The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..33~34~35~36~37..43~44~45 [Next]
Magicalos
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2016, illusioneer wrote:
My Rubicon set was delivered to me today and its great fun working with this!

One thing I noticed (and I'm sure this is ONLY my cube and not some mass problem) - is that on my Cube (the one with four) - the white lair is VERRRRYY loose.

I've tried popping the center cap and tightening the screw but its still basically free spinning which can cause problems during the one handed solve as well as other aspects of the method.

Any cubers out there have any advice on how I can get it tightened to match the friction provided by the other rows and lairs?

Thanks so much!

(EDIT: I should add that I did not loosen any of the screws or play with the action of the cube as per Gregory's instruction. This is simply how I received it.)



he included blue tack...use some of that on the middle panels that pop out...should stop them from popping out
hnegash
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of hnegash
For those of you that mess up the cube their is the Rubik's Cube app which you can download. It will allow you to take a photo of each side of your cube and then instruct you on the twists and turns needed to solve it. It only take a couple of minutes and is much easier than dissembling it.

Best,

Henok
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8211 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2016, solidoak wrote:
For anyone who messes up the cube, you don't need to take it apart to re-set it.

Just go to https://ruwix.com/online-rubiks-cube-solver-program/ and it will lead you through easy solving instructions.
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
965 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2016, hnegash wrote:
For those of you that mess up the cube their is the Rubik's Cube app which you can download. It will allow you to take a photo of each side of your cube and then instruct you on the twists and turns needed to solve it. It only take a couple of minutes and is much easier than dissembling it.

Best,

Henok

Hi. What's the name of the app. I found 15 rubix cube apps
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
183 Posts

Profile of einhorn
I have not read through any of the 23 pages but have to tell you I received mine this week. Played with it non-stop for two days and performed it in a small show tonight. It is almost not fair to do this to people. It is SO astounding, it's ridiculous.
I searched for years for the right routine for me. Practicality vs Effect etc - I can do the cube (and suggest you learn it as you will need to have that knowledge to get out of a mess when practicing) but even for those that do not know how to solve a cube it is pretty easy to perform.
The 'moment' is actually a non-moment. it is INVISIBLE. Nothing to see. One of the very best purchases I have ever made and now I have it I told Greg to double the price. Greg has clearly worked SO hard to make this the beautiful finished product it is. I am astounded he set it free to make it available for others.
I feel privileged to have one. It is a keeper, worker and a reputation maker. I actually don't have the vocabulary to fully explain how freakin' amazing this is. If you perform shows other than close-up at tables then Rubicon is a no-brainer.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2016, einhorn wrote:
I have not read through any of the 23 pages but have to tell you I received mine this week. Played with it non-stop for two days and performed it in a small show tonight. It is almost not fair to do this to people. It is SO astounding, it's ridiculous.
I searched for years for the right routine for me. Practicality vs Effect etc - I can do the cube (and suggest you learn it as you will need to have that knowledge to get out of a mess when practicing) but even for those that do not know how to solve a cube it is pretty easy to perform.
The 'moment' is actually a non-moment. it is INVISIBLE. Nothing to see. One of the very best purchases I have ever made and now I have it I told Greg to double the price. Greg has clearly worked SO hard to make this the beautiful finished product it is. I am astounded he set it free to make it available for others.
I feel privileged to have one. It is a keeper, worker and a reputation maker. I actually don't have the vocabulary to fully explain how freakin' amazing this is. If you perform shows other than close-up at tables then Rubicon is a no-brainer.




Nice! Cannot wait to put this into my alien act. My biggest problem is I have to remove something to make room. I also told Greg nicely I wish he would sell this for much more, and I meant it. Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Greg mentioned a prediction possiblility but time was short. If anyone has any ideas, please PM me, I have one or two but think very basic....or post here if no exposure please. I have not been able to think about it so far with working on handling, pacing etc.....
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4591 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2016, Decomposed wrote:
Greg mentioned a prediction possiblility but time was short. If anyone has any ideas, please PM me, I have one or two but think very basic....or post here if no exposure please. I have not been able to think about it so far with working on handling, pacing etc.....


Maybe something along the lines of what Karl Hein does on Cube FX?
He can tell them the top color when spec is holding the cube and he can't see it.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Yeah good one Videoman, I saw that a few times and can do that one. Hmmm wheels turning.


As a dancing mentalist, I am much more prone to splatter rubicon guts all over the floor while practicing. Favorite songs right now are Play that Funky music white boy, Wild Cherry, and for more somber audiences, Walking Dead theme song. Walking Dead requires too much additional makeup so probaly leaning towards Wild Cherry. Got a new system otw for my sound track. RIght now, planning on Rubicon as my closer. Decisions, decisions. Thanks Greg for my ongoing insomnia..... Smile
Jack Carpenter
View Profile
V.I.P.
158 Posts

Profile of Jack Carpenter
Here's another variation on my previous post. . .this one is quickly becoming a favorite. . .just a "snap" of the fingers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIuVk9V5epA
Nico Haupt
View Profile
New user
Leipzig/Germany
12 Posts

Profile of Nico Haupt
So, finally rubicon arrived.

i do it the short way:

i would be dancing like a 12 year old girl before the first date but I do not. the reason is simple. the trailer and the description implicate, that you can take a "spectator mixed cube" and solve it! and after that, as a climax, you show the phase with the total match of the cubes. but that's not true. and I really really do not like it to be conned like that.

now I will re-routine to make rubicon fit in my existing act. but it's different from my planned (based on the trailer) routine.
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
I was disappointed too, whilst it's clever it doesn't quite do what I thought it would based on the pre-release info. I will continue to use cube routines I've picked up from other (much cheaper) sources, not this unfortunately.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
870 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
But, but-

It's Greg Wilson, for God's sake!

It has to be worth $250 or $350, doesn't it?

Don't you understand all of the work that went into making this product?

And the packaging is exquisite, isn't it?

And don't you guys know that the description of "Taking a cube mixed up by a spectator and solving it" is from the spectator's point of view, not from reality.

So shut up and be happy!
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4591 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2016, Nico Haupt wrote:
So, finally rubicon arrived.

i do it the short way:

i would be dancing like a 12 year old girl before the first date but I do not. the reason is simple. the trailer and the description implicate, that you can take a "spectator mixed cube" and solve it! and after that, as a climax, you show the phase with the total match of the cubes. but that's not true. and I really really do not like it to be conned like that.

now I will re-routine to make rubicon fit in my existing act. but it's different from my planned (based on the trailer) routine.


I may be misunderstanding what you are saying but it sounds like you feel the description and trailer for Rubicon were not accurate or truthful. If that is the case then I would have to say I disagree.
Matching the spectators mixed cube IS the effect of the first phase. You may not like the method but I think the description is truthful.

I do realize that some magic ads go too far with the concept of "what the spectators see" but I don't feel that is the case here.
Of course some may see this as an opportunity to conjoin the two as Jack Straw has with his negative and sarcastic comment but I see it differently.

I mean every magic effect is described essentially from the spectators viewpoint. It would be akin to saying that you bought a cut and restored rope trick but you feel the description was misleading because it stated that you cut one long piece in the middle and then restore the 2 pieces. That's not exactly what usually happens but it is how the spectators see it. That type of description is generally considered to be truthful.

But I really love both the effects and methods of Rubicon so perhaps I am not seeing the big picture here. But this is the first comment I have seen where anyone has felt mislead by the Rubicon trailer. But again, perhaps I have simply misunderstood your meaning.
Jack Carpenter
View Profile
V.I.P.
158 Posts

Profile of Jack Carpenter
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2016, Nico Haupt wrote:
So, finally rubicon arrived.

i do it the short way:

i would be dancing like a 12 year old girl before the first date but I do not. the reason is simple. the trailer and the description implicate, that you can take a "spectator mixed cube" and solve it! and after that, as a climax, you show the phase with the total match of the cubes. but that's not true. and I really really do not like it to be conned like that.

now I will re-routine to make rubicon fit in my existing act. but it's different from my planned (based on the trailer) routine.


What a bummer. I too thought that the reason it was $350.00 was because you could magically solve a truly spectator mixed cube! I was really looking forward to hear from one of you guys that that was the case. I guess I should have deduced that when I heard the complaints about "not knowing how to solve after accidentally mixing it up."

The matching cubes effect, the magical solves, the predictions, etc. can ALL be accomplished without gaffs of any kind (and without great difficulty) so now I'm wondering "what the hell the gaff DOES DO?"
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2401 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I am wondering what the heck it does. But Jack can say Hell if he wants to.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2016, Jack Carpenter wrote:
Here's another variation on my previous post. . .this one is quickly becoming a favorite. . .just a "snap" of the fingers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIuVk9V5epA



Jack, how old are those stickers? Just curious how long stickers last. Thanks
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2016, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2016, Nico Haupt wrote:
So, finally rubicon arrived.

i do it the short way:

i would be dancing like a 12 year old girl before the first date but I do not. the reason is simple. the trailer and the description implicate, that you can take a "spectator mixed cube" and solve it! and after that, as a climax, you show the phase with the total match of the cubes. but that's not true. and I really really do not like it to be conned like that.

now I will re-routine to make rubicon fit in my existing act. but it's different from my planned (based on the trailer) routine.


I may be misunderstanding what you are saying but it sounds like you feel the description and trailer for Rubicon were not accurate or truthful. If that is the case then I would have to say I disagree.
Matching the spectators mixed cube IS the effect of the first phase. You may not like the method but I think the description is truthful.

I do realize that some magic ads go too far with the concept of "what the spectators see" but I don't feel that is the case here.
Of course some may see this as an opportunity to conjoin the two as Jack Straw has with his negative and sarcastic comment but I see it differently.

I mean every magic effect is described essentially from the spectators viewpoint. It would be akin to saying that you bought a cut and restored rope trick but you feel the description was misleading because it stated that you cut one long piece in the middle and then restore the 2 pieces. That's not exactly what usually happens but it is how the spectators see it. That type of description is generally considered to be truthful.

But I really love both the effects and methods of Rubicon so perhaps I am not seeing the big picture here. But this is the first comment I have seen where anyone has felt mislead by the Rubicon trailer. But again, perhaps I have simply misunderstood your meaning.



I tend to agree. When I first saw Rubicon come out, I was thinking the same as most. But after many, many conversations with cuber magicians, we already knew how this worked. Believe me, I have no problem with mine and my routine. Audience sees it exactly as depicted...its really not a big deal. Remember, Greg has a 100 percent return policy. And also, I don't know if it was here or on FB, he posted the swi**h is made right under their noses so that was another indication of how this was done. But I respect your opinions....I just love mine and its going to be put through fam test then a free captive audience in the next week or two to fine tune it...
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
For those who can solve, there is an additional phase.....
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1798 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2016, Jack Straw wrote:
But, but-

It's Greg Wilson, for God's sake!

It has to be worth $250 or $350, doesn't it?

Don't you understand all of the work that went into making this product?

And the packaging is exquisite, isn't it?

And don't you guys know that the description of "Taking a cube mixed up by a spectator and solving it" is from the spectator's point of view, not from reality.

So shut up and be happy!


Yes Jack is the right it is Greg Wilson the packaging alone must be worth at least $250 -$350

I would have expected this to be sold for $550 !

It Must be worth it as it is Greg Wilson!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..33~34~35~36~37..43~44~45 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.38 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL