The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sudo Nimh and eclipse (80 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1427 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Frank, PM me with the ownership answer and I'll send you a link there. Should be fine now.
Magic which awakens and nourishes the divine spirit in man encourages the growth of true humanity, in contrast to the materialistic outlook which binds man to the earth.

Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2470 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
I'll chime in too. I've used Atlas' b-day divination (in addition to Isabella's Star) for quite a while now and love it. This is the most direct version I've seen. Sudo's contribution is quite generous and is sure to get a lot of use from those who see its value. Some very clever thinking there. Congrats.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1427 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Thanks so much for the appreciation guys. I have my own personal reasons for sharing this freely, but hearing that it is finding favor with people really makes me happy.

Keep an eye out. I've got a lot more I'll be sharing with time. Smile
Magic which awakens and nourishes the divine spirit in man encourages the growth of true humanity, in contrast to the materialistic outlook which binds man to the earth.

Waters.
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Waters.
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2016, Steven Keyl wrote:
I'll chime in too. I've used Atlas' b-day divination (in addition to Isabella's Star) for quite a while now and love it. This is the most direct version I've seen. Sudo's contribution is quite generous and is sure to get a lot of use from those who see its value. Some very clever thinking there. Congrats.

Could not agree more fully. This is fantastic. Thanks Sudo
Follow the link...
www.experience-architecture.com
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1427 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Thank-you, too! Smile

Seriously, some great backroom chats with folks here.

gillesA4
View Profile
Elite user
Brussels, Belgium
482 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
Good day, Sudo!
I must have missed something, what do you mean by the ownership answer???
Oh, all these coins on the floor, around me...
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1427 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Ownership answer: When you ask the girl to marry and she says yes. Inevitably somebody gets owned, either you or her!

On a more serious note and other world news...

It's explained a few posts above gillesA4.

Good day to you too! Smile

RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1174 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
I was honored to receive a copy of this. Big fan of IS and have used it many times. Have not performed this version yet...but...I think this simplifies it greatly, and it has less verbal judo and "issues" than the original. So much easier to use than the original, but I don't see how it compromises any of the impact of the original. I have to admit that I like it very much.

Great job, Sudo, and thanks for sharing with me.

Star#24...
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1427 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
No problem, and you're welcome.

eric6
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of eric6
Hello Sudo
This is a great idea which streamlines the IS process.
Thanks again
Eric
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1427 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2016, eric6 wrote:
This is a great idea which streamlines the IS process.
Thanks again
Eric

You're welcome Eric!

I think it's important to note though, that this isn't a "streamline" of the original process. It's a new process. There are no anagrams, verbal judo (as Red Devil coins it), or remaining variables in this. You simply tell them their birthday. That's it. Or at least, that's how it's remembered by the spectators. Some people are referring to the "statement" as a simple question. That is an entirely different mindset.

When I perform this, it's definitely a "statement".

Both of these routines start with the same departure point and the destination point is also the same. But while we both travel over the same terrain to the destination, the method of travel is different.

Adam Hince
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
479 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
Smart thinking here. Sudo's post directly above puts this nicely. While I'm not certain this will replace my current favorite handling of Isabella Star from IS2, this is some clever thinking. With a very small procedure, you're able to very easily reveal the spectator's birthday. Well done, Mr. Nimh!

Regards,

Adam
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1311 Posts

Profile of bond19
Hi Sudo

I'm a huge fan of IS and would love to read your thoughts on this. I've tried PM but your box is full

Cheers 🍻
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
This is good. Simple compared to some propless methods. I like it a lot but need more practice before trying it out.

Thanks for sharing Sudo
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1427 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
You're welcome Sean!

@Bond19: There's room in my inbox now. Be sure to include the ownership answer and I'll be happy to send it along.

merricksforge
View Profile
New user
Asheville, NC
74 Posts

Profile of merricksforge
A nice straight-to-the-point variation of IS!
Psychic Escape
Man has an invincible inclination to allow himself to be deceived and is, as it were, enchanted with happiness when the rhapsodist tells him epic fables as if they were true, or when the actor in the theater acts more royally than any real king. So long as it is able to deceive without injuring, that master of deception, the intellect, is free; it is released from its former slavery and celebrates its Saturnalia. It is never more luxuriant, richer, prouder, more clever and more daring. - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
I was lucky enough to get a copy of this as well. This is very do-able and pretty straight forward. I will definitely be using this in the future.
Nick Singh
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
133 Posts

Profile of Nick Singh
Sudo, here's a huge thanks for sending me Eclipse. It is excellent. I've been performing IS by using Michael Murrays C**s to get the month and this will be my back up plan if I am ever unsure.
Magician and Emcee in Singapore - www.nick.com.sg
Youtube channel of travel videos and podcasts - www.youtube.com/user/blackchilliwing/videos
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1427 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
You're welcome guys.

Luccky
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Luccky
Hi Sudo,

I've answered the ownership question 3 days ago but I've no reply from your part. Did you receive my mail ?

Best,

Luccky
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sudo Nimh and eclipse (80 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL