The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..35~36~37~38~39..43~44~45 [Next]
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I played around with Cube 3, but really just couldn't grasp it. I'm not afraid of putting in the work...I faro, 2nd deal etc., but just couldn't get it. THIS looks great..but it's pretty obvious, (at least to me that the cube isn't actually being SOLVED...like I mean the sides aren't moving. I'm torn.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
When you turn it different ways, its deceptive Pepka...
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4598 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2016, pepka wrote:
I played around with Cube 3, but really just couldn't grasp it. I'm not afraid of putting in the work...I faro, 2nd deal etc., but just couldn't get it. THIS looks great..but it's pretty obvious, (at least to me that the cube isn't actually being SOLVED...like I mean the sides aren't moving. I'm torn.

Not sure what you mean by the sides aren't moving and it isn't actually being solved.
Schaff
View Profile
Regular user
Fargo, ND
133 Posts

Profile of Schaff
Hey Guys,

Would anyone be kind enough to PM me the number of the video that details the reset? The only one that I have seen seems to go past it so quickly that don't know what colors should be facing me when I kick off the reset process.

Thanks in advance!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
15 and 16 Schaff
nspikito
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of nspikito
Spike,
The Rubicon package comes with a container of gray 'Blu-Tack' that you can put a piece inside of each center so if it is dropped, the tiles will not pop out.

Kind regards,
~Tony

Thanks, Tony

Spike
Brenton Keith
View Profile
New user
Maui, Hawaii
31 Posts

Profile of Brenton Keith
I just received my Rubicon, and am completely lost in the tutorial. He moves so fast when he 'mixes' it up, that I simply don't get it. Is that called 'the reset'? I also didn't get any book with mine. Was there one?
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3730 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
No book. All the tutorials are online. Just watch ALL the tutorials totally before even attempting to do anything with the cubes. ALL OF THEM!

Steve
theoriginalman
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of theoriginalman
Brenton and Schaff check out video 12 and 16 . He explains the setup/reset repeatedly, nice and slow, over and over, and even an over the shoulder view. Excellent explanation.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Agree, videos are step by step and some teaching super slow. Best not mix it up or you will have to get it solved one way or other....I don't mess up anymore solving it.....just remember, thumb on white center.....stays on there...but with routine, the cube will be mixed every performance... Smile
nspikito
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of nspikito
A question for you Rubiconers. After watching and studying all of Greg's videos I am making some progress, but I have a particular problem with the one-handed solve. I can do the "twist/pinch" rather easily, but not the "turn". Although Greg teaches the former in detail, the latter move flies by. I would love some sage advice from anyone who can help. You can PM me if you like, but I don't think that disclosure is an issue here.

Thanks,

Spike
toberman
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of toberman
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2016, nspikito wrote:
A question for you Rubiconers. After watching and studying all of Greg's videos I am making some progress, but I have a particular problem with the one-handed solve. I can do the "twist/pinch" rather easily, but not the "turn". Although Greg teaches the former in detail, the latter move flies by. I would love some sage advice from anyone who can help. You can PM me if you like, but I don't think that disclosure is an issue here.

Thanks,

Spike

I have the same issue.

Terry
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Keep thumb on white center piece as you turn it....I had problem until I saw the video and then even though his explanation was different then my visual, I just ensured I kept the side of my thumb on the center white. That way you will not mess it up. And it worked fine, easy as 1-2-3 now and no mix ups.
nspikito
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of nspikito
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2016, Decomposed wrote:
Keep thumb on white center piece as you turn it....I had problem until I saw the video and then even though his explanation was different then my visual, I just ensured I kept the side of my thumb on the center white. That way you will not mess it up. And it worked fine, easy as 1-2-3 now and no mix ups.

It's getting a little better. Thanks for the suggestions.
Jimso
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Jimso
I also had the same trouble because his explanation seems to suggest moving the thumb off the center. The tip from Decomposed helps a lot.

Another clarification that might help some people: In the set-up, Greg says you perform the 'twist-turn' seven times. Actually, he does the pair six times, followed by a single twist. In other words, he omits the final turn. It does not matter if you take his advice about checking the orientation before you solve, but you might mess up when learning if you get that detail wrong.

Also, I have to thank Jack Carpenter for his advice about the GANS 365-S speed cube. I had the others, and they were pretty good, but the GANS is sooo much nicer. You cannot use it for Rubicon, but it is great for the Hein, Brundage, and Usui methods.
funboy247
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of funboy247
I love rubicon. But I don't like the customer service. I dropped some emails but got no response. It's a shame!!!
My problem: I can't adjust the tension on the cubes. I think the spring inside doesn't work.
theoriginalman
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of theoriginalman
Initially I thought that my cube was a little too tight also but after working with it I realized that its perfect just like Greg says. I was use to working with speed cubes like the one you get with Cube3 but this cube is perfect for this effect. If you really think that you need to adjust the tension just remember to adjust all 4 center screws equally. I kind of like mine a little "tight" as it helps with the move. I've tried this with my speed cube and it works but you have to be a bit more cautious and secure with your movements.
funboy247
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of funboy247
Mine is too loose and this is not good for me. I adjusted all screws but nothing happended
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Yeah you need it tight....hope mine does not get too loose, it will not be a good thing. THe opposite of what you want for other effects but not with Rubicon...
sushe
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of sushe
I also preordered rubicon in mid July ,
I got a message at the end of October that it shipped ,
When I am looking in the tracking the last update is from November 2nd
And than nothing .
I send an email to the secret source but with no respond
So I try my luck here:)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..35~36~37~38~39..43~44~45 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL