The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..37~38~39~40~41..43~44~45 [Next]
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
nspikito
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of nspikito
Well done, Patrick!
Spike
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2016, Decomposed wrote:
Well my gig went great. Nice feeling, I closed my mentalism show with Rubicon. Opened with Cube 3 Bag solve then moved right into Rubicon, same cube in play. I also used the box it came with stored in my carry case inside a sandwich bag plastic sleeve just to help protect from bumps.

The same cube for bag solve I held high up to ensure everyone knew I did not switch then handing it to a woman to mix. Very nice logical disconnect in play here mind you....My patter is a little history on the cube even though my audience was 30-60 in age so everyone knew this little marvel. Smile

Nice G. I had a blast preforming Rubicon at mine. Everyone loved it! To prep them I pulled out Rubick's Rod first then finished with Rubicon. I have to say I am even more pleased with this purchase after extensively using it.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
mistervader
View Profile
New user
Manila
29 Posts

Profile of mistervader
Really nice video of me doing Rubicon, although my wrist motion leaves a lot to be desired. Camera was really good, and shot on Facebook Live, around 3 hours and 12 minutes in: https://www.facebook.com/digitalhalohalo......5586207/

I can't move my wrist too much for fear of either dropping the cube or messing my grip on the cube, making me turn or twist in the wrong direction.
- Kel Fabie
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Nice videos, thanks for sharing both....back in action Saturday for Dec finale. Nice to have a few presentations under belt for this one which will include heavy drinkers.

Good action Bob......like that idea... Smile Smile
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
Quick tip. If you accidentally mess up the cube and need help putting it back, download the Rubiks cube app from the app store (its free) and it will solve the cube for you, showing you all the necessary moves. Very, very useful.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/rubiks-cube/id361231506?mt=8
jruiz0216
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jruiz0216
Thought I'd share my Behind the Back Solve Progress. I think I am now ready to take this out in the wild Smile

I actually practice the 1 hand solve with one of my speed cubes (as in the link)

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Qs7on9G3U
oscarf
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of oscarf
I just became aware of this when Penguin sent out a mailing. I don't know how I missed it up until now. The reason I shelled out this much money, besides loving everything Greg does, is that I love the Rubik's Cube. And the name Rubicon has the lowest possible entropy - there couldn't BE a better name. Alas, I have to wait four more days for my Rubicon to arrive. No need to read any further unless you want my unbidden advice on solving the real cube ...

At 62 years old, I have been doing the cube on and off since it was invented, but over the last year, I began to try a little harder to increase my solving speed. I think this effect is even better if you know your way around a real cube for real, and it's also fun, addictive, and probably good for keeping your brain young (a daily struggle for some of us). I can currently solve it in about 70 seconds, 90 tops, and I am determined to get it to under 60 seconds. That's still nothing for a young person, free of such encumbrances as a job, but it's pretty good for this age. I solve the cube four or five times every day, but usually not much more often than that unless I'm adding a new algorithm to my arsenal. But, you have to keep a cube on your desk, by the TV, by the bed, etc. if you don't want to lose the skill.

Here's my advice on learning. First, orient yourself to how the regular cube works and how the face color is determined. THEN, learn the beginners method to solve the cube, making an effort to solve the Cross, then the First Layer, and then the middle layer intuitively without memorizing algorithms. Once you get oriented, it is really quite easy, but it takes quite awhile to just get comfortable. Once you have that down (one session of a few hours is enough if you can stand it), learn the couple of algorithms in the beginner's method to orient and permute the last layer. That doesn't take long. And then just solve the cube as often as you can every day for a few weeks.

The secret is not to overwhelm yourself. After awhile, you will be confident that you can solve the cube without notes and without having to think much. You can easily do it in under three minutes with the beginner's method, and even faster if you work at it. In fact, there is no reason to take it any further than that, but you will find yourself wanting to. Rather than go into (more) detail, I'll just say that the next steps are to learn CFOP which is _nowhere_ near as complex as it looks like it is. And, you can learn 2-look OLL and PLL. It's pretty easy, really, if you just learn a little at a time. Never mind what those things mean, they can be looked up, but my point is, it is NOT as difficult as it seems if you just take it a little at a time. There are many redundant moves and moves that are long to explain but easy to learn.

I promise you will not regret learning to speed solve the Rubik's Cube!
Akmal Magication
View Profile
New user
Brunei
76 Posts

Profile of Akmal Magication
Is this something that works everytime? or theres a time the gimmick can be messed up?
"Imagination & Knowledge is a tools for creativity"
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
You could mess this up but it wouldn't be the gimmick's fault.
oscarf
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of oscarf
Received my Rubicon yesterday (early). Pure genius from Gregory Wilson, just as everyone is saying. My wife is completely baffled, and she's watched me solve the real cube thousands of times (by watched I mean "been in the same room as me while"). She is now convinced that I have gained a supernatural level of skill, even though I have told her it's a magic trick. I've always been impressed with Greg's magical mind (who hasn't?) but this is truly a tour de force of magical innovation.
MagieLucas
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
93 Posts

Profile of MagieLucas
I have a question but not to ask here. Can anyone help???
That1MagicGuy
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of That1MagicGuy
So easy! I love my Rubicon. Working on my first full scale show. This is definitely going in!
MDon 2233
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of MDon 2233
Straight into my A list set
Andrew Davis
View Profile
Regular user
Longmont, CO
120 Posts

Profile of Andrew Davis
Hey Guys,

We are happy to finally have some of these in stock - Limited quantities, but they are here and free shipping worldwide.

http://www.magicandsuch.com/product/rubi......-wilson/
Owner, Magic and Such - http://www.MagicAndSuch.com
Check out our monthly special exclusively for Cafe Members!
http://www.MagicAndSuch.com/Magic-Cafe-Members/
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
So many have this now I kinda wish I had quit pumping it. Seems I am seeing it on adverts of more performing it..., if I see a creepy clown doing it (like MOABT) I may be forced in drawering it. Smile
dp
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of dp
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2016, Mike Webb wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2016, Justin Lewis wrote:
Great news about the new footage being added soon! My cube got solved. I have two solved cubes... lol
cant do much until the new footage is uploaded

*Fourteen* videos and none of them explain how to set up the cube to be solved. Doh! Smile

I too am struggling to find the video that clearly states how to set up the cube. There are so many videos telling me how great it is and how well it works and yet the basics seem to be missing form the instructions. It would be really useful to have a video that just says 'set up'. This would very slowly, with just the cube on the screen go through the process for me. I know Greg can do it very fast with one hand and it looks great but I think the teaching needed to start a little slower paced. I have seen my fair share of magic instructions and I can say conclusively that I just can't follow it. Maybe I'm missing something but Ive just watched every video that is online today in the secret area and I don't know where to start with a basic set up. I am finding this very frustrating as everything else seems fine and dandy.
Close Up Magician & Illusionist - David Penn

Search The Wizard Product Review at http://www.worldmagicshop.com
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
I thought the setup was clearly explained which is so simple. From what I remember of the instructions Greg went over it in detail.

As a matter of fact I remember Greg saying counter-clockwise and away from you and clockwise towards you. Very simple.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
theoriginalman
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of theoriginalman
Although the instructional videos are not in order, there is one where Greg teaches the set up,step by step over and over again, multiple times and multiple views, almost to the point of being over done. Review the videos and you will have to rethink the complexity of the set up.
dp
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of dp
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2016, theoriginalman wrote:
Although the instructional videos are not in order, there is one where Greg teaches the set up,step by step over and over again, multiple times and multiple views, almost to the point of being over done. Review the videos and you will have to rethink the complexity of the set up.

Thanks for your help original man. Today that video didn't seem to be there? Anyone know which number that is? Impressed with everything else though.
Close Up Magician & Illusionist - David Penn

Search The Wizard Product Review at http://www.worldmagicshop.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..37~38~39~40~41..43~44~45 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL