The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » How do I approach people? (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Paul Budd
View Profile
Veteran user
It's a shame he's only made
383 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
I'm not sure how valuable this is, but I thoughT I'd share: I think one needs to think about/process their physical environs. I work some at a giant haunt park located in Longview, Texas (US). Our resident magician, Brandon...he is clever. The stage (proper) has a few miniature benches just in front, but at the 'back' of the sitting area is a gate/fence. Brandon closes the gate, and stands just inside (very visible)......when customers walk by on the midway, he will chat them up and show them a pretty straight on card trick or two. He THEN opens the gate and invites them inside (so he has built a small tip, to attract attention of other people).....he keeps a table there (in the aisle, essentially) and maybe does a Chop Cup thing or something that gets them reacting. ONLY THEN does he get up on the stage and do BIG STUFF!
His face isn't really this long in-person!
New user
29 Posts

Profile of akashdeep617
The best thing that I came across by experience is that just go with a deck of card in your hand and as you reach the person you want to show the trick to just say, " PICK A CARD" . that's it it's the simple . The thing about asking them that can I show you a magic trick is that you give them an out to say no so by avoiding asking and telling them to do something you overcome that problem . And if they are really busy they will tell you otherwise people who are shy or introvert will just pick the card . And any public place is good . I have reached the spectator in all kinds of awkward situations . And if you want to get a more detailed help just PM me I will be happy to help you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » How do I approach people? (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL