The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Magic Master Summit (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..11~12~13 [Next]
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I don't think this event (Magic Master Summit) has been mentioned yet in the Tricky Business area. It fits right in with our interests.

It's next week (July 18-22). The live event will be free (you can watch certain videos of certain presenters on certain dates), but I'm sure they will be selling DVD sets afterwards.

I heard about it through discussions on Facebook, and because some friends told me about it via email.

I've been registered for a few months now.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2393 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
I am registered too! Interesting that it will compete with the Republican Convention and another Donald! More importantly it competes with my busy summer schedule. However, I wish them success and hope to pop in.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
J.C. Sum sent an email to those on his list. I got to watch a preview of Bill Gladwell talking about 2 walling. It is great and very informative. If the others is as good as this one, there is not way anyone should miss any of them. Thirty performers will be discussing various forms of magic topics.

That is if you intend to market shows for profit.
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
Thanks for the posts! As the producer of the event, I hate to realize that I've timed it on such a big election event, but I hope the 24 hour access to each day's schedule will be really beneficial. If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me! David@MagicMasterSummit.com

Enjoy!
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I hope this works out well for you and the contributors/participants. If magicians approach this right and are willing to invest, this could be a great assistance in their performing and business operations.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
This online event started today.

As was said above, the interview with Bill Gladwell was exceptional.

That's the first one I've watched so far.

- Donald
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
This is a gold mine of information. I'm trying to get them all in today...

Yes Bill goes over the real deal about 2-walling and 4-walling and how to market a show in a tourist center. What's great about Bill is he totally admitted that he had NO SHOW when he got the job in Gatlinburg... he literally threw the show together in a couple weeks and he got that show up in the top 5 on trip advisor in a few months.

I just finished Rick Thomas, WOW what an inspiration.
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
Thanks for all the great feedback guys! The convention is still going, in Day 3 now! The event ends in a couple days!
tommeepickles
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
165 Posts

Profile of tommeepickles
Kid shows was great, 2 walling was great, I would say that 90% is great. First 26 minutes of How to get a HUGE fanbase seems just like a huge infomercial, it made me feel icky.
Tim Friday
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of Tim Friday
I was able to see some of the ones I wanted to see however it is very aggravating that you are only allowed to see each video for one day only
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
That's why you have to pay
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I appreciate having access to free samples, even though it's only for a limited time. And I think it's great that Dave is over-delivering, giving a nice selection of speakers to watch each day (30+ different videos spread over the 5 days). I'm pretty sure that Dave made it clear earlier on that you could only watch certain videos for a free, for a 24 hour period (so it's not like he mislead people).

I was able to watch 3 on Monday, and 3 on Tuesday. And I'm working on my second one for Wednesday.

If you want access to all of the videos at any time --

https://magicmastersummit.com/purchase

- Donald
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2016, Donald Dunphy wrote:
I appreciate having access to free samples, even though it's only for a limited time...giving a nice selection of speakers to watch each day (30+ different videos spread over the 5 days). I'm pretty sure that Dave made it clear earlier on that you could only watch certain videos for a free, for a 24 hour period (so it's not like he mislead people).

Yes, that is the busienss model for these types of things. The idea is to sell the purchase access and at the end there will likely be a permanent full package access option. I'm surprised that with all of the information marketing Tim purports to know, that he didn't know this.
Tim Friday
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of Tim Friday
I'm simply expressing I don't care for the bait and switch tactic. Maybe it was clearly explained on the front end but my attention was more focused on the free part.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Your attention was more focused on the free part. Gee I wonder if sales people will pick up on this and use it somehow?

To call it a bait and switch tactic is very harsh. I don't think you know what bait and switch actually is. First off it is punishable. So to accuse people of that is pretty serious and if I were you I would think of an apology. You were WAY out of line man.

I have nothing to do with any of this and don't even know the people involved, but because you don't get enough free stuff you cry foul. Well pony up money. THEN if they don't give you what they are claiming you can say bait and switch.

What is aggrevating is people who feel entitled to information for free. As if Dave has no expenses. That he put out samples at all is amazing.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Tim Friday
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of Tim Friday
I only expressed my opinion about my experience. Oftentimes creators of products are interested in feedback from clients and/or potential clients. I shared my feedback. If David DaVinci is interested in feedback I have now shared mine.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I registered for the Magic Master Summit back on May 4th. In the very first email I received that day, David explained that videos would only be available "for free" for a 24 hour period.

Here's a partial quote from that very first email that he sent:

Quote:
...The Magic Master Summit is a free, online event that will run Monday, July 18 through Friday, July 22nd. New video talks and interviews will be released DAILY – and you can watch from any computer or mobile device that supports video.

To see the presentation schedule, click here:
http://magicmastersummit.com/schedule

Each day of the Summit, you’ll get an email invitation with a link to watch the FREE talks & interviews for that day. The free presentations will be available from 9AM EST until 8:59AM EST the following day, when the NEW daily presentations are released.

Once the Summit begins, we'll email you a link with where to watch the presentations.

(Don’t forget to clear your browser history each day, so you can see the NEW presentations that have been released.)

3. How to get instant access to all the expert talks—to watch at your leisure.

Want to watch all the video interviews and talks, but can’t make it every day?

No problem! We’re working hard on making the entire Magic Master Summit available for purchase, so you can enjoy INSTANT, permanent access to all 30+ video presentations to watch at your leisure.

Reasons to purchase include:
• Watch the entire Summit at your own pace.
• Never miss a single talk due to scheduling conflicts.
• Skip ahead to watch talks that most interest you.
• Replay your favorite talks again the future.
• Listen to the audio MP3s in the car or while you work out or drive to your next gig.
• Download, print & save the transcripts for future reference.
To learn more and purchase the Magic Master Summit digital recordings, stay tuned (we're still getting everything ready)...

So, no bait and switch. The offer was clear from the start, specifically telling us how much access we'd have for free.

Just because someone glossed over that email, or had different expectations, doesn't mean that is good feedback.

- Donald

P.S. This is also the same email where he told you how to download the free bonus files. So, he gave free bonus files for you to keep, as well as free access to listen to some great speakers. The way I look at it -- I have absolutely nothing to complain about, and lots to be thankful for!!!!
Tim Friday
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of Tim Friday
There was one presentation I wanted to see. I did not realize we only got one day to view each video, I get lots of emails everyday as I'm sure many of us do, so I only skimmed the email from the Summit. I do not recall the part about how you only get 24 hours to see each video being in bold anywhere in any of the emails, maybe it was, I cannot recall.

I missed the one presentation I wanted to see. Now I am left feeling penalized and having to pay for the whole course to get to see it. Will I do that? Not likely.

In my opinion, the best marketing results in a transaction is where the customer cheerfully pays for the product. There are many businesses that are set up so the customer feels penalized when they have to pay, and maybe these types of businesses do well, but it is not how I choose to do business.

I will add I did view one of the other presentations that I wanted to see and it was excellent, I am grateful that I got to see one.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I've looked at this event as though it were a online magic convention. What happens at a magic convention if you miss a lecture (because you weren't paying attention to some detail like a schedule, which you had access to)? Well, you miss the lecture. It's not really the convention organizer's fault.

Also, in my opinion, if you were only interested in one or two of the presenters, you are missing out on lots of opportunities to learn.

- Donald
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
To me this is funny as Tim has done nothing but steer many threads to that of information marketing and those "great gurus" he's studied and prefers to listen to than anyone here (who only have much more experience in the exact field this forum is about). Yet this comes along, which is a very common practice these days with selling information (I first talked about being part of several of these two or three years ago) and he yells foul.

Do you really think a promoter would spend the time, effort, and expense to gather over thirty "experts" or better term would be guests, to conduct full 90 -120 interviews and offer all of the contents for free? C'mon, really? It's a marketing tactic and format.

To me this is just another example of the young and naive who are complaining because once again, they are referring and taking about something they know little or nothing about.

To expect someone who works daily in the business as the host/promoter does working cruise ships internationally, to spend thousands of dollars weeks or months of work to offer it all free? Have you never heard the saying "if it sounds too good to be true...". There was no misleading, no scam or fraud, simply the latest method of packaging and selling information. Again, it's knowing the business from the inside, not just the way it appears on the outside. It is EXACTLY the same as entertainment. Do you think (name a band or artist) calls up the local concert hall and says book me to perform? No, a promoter rents the venue, they then book the artist, finds sponsorships, starts marketing, press and promotion, sells tickets, at the event charges for parking, concessions, etc. All for one purpose, to make money! It's a business venture. That's what a promoter does, and that's exactly what the promoter has done here for this offering. To think this info was free for the taking is just as ridiculous as thinking the Rolling Stones would play venue or tour for free.

I believe the term "holier than thou" was used somewhere here recently, this is another example of understanding the difference of when someone is still in the learning phase as opposed to trying to be offering advice and information on something relatively new and unknown to them.

Also, you don't see others complaining. They seem to understand the offering just fine. THIS is what drives people away from here is the novice, uninformed and uneducated offering thoughts and opinions as fact when they clearly do not know the topic being presented. The term almost always refer to when asking why many pros no longer come or participate here is "the know-it-all" kids (novices) that offer incorrect ad misleading advice when in reality they don't know what they're talking about. Glad I could educate you and clear this up. There is no bait and switch (again, learn what you're talking about before slinging accusations), scam or fraud here in any way.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Magic Master Summit (18 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL