The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Aldo Colombini (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

holytoledo36
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of holytoledo36
Can anybody give me a quick one minute review of any of Aldo's tapes? I really enjoyed his book.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10701 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I'll give you several words, all his material on video (good strong material).

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1588 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Besides, can I ask which tape will have his Oil and Water routines? Or mainly card tricks?

I saw his video set in http://www.mymagic.com for about US$100 (about seven to eight video tapes). If card tricks I want to learn, which tape should I get? Moreover, anywhere can get these video tapes separately?

Thanks for help!
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10701 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Aldo's video Lasting Impressions Volume 4 (Nice Salad). All his video material on card effects are vey strong. I recommend you getting all his video tapes from Mama Mia Magic.

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
mjb16
View Profile
Loyal user
Ossining, New York
208 Posts

Profile of mjb16
I'll second Aldo's material, especially his Nice Salad! I use and perform that all the time. Great oil and water routine. His material is very direct and strong.

Cheers!
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
His best videos are Mama Mia Magic, and Magic Italian Style from A-1 Magicalmedia. They are two of my all-time favorite magic videos. Really top-notch material. Smile
Longhorn
View Profile
New user
Texas
54 Posts

Profile of Longhorn
His Mama Mia Oil and Water is on the Mama Mia tapes. If that is the one you are looking for.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I liked his L&L series. He's a wonderful performer!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4854 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Great practical material on his videos including, cards, rings, ropes, coins, and more. I love his stuff and his style.
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of 1908
Excellent close up effects especially with cards and ropes!
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
I am a very visual learner, and unfortunately, bought Mamma Mia Ropes. I was "very" disappointed.

Does he explain any of his routines on his videos?

Shouldn't this be mentioned in the advertisements?

The companion book is OK, but I buy videos on purpose---to have the trick taught to me. A bit simplistic, but that is what works for me.

Steve
gio
View Profile
Loyal user
Genova - Italy
247 Posts

Profile of gio
Sdgiu,

I have never seen "Mamma Mia Ropes", but I own his "Lasting Impressions" series, and all tricks are explained in the videos. (And I highly recommend those tapes)

Gio
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4909 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
759 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
Aldo's Standing Room Only is great. I think.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I thought standing Room Only was weak compared to his other projects.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Gio,

On the tape I got, Aldo did the actual trick two different ways, and that was it. No explanations. The whole tape was only about seven-and-a-half minutes long. The Guy from Camirand academy who did the introduction and talked at the end was almost on longer.

I think part of why I was so disappointed was that I have seen Aldo advertised and built up for years, and had really looked forward to seeing his work. After such a fantastic buildup, I was expecting 30 minutes to an hour of tricks then explanations.

So in his "Lasting impressions" series, things are explained well? I guess if I get the chance to view it before hand, I'll try again.

Thanks, Gio.

Steve
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
363 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
Yes, they are explained well. You will not be disappointed in the series. They are all on sale at http://www.a1magicalmedia.com under the Specials section.
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Thanks, Jim, I'm headed there now. Can't resist a special, and everybody deserves at least one second chance. Actually, after the second chance I guess would come the third, fourth, fifth, etc., chances. Smile

Steve Smile
gio
View Profile
Loyal user
Genova - Italy
247 Posts

Profile of gio
In "Lasting impressions" the explanations are very detailed. Seven-and-a-half minutes seems like a demo to me.

As far I remember, "Lasting Impressions" tapes are between one-and-a-half hours and two hours in length.

Steve, I'm sure you will not be disappointed! I like Aldo's style a lot. BTW, tell us your opinion when you see these tapes.

Cheers.

Gio
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Aldo Colombini (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL