The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Quick pick magic...legit?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
I was scanning through this magic site and saw some coin gimmicks which were particularly cheap... Around £10 for a 10p ex*****ed sh**l whereas most shops have it for around £20..

I checked where thus store is based and its based in London... Can anyone tell me if they have had experience with this shop and if its "legit"

Here is a a link

http://quickpickmagic.com/?product=10p-e......ry-offer

Thanks
Sleepy
tomd
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of tomd
Never heard of them, but I would "shell" out the extra tenner to avoid the risk. Pun intended.
MJE
View Profile
Elite user
After all these years,I STILL have only
409 Posts

Profile of MJE
It could be someone new coming into the picture. The only issue there is that coin products are a very precise kind of item. We all know who makes the good stuff, so these guys will need to get out there showing us what they've got. The video link doesn't work and there are zero reviews. Maybe it's great product, but we just need to see it in action first, I would think.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Well..I gave them a shot...they dispatched my item last Friday and it still hasn't came...Ive now contacted them via email...

Sleepy
nbuzza
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of nbuzza
Hi - I have purchased quite a bit from them - around 30-4 coins in 4-5 different orders and all have been very good.
Nathan Buzza

Illuminati Magic
www.illuminati-magic.com
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2016, nbuzza wrote:
Hi - I have purchased quite a bit from them - around 30-4 coins in 4-5 different orders and all have been very good.

Yes I received my order from them....but I've got to say the quality was terrible....the sh**l was just poorly made .....anyone could see it was not a normal sh**l....it looked dodgy and it would not have worked for my routine....I wouldn't buy from this company...

Sleepy
Dave Nic
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
244 Posts

Profile of Dave Nic
Dragging up an old thread..

Does anyone have any further information on this company?

It seems difficult to find Australian coins for magic generally. These guys offer them.

If you purchased from them before do you mind letting me know what you thought the quality of workmanship was like? I'm specifically looking at ordering a folding coin.

Cheers,

Dave.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I've just ordered some items
- Coin Thru Brass Box mini (EURO 5c)
- Coin Unique (EURO 50 c - 5c)

and will let you know once I received them.
Goldfield
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveller
388 Posts

Profile of Goldfield
Purchased various currencies with no issue. Have been using the gaffs for years now
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love & be loved in return.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Just received my items.

- Coin Unique (EURO 50c - 5c) is perfect, excellent quality
- Coin Thru Brass Box mini (EURO 5c) is missing the gimmicked coin. I have send an e-mail and wait for a response and gimmicked coin. I will let you guys know how things work out.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Ok guys, I feel a bit silly here ... .

No, I did not get an e-mail back from Quickpickmagic, however I did read the manual very thoroughly (English is not my mothertongue) and after close examination of the props (and some serious 'shaking' and 'tapping' the box on the table from all sides Smile ) it seems the gimmicked coin was there afterall ... I must say so well hidden I never saw it, which is, of course the whole point of the trick!

In other words the two tricks are both EXCELLENT quality.

So from my experience I can say
- the quality is excellent
- the time between ordering and receiving it was about two weeks, which is acceptable but certainly not what is considered 'normal' thesedays (shipping within Europe? I wonder ... )
- the manual is brief but well written.
- After two e-mails (one about the delivery time, one about the 'missing' coin) I never got a response for either of them however ... which can be a problem when you have a faulty item or something is missing ... .
HofzinsersFan
View Profile
New user
Scotland
81 Posts

Profile of HofzinsersFan
It's funny I found this thread after googling on general exp sh info and have only just received my ex. Sh from the same people selling on Amazon last week.
I must say the quality is very good (in my limited experience!). Not £100 worth quality but definitely a usable gimmick in this beginners opinion. No one I've shown a simple effect to this week has even looked at or guessed at it being a gimmick. It isn't obvious looking and doesn't look stretched or anything. It's a snug fit too.
I then got a folding coin and to my happiness this functions really well and you can do the Blaine style bitten and restored coin effect and it looks great.
What an amazing price these are!
So um yeah, I recommend this seller based on these two coin gimmicks. Gimmick coins? However you say it Smile
Smile
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

.Smile What do you mean you don't read?

You need to read FITZKEE
- Dick Oslund, 2019.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Quick pick magic...legit?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL