The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..38~39~40~41~42~43~44~45 [Next]
dp
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of dp
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2016, dp wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2016, theoriginalman wrote:
Although the instructional videos are not in order, there is one where Greg teaches the set up,step by step over and over again, multiple times and multiple views, almost to the point of being over done. Review the videos and you will have to rethink the complexity of the set up.

Thanks for your help original man. Today that video didn't seem to be there? Anyone know which number that is? Impressed with everything else though.

GOT IT! It's on there now. I did think it was strange how so few videos were on there earlier today.
Close Up Magician & Illusionist - David Penn

Search The Wizard Product Review at http://www.worldmagicshop.com
Kentrell
View Profile
New user
Cleveland, OH
72 Posts

Profile of Kentrell
This is a great idea and an excellent gimmick... Top notch. You could either use the routine provided or incorporate it into your own routine. IMO, for a commercial magic product, this is as good as it gets!

However, as most have said, the video instructions are a mess. I think they missed the forest for the trees as details are presented without first giving an overall view of the method. A lot of assumptions are made that the viewer couldn't know, leading to confusion. I create educational material for a very complex field professionally, and this is poorly done. When using streaming video, there is a tendency to not plan as well as for a DVD (creating disorganized "content"). I hope they create a new video that breaks things down in a more organized fashion. I'm tired of rewatching these clips trying to piece this together.

The actual product is fantastic.

K
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I agree that the videos got a kind of a bum rush and seem more like an unedited rough copy.
Hopefully, after the holidays Greg and his team will have some time to revamp them and make them easier to follow and more coherent.

But as it stands, the material is now all there. You just to need to wade through it to find what you want.
But with just a little simple editing and reorganization I think any problems people are having could be eliminated.
A product and routine as good as this one (and at this price point) deserves that IMO.
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
When watching the videos the first time, I just took notes on what was on each video, so I could go back and review what I needed to.

If you watch them all, you should be able to do the routine with no problem.
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
AndreaMooreMagic
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of AndreaMooreMagic
This is definitely a worker. I am loving every second of it! Highly recommended.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Yes it is indeed, a real worker.... Smile
charlies_hat
View Profile
Regular user
Norwich, UK
108 Posts

Profile of charlies_hat
I struggled with the set up for a few hours.

It was the 'over the shoulder' set up that I watched again and then everything clicked into place. What had been confusing me was the "clockwise / anticlockwise" references, I was unsure as to whether Greg was referring to turning the whole cube clockwise / anticlockwise or the twisting of the section each time.

Anyway, the over the shoulder bit nailed it for me.

On another note, it's not as simple as perhaps people make out on here. As always there are a few bits to commit to memory, and also to muscle memory. And if you go wrong at any point, the reset is basically knowing how to do a rubiks cube. All that said, I've had it a few days and now I'm used to it, I think it's an excellent purchase.
bertolla
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
84 Posts

Profile of bertolla
What a great effect! I do not like Rubik Cube routines but this is real great. Very easy to learn and if you mixed your cubes there is a free app called freecubesolver!
j.i.s.
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of j.i.s.
Hello . I have it too and I played every day a little but I am curious if I want to buy an ordinary rubik cube exactly like Greg's Rubicon one which one exactly is ? 3×3 DaYan GuHong ? 3×3 DaYan ZhanChi ? So if I will break the cube for example from where to buy a cube exaclty like Greg one ? Did he think to sell some parts like a cube or other things to the Rubicon owners . Every clients have that card acces so I could buy some parts from that rubicn box if I need ?

Thank you
SKILL
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
145 Posts

Profile of SKILL
Very clever .........i already got mine love it
In order to arrive at perfeccion
you must go through the failure
Japanese Thoughts
j.i.s.
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of j.i.s.
I did the trick to my girlfriend and second time discovered the little difference between the cubes Smile . Hm I keep it with a space between it but maybe I didn,t keep it in motion Smile
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Second time?!...

Personally I don't think this is a close-up trick, it's designed for stand-up/parlour.
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2017, j.i.s. wrote:
I did the trick to my girlfriend and second time discovered the little difference between the cubes Smile . Hm I keep it with a space between it but maybe I didn,t keep it in motion Smile

First time is magic...second time is education.
theoriginalman
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of theoriginalman
This can be used as a close-up trick with a little modification in the routine. Yes keeping the cube in motion,distance and focusing on the presentation and less on the "cube" may help. I've performed this close-up among friends and have never been questioned on any "differences" in cube. Greg mentions this in the video. Try allowing them to "play" with the cube as much as possible, engage them in conversation as they are mixing the cube, let them look at it as they mix it up, these little subtleties will take suspension away as they have thoroughly examined the cube and will therefore be ready to enjoy the miracle.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
This has also been cycled into my A List Stand Up Show. But for me, I knew it was a winner when I was caught a bit off guard performing it a private party. We were gathered in a group with my back to a wall. As the spectator began mixing his cube, I had two people come up on either side of me right off of my elbows. They were looking right down on my hands as I took the cubes back and did the move. The genuine reactions of shock and swearing when I showed the six sides matching was well worth the money paid. Quite honestly, if I never performed this routine again, I got my money's worth on the reaction that evening. (But no chance of this going to the magic drawer).

Yes, it can be managed close-up but I agree it is more suited to parlor or stand-up. However, recalling how I protected my angles with someone about a foot away from me on either side, I wouldn't hesitate to do this close-up again in the proper situations.

Been waiting about six years for Greg to release this since I saw it at Magifest. Didn't hesitate to jump on the presale. Well worth it and a definite keeper.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
I have yet to perform this in a stand up/stage show. I have performed this in 4 of my close-up/strolling gigs with great success. Though, I think I am going to use it in a stand up show this month on Martin Luther King Day. I think this would play well for both kids and adults. The show will only have a handful of kids but about 80 adults. I think kids are familiar enough with the cube for this to play well.

Do you guys think kids (probably ages 6 to 13 or so) are familiar enough with Rubick's Cube?

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I have two children in that age range and they most certainly are aware RNK.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2017, pegasus wrote:
I have two children in that age range and they most certainly are aware RNK.

OK. Good! Nice to hear.

Thanks!
novestro
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of novestro
Hi guys, I live in Germany and have just received a rubicon I bought from a US ebayer. The cubes are wonderful but when I enter the secret access code I just get "home error 401" or "home error 405" and get no chance to reach the instructional videos. The ebayer obviously does not understand the problem, I have contacted Gregory but haven't received an answer so far. I wonder if any of you guys could give me a hint or help me some way?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Well, finally used this in a stand up show and man am I glad that I did! It was a huge hit. I was worried about people sitting in the back (There was about 70 adults and 20 kids/teens) staying tuned in while I was showing the matching sides but I have to say everyone enjoyed the routine. It's nice to have a routine that you can do close-up or stand-up/stage shows with so little to carry that has such a great impact.

RNK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..38~39~40~41~42~43~44~45 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL