The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Breaking a two year streak (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
As the title shows. I've spent the last two years, playing with my toys, writing in my notebooks and reading and posting here. Everything except going out and actually showing anybody anything!

Today I broke that streak (my last streak was in the late 80's early 90's and ran about TEN years! At 60, I don't have a lot of ten year streaks left in me.) I only went out for a short while and didn't make very much, but it was more about just getting out there again.

Upside, the pizza parlor I work outside of had a group of kids in the window and they were thrilled to watch what I was doing.

A side trip. I made up a letter of intent with a copy of my license from the city and took them over to the Roger Williams Carousel Village and left it with the manager. While the Park itself is public property, the zoo and the carousel are licensed commercial areas. The carousel changed hands about three years ago and the manager said he wasn't certain he wanted me there. So I made a case and I'll call him back later in the week.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Emilio5639
View Profile
New user
San Diego, CA
55 Posts

Profile of Emilio5639
Congratson going out there, I'm sure the ones that stopped by enjoyed your show.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Yeah, got a couple of couples. Problem is, where I like to work is kinda narrow with the tables out on the sidewalk. It's hard to get a group of people to stop. I SHOULD go down to the college book store, more room. But I wouldn't have the kids in the window to play off of. I like those kids.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Just depends on what you want out of this. The money or the fun with the window kids. Not saying you can't have both
D. Yoder
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of D. Yoder
Good for you, Ed. I have been reading your posts over the years and am glad you are back out there.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Thanks D. It felt good even if it was very short. Weather forecast fri & sun (my days off this week) are scattered t-storms. Smile
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Friday and Sunday are my next two days off. Each day is supposed to be 95+ with 80%+ humidity and chances of passing thunderstorms.

I don't know how you guys in Vegas and Florida or New Orleans do it, but I am NOT going to be going out there this weekend!

Yowch!

(Basically, we got everything negative about living in Orlando and no Disney.)
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2016, ed rhodes wrote:
Friday and Sunday are my next two days off. Each day is supposed to be 95+ with 80%+ humidity and chances of passing thunderstorms.

I don't know how you guys in Vegas and Florida or New Orleans do it, but I am NOT going to be going out there this weekend!

Yowch!

(Basically, we got everything negative about living in Orlando and no Disney.)

I hear you. It's been 90 and 90% humidity in NY. Nothing attractive about standing there drenched in sweat.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Hey Ed,
let me get this straight.
You were 'streaking' for two years(!).
wow man,..
through the New England winters,
as well!

hey,..
I want to see pictures!

Glad you're back to Magic(!).,...
altho,
you probably don't have as many fans(!). 😊

Keep sharing your tales,
I enjoy your stories.
gallagher
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Breaking a two year streak (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL