The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Street Magic for the first time - my results (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fab1an
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of fab1an
Hello guys!

I am new to this forum and quite new to Magic in general. I have practiced really hard the past weeks and performed for family and friends.
Today was the first day that I went to the city to show complete strangers some magic.

So how did I approach people? This answer is easy: I didn't. I performed a floating bill trick in a well known local mall, that's all I had to do to gather
the attention of some people. A lot of people went by just looking, some groups went by, noticed me and freaked out.

Some people came my way, stopped for a moment and started talking to me. I had 2 different groups stopping by and I performed some more magic for them:
French Kiss by Wayne Houchin and Double Cross by Mark Southworth. Sometimes I borrowed a bill from them to show them the floating bill with their money.

After that I went to my local Starbucks and ordered a drink there while I performed the floating bill. The cashier freaked out, asked me to do it again and asked her co-worker to come over and watch.

Overall I am very pleased with this day. I had a blast and I am happy that everything went well!

There is just one thing I am not happy with: that I didn't actively approach strangers myself. I wanted to do that and I didn't have the guts to do it.
Hopefully I have the confidence to do it next time.

Why am I posting this? I hope you guys have some more tips for me on how to approach strangers. And do you have something in mind that I could have
done better?

Anyways, I hope that some newcomers in magic can get some inspiration from this post and go out performing for other people, its really cool!

I wish you all the best
fabian
fyi2
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of fyi2
Well done Fabian.
fab1an
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of fab1an
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2016, fyi2 wrote:
Well done Fabian.

Thank you for your reply!

I will try again next week and hopefully I will have the guts to go and actively approach some people!
Mike Gilbert
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of Mike Gilbert
I'd say you did a great job for your first outing! As far as improving your interaction with people...it'll come in time. You don't have a problem talking with them when they approach you, so just take it a day at a time and it will all even out in the end. At the same time, there's nothing wrong with not approaching people. As long as you're getting their attention, and they're approaching you...you've won! Just keep honing your craft, and you'll be fine.
-Mike Gilbert Smile

"Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance."- Steven Pressfield
fab1an
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of fab1an
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2016, Mike Gilbert wrote:
I'd say you did a great job for your first outing! As far as improving your interaction with people...it'll come in time. You don't have a problem talking with them when they approach you, so just take it a day at a time and it will all even out in the end. At the same time, there's nothing wrong with not approaching people. As long as you're getting their attention, and they're approaching you...you've won! Just keep honing your craft, and you'll be fine.

Thank you for your reply! I will take it a day at a time and work - there is still SO much to improve and learn!
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Congrats and the courage comes with time
JasperLee
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of JasperLee
Great job! The floating bill is such an eye candy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Street Magic for the first time - my results (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL