The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Tied for 1st at my first shooting competition (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
A couple of weeks ago I saw an guy I used to work with. Hadn't seen each other in about 8 years, and a few days later we went to lunch.

Turns out that he takes part in a shooting competition using Glocks, and he invited me to take part. I started shooting about 1.5 years ago, and go to the range fairly frequently. For the last couple of months I've been practicing mostly on shooting accurately at a pace of about 1 round per second, which I thought might be helpful.

Went to the shoot and met a lot of very friendly people, so that was great. After we all shot, one of the staff calls my name and gives me a "500 Club" patch...which I knew must have been a good thing, but I didn't really know what it signified other than I must have hit some sort of benchmark.

Today I got an email with that days' results, along with info about the next session. It turns out I was in a 3-way tie for first place out of a field of 42 people. The top 3 people had "500" by their name, and I was one of them. Could have knocked me over with a feather!

It was pretty interesting. You shoot as you normally would, then with your non-dominant hand, then with your dominant hand by itself (holding the pistol with only 1 hand).
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Smile WAY TO GO! Smile Smile
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Great job!
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Congratulations!
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Nice shootin partner!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Looks like you have found your game.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
Reckon we need to start callin' you "Deadeye"
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Tied for 1st at my first shooting competition (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL