly how they are thinking it will simply because it almost never does.

But I can certainly understand and relate to anyone who decides differently. So I totally understand how you feel and think you are right to feel that way. I feel the same way I just chose to handle it differently and hang in there in this case but I have taken the route you took on a few occasions. But granted, it's much easier for me now because now I have adopted the attitude to hope for the best but expect the worst and that helps ease the frustration with the poor customer service. I hate to reward that behavior but sometimes I act selfishly because I knew I would love everything about Rubicon and I absolutely do. So even though it pains me to admit it, I would do it all over again for sure.

Also, kudos to you for treating the buyer of your Rubicon to such great customer service. I wish everyone cared as much about it as you do.
solidoak
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of solidoak
For anyone who messes up the cube, you don't need to take it apart to re-set it.

Just go to https://ruwix.com/online-rubiks-cube-solver-program/ and it will lead you through easy solving instructions.
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
388 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
Thanks aolidoak, that was just what I needed.
Regards,
Silverthorne
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Okay, mine arrived yesterday and I have been nonstop working it. Well worth the wait. Glad I can solve because I have messed it up many many times doing the one hand solve. lol
Be back to add more as I get along with it. Good things take time. I am just glad Greg released this...well sort of...would hate to hear at a show someone say they saw the very same act from someone close by. Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2016, Decomposed wrote:
Okay, mine arrived yesterday and I have been nonstop working it. Well worth the wait. Glad I can solve because I have messed it up many many times doing the one hand solve. lol
Be back to add more as I get along with it. Good things take time. I am just glad Greg released this...well sort of...would hate to hear at a show someone say they saw the very same act from someone close by. Smile

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
funboy247
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of funboy247
OH MY GOSH! I got two parcels this morning. I opened the first one.......it was Sucker Punch......very disappointed because.....ok wrong thread
Then I opened the second parcel..........it was R U B I C O N
GUYS, all I can say is............wooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
It was really worth the wait. This is !@#$*** awesome. For this price I expected good quality and you get very good quality.
And this is the reason, why I trust in Gregory Wilsons products. I`ve never been dissapointed!
To all the guys they`re still waiting: YOU CAN LOOKING FORWARD TO GET THIS
So....lets bring the other parcel to the trash
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Good to hear! To be fair I would think the product that cost $350.00 would be better then the one that cost $39.95!
Greg Wilson does deliver....eventually!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2016, Markymark wrote:
Good to hear! To be fair I would think the product that cost $350.00 would be better then the one that cost $39.95!
Greg Wilson does deliver....eventually!

He wasn't comparing. Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Everything is evolving....more footage has been added with more tips.....back to one hand practice solves...boy if most are messing up the simple solve as much as I, I feel for you......so simple but you have to definitely concentrate. Having pre-election coverage on TV is distracting.... Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2016, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2016, Decomposed wrote:

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

LOL!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Oh yeah, forgot to add. Greg has added the much anticipated and highly sought after "PINCH" move to the teach ins. This is probably the best tip so far that will save you many hours of take aparts and corrective solves for the solvers. I also have the most watched you tubes (25 million views) for what Pendleton shared with me during the summer to learn how to solve if intersted, PM me. Happy to help cause it should never leave you until you leave this planet....
James Diamond
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of James Diamond
Mine just arrived today!

Shipping Time: 10 Days to Australia (incase of any others from Oz here who'v ordered it)

Time to dig into these videos and soak it all in. Smile
Instagram.com/JamesDiamondMagic
mistervader
View Profile
New user
Manila
29 Posts

Profile of mistervader
If he has an alternate handling for a lefty such as myself, it would be really appreciated. Or if I figure it out, I may end up sending it in to him myself. Smile
- Kel Fabie
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
That is a good question, he may even post an updated video on it!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
One thing of note that is so simple, I just did not get it after many, many mix ups. To save a lot of heartache, when doing one handed solve, keep your thumb on the white center piece. Smile
mistervader
View Profile
New user
Manila
29 Posts

Profile of mistervader
Thanks for that advice, because that would have saved me a lot of tears when solving it behind my back! I've performed it already at two different shows, but without the recommended wrist movements from the latest video.
- Kel Fabie
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
My Rubicon set was delivered to me today and its great fun working with this!

One thing I noticed (and I'm sure this is ONLY my cube and not some mass problem) - is that on my Cube (the one with four) - the white lair is VERRRRYY loose.

I've tried popping the center cap and tightening the screw but its still basically free spinning which can cause problems during the one handed solve as well as other aspects of the method.

Any cubers out there have any advice on how I can get it tightened to match the friction provided by the other rows and lairs?

Thanks so much!

(EDIT: I should add that I did not loosen any of the screws or play with the action of the cube as per Gregory's instruction. This is simply how I received it.)
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
James Diamond
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of James Diamond
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2016, solidoak wrote:
For anyone who messes up the cube, you don't need to take it apart to re-set it.

Just go to https://ruwix.com/online-rubiks-cube-solver-program/ and it will lead you through easy solving instructions.

solidoak, you are a LIFESAVER!
Instagram.com/JamesDiamondMagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..32~33~34~35~36..43~44~45 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL