The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Price? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

xtreme_mixers
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of xtreme_mixers
Since this is to do with buisness I thought I'd post it here. Do any of you know the book, "Magic Menu?" It weighs 3lbs which for shipping costs I would estimate to be $10-$15, and so would a few pros that I know. But this magic shop says that it would cost $25. Do you think they are trying to skank an extra $10-$15 out of me?

PS It's shipping from the shop (America) to me (England)

God bless extreme
Matthew 7:5
You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
procy
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of procy
Sometimes it is difficult with overseas orders, because some companies add postage insurance e.t.c.. and because this is a heavy item it could bump the price up.

Have you thought of trying a UK based shop? I have had a quick search on some of the sites and Magic books by post have it listed for £32. I believe this will include postage

Their url is http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/magicbooks/

Hope that helps

Simon
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
I just sent something to England today less than 1 lb and it was U.S.$5.60. If it weighed more I would have had to send it priority mail and that was US$9.90 minimum.

Sounds about right what they quoted.

Peter
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
You could get on a US post office web site and check it out for yourself. They give rates on mailing any where in the world. And it only takes like 2 minutes
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Price? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL