The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » How Betallic could bury Qualatex tomorrow (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

R2D2
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of R2D2
If one of the two major balloon manufacturers started selling their balloons all aligned instead of mixed up loosely in a bag, I think it'd be very hard for any balloon twister to resist.

Taking those balloons out, lining them up, wrapping them, and putting a rubber band around them is boring!

I'm sure they've thought about this, and it's probably not cost effective. Smile
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
I'd still go for the better balloon, which right now is Betallic BY FAR.

I just watch videos while sorting out my orders.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
R2D2
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of R2D2
Yep, I agree about Betallic. I was amazed at a recent conference to hear so many people express the opposite opinion. I just can't see how there could be so much disagreement about something seemingly straightforward.

Good idea about doing this while I watch videos. Though I do need some of that time to practice my Elmsley counts!
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
I've switched to B's for everything except neon colors. Their neons slip too much.

I think the bias for Qualatex is just because people are used to them. Lately though they have had some serious quality issues. Twins and triplets, pinholes, weak necks resulting in popping on trying to inflate. I know that I can try to get a refund but it's too much of a hassle
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I have never tried Betallic, as they are not available over here. But I use Sempterex, and find them far better than Qualatex.
R2D2
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of R2D2
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2016, TonyB2009 wrote:
I have never tried Betallic, as they are not available over here. But I use Sempterex, and find them far better than Qualatex.

I think Betallic and Sempertex are the same thing. (Correct me if I'm wrong though.)
Robynhood
View Profile
Regular user
Charleston, SC
166 Posts

Profile of Robynhood
Sempertex and Betallic are the same company. And Yes! it is frustrating at conventions when Qualatex is the big dog but their balloons have been getting thinner. B's are thicker, longer, and the colors are brighter. I used nothing but Q's for 4 years and after 1 bag of B's I switched completely over within 3 months. This is not personal to the company or the wonderful people who are sponsored by them. I just simply see the quality is better.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
R2D2
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of R2D2
Holy moly. I'd like to think I had something to do with this. Smile

This is great news.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
You called it.

I'm gonna try to make the Dec 5th jam, if I'm not too ho ho ho'ed out.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7377 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Qualitex just announced their Q-Paks on Facebook. All lined up in the same direction, bag has perforated top for easy opening, in packs of 50, etc. Available starting March 2017.

Here's a link to a spec sheet (PDF file).

http://www.qualatex.com/downloads/catalo......heet.pdf

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
alergy
View Profile
New user
Derby, UK
25 Posts

Profile of alergy
I haven't seen the Sempertex 50 pack in the UK
Liked Holly Hopper reviewing them in the limited set of colours

I've been to the Qualatex website, will the Q-Paks be available in the UK?
Catalog pdf looks promising
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7377 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
On Facebook, someone from Qualitex said that the Q-Paks would be launched in the USA first. So, you'll have to check with your local supplier to see if & when they'll be available in other countries.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Thorn (UK)
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
52 Posts

Profile of Thorn (UK)
I've been using Qualatex for years but I've had major issues with the quality recently, so I've been keeping a casual eye out for an alternative.
How does the Betallic/Sempterex range compare to Qualatex in terms of colours, shapes and sizes?
R2D2
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of R2D2
I would just make the switch and then buy Q for the few shapes/sizes that B is missing. In fact, the only balloons I can think of that B doesn't have that I need is the agate rounds, the alien heads, and the ninja heads.
Thorn (UK)
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
52 Posts

Profile of Thorn (UK)
Before I start trawling the web for an hour, could anyone point me to an inexpensive supplier of Betallics in the UK?
R2D2
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of R2D2
Https://www.larocksmagic.com

edit: oh oops, I just noticed that you said uk. I don't know the answer in that case.
alergy
View Profile
New user
Derby, UK
25 Posts

Profile of alergy
Bought some Anagram balloons
Gentian Blue and Poppy Red (All packs of x100)

I hadn't noticed if the 260s were all alligned - I just tipped them out ready to wrap and load

But I hesitated when I realised that the 160s and 360s were all alligned correctly - Not sure if this is standard
Or was I really lucky?
Has anyone else noticed this?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » How Betallic could bury Qualatex tomorrow (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL