The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians » » What's Going On? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
As of last December, MAGIC magazine had a circulation of just over 5,000. This information is printed in the magazine per government regulations for those who use 2nd class periodical mail.

And ... I also signed up for the 25 issues of MAGIC Legacy.
Doug Trouten
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
471 Posts

Profile of Doug Trouten
They're offering a free copy of "Square One" as a bonus for "the first 10,000 to subscribe." If the circulation of MAGIC was just over 5,000, then I like my odds of getting the free book!
It's still magic even if you know how it's done.
Terry Pratchett
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
I purchased mine.
MAGIC was my first magazine I bought many years ago at Barry's Magic Shop here in MD (sadly, closed...)

I was "Hooked"!

Barry was amazing and as a bonus to my amazement, he gave me a copy of MAGIC.

That feeling of excitement is a great feeling so I am again excited for this.

Looking forward to it with excitement! Smile
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
I just signed myself too
dunraven
View Profile
Regular user
Austin, TX
124 Posts

Profile of dunraven
This is a great marketing plan and while the run may be truly ending, I must say I am reminded of Cher's farewell concert . . . all 8 of them. Regardless, I'm signed up!
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
596 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Just got my copy of Square One in the mail today.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Me too. I had almost forgot it was coming. Smile good timing though, I am a little east of Pittsburgh and there are thunderstorm warnings for tonight so I will be reading thru it instead of watching TV.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
A nice read, wide assortment of effects but the Essay's are awesome and still hold true today (possibly even more). I can't wait until the "Legacy Volumes" come out.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
596 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2016, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Me too. I had almost forgot it was coming. Smile good timing though, I am a little east of Pittsburgh and there are thunderstorm warnings for tonight so I will be reading thru it instead of watching TV.

I'm west of Pittsburgh (right next to the airport), saving the book for later this week. I'm still going thru the stuff from the Michael Ammar lecture from last week.
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
Bummer news about Legacy, I'm sad. I was a new subscriber, and really looking forward to it.
MagieFraudster
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of MagieFraudster
I literally subscribed the day before Legacy was announced. So the product I ordered doesn't exist anymore and I now have to give them more than double what I paid to get something, which I pay them grudgingly, and now they announce that it's not happening at all. Bummer doesn't even begin to describe it.
Ramius
View Profile
New user
Tulsa, OK
82 Posts

Profile of Ramius
I was a newbie myself, and subscribed to Legacy. Disappointed as well. For those wondering what we're talking about, see the video here: http://www.magicmagazine.com/w/
dunraven
View Profile
Regular user
Austin, TX
124 Posts

Profile of dunraven
Same here. Glad I didn't pay it all in advance!
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2016, schramek wrote:
Same here. Glad I didn't pay it all in advance!

Why? We are getting full refunds.
Doug Trouten
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
471 Posts

Profile of Doug Trouten
This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but a whimper.
Terry Pratchett
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
I haven't subscribed to MAGIC for many years. I was looking forward to this. Too bad more of the magic community didn't support it.
MJE
View Profile
Elite user
After all these years,I STILL have only
409 Posts

Profile of MJE
I wouldn't be concerned about the refund being delayed. Give the guy a chance. He's always been honest with us. I imagine he's really hurting over this decision, while realizing that it had to be made.
Doug Trouten
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
471 Posts

Profile of Doug Trouten
I have every confidence that Stan will provide the promised refund. And I would be willing to trade my refund for a digital archive of the full run of the magazine on DVD. That would be a great legacy!
Terry Pratchett
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Yes, it would be great if the entire collection could be offered as a download. Something not tied to a web service. Of course, the problem with that is piracy.
manananmaclir
View Profile
New user
Port Hadlock
60 Posts

Profile of manananmaclir
Major bummer that he was not able to pull it off, but delivering the news in person via a video lessened the blow a bit. I wonder what it would have taken to make it a go.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians » » What's Going On? (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL