The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..40~41~42~43~44~45 [Next]
MontrealMagic
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of MontrealMagic
Speedcubeshop.com has a ton of stickers you can order (really inexpensive too) and the customer service is amazing. They will help you match the colors to the cube you have.

I just got this trick yesterday and I think it is great, Insanely priced, but great.
KRMarlo
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
7 Posts

Profile of KRMarlo
Hello Friends,

Seems I'm in a bind that is similar to our friend from Germany at the top of this page. I'm an original owner of Rubicon. I absolutely love it, however, it does not have a proper fit in my work at this time. As a result, I find myself in the midst of a trade agreement with another magician for something I more actively need for my work.

The problem is, as an original owner who's worked with this routine and opened the video instruction, I am caught in the inability to transfer this code to a new magician without compromising my own user name and password (which I am not comfortable with and will not be doing), when it leaves my hands. Digital/Streaming instruction is certainly secure and convenient, but the level of security makes it impossible to pass things on to new blood when we don't have a home for them in our rep.

Can anyone possibly point me in the direction of a hard download or perhaps some means of resetting the code for a new owner? It would be a shame to have this just collect dust on my shelf, when someone can actually perform with it instead.

Thanks so much, everyone!
KRMarlo
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
7 Posts

Profile of KRMarlo
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2017, KRMarlo wrote:
Hello Friends,

Seems I'm in a bind that is similar to our friend from Germany at the top of this page. I'm an original owner of Rubicon. I absolutely love it, however, it does not have a proper fit in my work at this time. As a result, I find myself in the midst of a trade agreement with another magician for something I more actively need for my work.

The problem is, as an original owner who's worked with this routine and opened the video instruction, I am caught in the inability to transfer this code to a new magician without compromising my own user name and password (which I am not comfortable with and will not be doing), when it leaves my hands. Digital/Streaming instruction is certainly secure and convenient, but the level of security makes it impossible to pass things on to new blood when we don't have a home for them in our rep.

Can anyone possibly point me in the direction of a hard download or perhaps some means of resetting the code for a new owner? It would be a shame to have this just collect dust on my shelf, when someone can actually perform with it instead.

Thanks so much, everyone!

This has gone from inconvenient to infuriating. I'm a little floored, with how this community trades and sells magic as their acts change, that Rubicon is not provided with a simpler means to move the directions along with the prop when allowing it to leave one's hands.

I've learned that some magicians that have sold the piece have gone into the instruction videos' host site to change their passwords and pass the entire account to the next magician. I'm afraid I am not even seeing that option (or ANY options for editing my account) in the host site. I am about to lose a trade opportunity for something else I can truly use for my act. Are there any who have sold theirs that are able to help me locate a means to change the password or otherwise manage to pass this routine along? For what this cost (pre-order break or not) I am really at wit's end.

Thanks, everyone.
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1346 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Looks like these are no longer available. Penguin has had them on Pre-Order for quite some time now.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Glad I got mine....using it every stand up show. I have to say I can solve the cube and the one hand cube is easy to learn but boy, having it not work as a closer had me spinning earlier. Its not fault of Rubicon, and really its no fault of mine after going through the old fashion solve. I discovered this does happen occasionally with any cube. One piece usually the corner, becomes rearranged somehow. And from there, the mix up continues as you solve. I can do the solve in my sleep, its all muscle memory but just beware. I have heard from another solver it does happen ****(see below also from a speed cuber)

Fixing is just solving to the top layer then easily turning one or two corner pieces to solve. Having solved hundreds of cubes, this has happened maybe 2-3 times.

About the key and videos, I lost my key. Fortunately I do remember most of the videos but would have loved to have access....

***"Yes, it is possible for a cube to freakishly enter an unsolvable orbit without it falling apart.

Sometimes a corner can twist in place without anything actually falling apart. The cubies cling to each other, and even though it's typically a tight fit, sometimes when the cube turns badly pieces can lock together and create extra space for pieces to wiggle. It depends on the brand of the cube, and non-Rubik's brand cubes that have looser screws are prone to this."
alee7371
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of alee7371
I believe you can get Rubicon direct from Greg Wilson website, "The secret Source"
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Yes you can buy directly from Greg. I have recently added a key fob to the great little customized tool Greg's puts in the package. Its great to use on all my other cubes as well. Just a FYI.. Smile
iluzjonista
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of iluzjonista
Is this product discontinued? It's out of stock on all dealers. I contacted Greg directly but I didn't received any respond.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1731 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Maybe the easiest way for you to get one is from the "Tricks for sale" page. I saw a couple for sale recently over there.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3583 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2017, Magic KL wrote:
Maybe the easiest way for you to get one is from the "Tricks for sale" page. I saw a couple for sale recently over there.

Mine is currently for sale in that section.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4803 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2017, edwardowen93 wrote:
How are people finding this? I'm very tempted to buy it...

I am loving this! I use it for both stand-up and close-up performances. Super easy and quick reset! Great for all ages to!

RNK
overflow
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
188 Posts

Profile of overflow
Is it still available somewhere ?

Thanks
kollo
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of kollo
Finally I got mine from Vanishing Inc.
When I get to instructional page, there's written the headline "Rubicon 2.0", followed by the trailer.
But NO explanation video!
Can other owners please confirm/help?
I've already written to the instructional page owner.
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
Oh look. 4 months later and Rubicon 2.0 is coming out. $350 down the drain.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of The Duster
I didn't buy Rubicon

Partly as a few of his effects seemed to have been 'borrowed' and also I wasn't feeling the pre order

I was worried he wanted to rush money coming in - before what ever 'inspired' him came out

Just my thoughts

It never crossed my mind that it was going to be replaced a few months later by an upgraded version

I take it all those who bought the original get the upgraded version for free [?]

Rubicon 2.0

Ships in December 2017
Re-engineered cubes for maximum deception!
Super easy to do (comes complete with EVERYTHING needed to do both phases of the routine)
No legitimate cube-solving necessary
Can be performed close-up, stand-up and completely surrounded
The custom-designed, state-of-the-art gimmick does all the work for you!
Free US Shipping (Use promo code FREESHIP at checkout)

I do find the plot interesting

If I were to buy a cube effect now - it would probably be Rubik's Dream - as it has had so many great write ups

But I guess 2.0 Rubicon must have it's strengths over Rubik's Dream
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1624 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
The first version is still perfectly usable so why would we feel cheated that there's an upgrade now? Rubicon beats all other cube routines out there, even Perfect Square - which I think is total crap. Everyone seems to think you have to take the cubes out of view for a moment with Rubicon - you don't. Not even a little bit. If you do it right, the cubes literally never leave their sight.

I'd like to see a description of what's changed in the gimmick and preferably pictures. Overall, I'm super happy that Gregory is still selling this, the Wizard Product Review made it sound like Rubicon was obsolete now because of Rubik's Dream and Perfect Square.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4598 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2017, Lou Cirulli wrote:
Oh look. 4 months later and Rubicon 2.0 is coming out. $350 down the drain.

Down the drain??? Really? Sorry, but I disagree and think this type of comment is just silly. Not to mention that I got mine over a year ago so it's been out a while now and I don't think there's anything wrong with an upgrade at this time.

Re: Rubik's Dream, I think it's nice that if you've purchased the original set you can buy replacement components for a greatly reduced price. The other really nice thing about RD is that you can take a Dremel tool to it and within minutes convert it into practically any other cube gimmick.
I recently converted my RD mini cube gaff into a mini cube Perfect Square gaff. So now I can do a matching cube effect while only needing to carry 2 small mini cubes. Love it, if this version were available commercially it could possibly get my vote for trick of the year.
Recently I also converted a full size RD into a Rubicon gimmick that folds flat, which although not necessary, is very helpful for the way I perform it.
So RD is definitely versatile, in many ways.
And yes, I have purchased all of the effects mentioned.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4598 Posts

Profile of videoman
I agree with Patrick's opinions comparing Rubicon to other similar products.
I prefer the Rubicon stack, the Rubicon gimmick, and the Rubicon display of all 6 sides.

As far as a cube matching effect, Rubik's Dream requires that the cube go out of sight momentarily and if you're going to do that you may as well do Karl Hein's version using ungimmicked cubes or any of the many others. So Perfect Square is a better direct comparison to Rubicon. But I prefer the Rubicon gimmick over the PS gimmick (when using a standard size cube, for the mini cube I slightly prefer the PS method, although I am having second thoughts about that.) But when using standard sized cubes the fact that Rubicon can be done with one hand allows for better misdirection when doing the move. Also, the move with Rubicon is generally quieter.
Finally, the end display of both cubes looks more natural to me with Rubicon.

I'd be interested to know what the 2.0 version of Rubicon offers. Possibly it could be made a tiny bit thinner which would be more deceptive when done very close up. But other than folding flat as mentioned in a prior post (which is something very specific to me, I don't think many other people are clamoring for that) I really can't think of how version 1 could be improved upon.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2017, videoman wrote:
I'd be interested to know what the 2.0 version of Rubicon offers. Possibly it could be made a tiny bit thinner which would be more deceptive when done very close up.

Sounds like it will be thinner

"Re-engineered cubes for maximum deception!"
kollo
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of kollo
As I was the one who posted the "2.0" thing:
It´s only a Headline above the online instructions, while the instructions are the "original one". So, there is no 2.0.
As a owner of Rubicon I really can´t imagine what could be done better. Rubicon is a premium product. I own all the other cube-gimmicks, but Rubicon is by far the best.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubicon (176 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..40~41~42~43~44~45 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL