The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Genesis 4 by Johnny Wong (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tonsofquestions
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
I just found a new Johnny Wong set on Penguin called "Genesis 4".
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S2137

Does anyone know about it? I haven't seen it advertised, and other than the video/description (which isn't particularly impressive to me), I don't know a lot.

I'm guessing it might be like his STC, but with 4.

What do others think?
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1080 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Says its discontinued?
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

No, looks like just a bad paste on my part. Missed the last digit:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S21373

The description says "the latest in coin magic of 2016 and also includes an enhanced version of Perfect Power 3.", so I hope it's not discontinued yet...
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1080 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Why does Johnny always use the annoying whistle in all his videos?!!! This aside, I'm afraid it doesn't do it for me. I'd stick with the STC personally and go for Ponta the Smith's handling
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
SHAZAAAM!
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of SHAZAAAM!
Annoying whistle aside, those coins look MIGHTY thin...
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2016, SHAZAAAM! wrote:
Annoying whistle aside, those coins look MIGHTY thin...

I think it's the downside. Either each coin is thick and when assembled the coin appears very very thick (e.g., thickness of two coins) or each part is thin, and when assembled, the coin is a thickness of 1 coin.

I guess a 3-coin routine (using STC or the like) would appear more convincing.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

I agree about the whistle. And also on the tradeoff of thin vs overthick coins. I think the slivers look thin, and then the whole coin when he rolls it looks too thick. But that's what you get when you're splitting into 4.

Really, I guess I was just wondering if anyone else had info about this apparently new set that seems to have come about unannounced, but it sounds like no one does.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7039 Posts

Profile of bowers
He can't sing to good so he whistle's.
Yea theres a trade off one way or another.
4 thin coins or one coin that looks too thick.
Generaly Johnnys coins are made very well.
Todd
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1103 Posts

Profile of StarManager
I hate his silly whistle but the Wong makes some great coin ideas. Problem is they are better than most Tango but way below Todd Lassen and once you go Lassen you never want to go anywhere else. That said, Lassen doesn't make this gaff and Wong does. Wong needs to drop the whistle and the snapping of fingers. He needs an HD camera. He needs fresh ideas. But this ONE and his COIN BOMBER are worth the buy IMHO. You will get a LOT of use out of this one is 4,3,2,1 coin. Nothing beats his Coin Bomber. Well - maybe two fists full of TUC's in 64 silver Kennedy's. . . . Look these up on Murphy's Magic and the web to see some mind blowing stuff. Way more to do with Genesis 4 than could be written or showed in the DVD. Obvious bill and card penetrations and reverse matrix routines. But zero to 4 one by one and then 3,2,1, none is pretty solid for one coin and about a 120 degree audience "clean" for most of us! Finally - they are not as thin as some other solutions out there. Worth the price. Hope this helps people with their choices. Jonathan Todd Excelsior
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
magicrick7425
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of magicrick7425
Genesis 4 by Johnny Wong looks great on the video at Penguin Magic.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S21373
It came out in 2016 and there are no bad or good reviews on it. Makes me wonder if anyone has bought a set.
It's hard to see how thin or thick each coin is due to the low quality video he posted. All his videos are low quality. That annoying whistle and snapping his fingers with the same Mexican guitar music is enough to drive anyone nuts. Turn down the sound while watching his videos. I have Perfect Power 3 and like it. This seems like the same trick only with 4 thin pieces.
I also have Trinity Coin Set. It's also pretty good. There are magnets that make the split pieces stick together.
$124.95 is a pretty high price to pay not knowing how thick each piece is.
JonathanW
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of JonathanW
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2017, StarManager wrote:
I hate his silly whistle but the Wong makes some great coin ideas. Problem is they are better than most Tango but way below Todd Lassen and once you go Lassen you never want to go anywhere else. That said, Lassen doesn't make this gaff and Wong does. Wong needs to drop the whistle and the snapping of fingers. He needs an HD camera. He needs fresh ideas. But this ONE and his COIN BOMBER are worth the buy IMHO. You will get a LOT of use out of this one is 4,3,2,1 coin. Nothing beats his Coin Bomber. Well - maybe two fists full of TUC's in 64 silver Kennedy's. . . . Look these up on Murphy's Magic and the web to see some mind blowing stuff. Way more to do with Genesis 4 than could be written or showed in the DVD. Obvious bill and card penetrations and reverse matrix routines. But zero to 4 one by one and then 3,2,1, none is pretty solid for one coin and about a 120 degree audience "clean" for most of us! Finally - they are not as thin as some other solutions out there. Worth the price. Hope this helps people with their choices. Jonathan Todd Excelsior

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S11760 yeah coin bomber is awesome Smile
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

I had someone PM me with some info about it - I'll send you something similar.
I know at least some people have had them - I saw one for sale a while ago, but I agree that his videos bother me, and the instructions aren't much better.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Genesis 4 by Johnny Wong (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL