The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Double Face Super Triple Coin (DFSTC) differences (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

skyfire
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of skyfire
I recently seen the DFSTC at a local Magic Show and liked how they looked and handled. But as all Magic Shows my money ran out before I filled my wish list. I searched the Internet for the DFSTC, and I see a big differences in price for a set. I also saw good and bad reviews on these. After researching I ended up with three questions.

1) Are the Johnny Wong and Paul Richards DFSTC the same coins? (Their price range was my max)

2) I see a difference of as much as $70.00 in these sets online. Has anyone seen the difference between the less and more expensive sets, is it huge?

I imagine the last question can apply to any magic bought. (May even be a separate question)

3) I see magic coming out of China using all the marketing and Brand that the Inventors use, if I purchase the DFSTC at a well known online store, how do I know if they didn't just buy the least expensive set from China.
jmagic
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of jmagic
All original coin sets directly from Johnny Wong are available at www.joemogar.com
Also these coins are at discount prices.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5115 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
If you prefer the clad versions, direct from Paul Richards is the best way to go. I really like Joe Mogar and bought mine (it was a Walker though) from him but two of my friends bought the clad sets (one a Kennedy and one an Ike) and with Paul, they are legit Wong sets. They also come with an extra dvd with Paul's handling and routine. It is 100% better than any routine you will find on the Wong dvd that comes normally with the set. Paul made a deal with Mr Wong to add his DVDs only with a purchase thru him (and he won't sell it unless you but the whole set from him)

I suggest you get it from Paul if you want a clad set. If you want a real silver (Walker or Morgan) go with Joe Mogar (and make friends with someone who bought a clad set from Paul). Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3162 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Joe Mogar has the Eisenhower sets at good price too. Pleasure to deal with too
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
Element 80
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Element 80
I am looking to pick up a Morgan STC from Joe but am concerned about the edge seams being obvious. I have the Eisenhower version and the seams are less noticeable due to the copper/nickel clad. Anyone have experience with a Morgan STC or better yet double face STC?
jmagic
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of jmagic
You should have no problems with the Morgan Set. double face adds only a sticker, so again no problem
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1018 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Have you seen JJs Coin Coalition? His set does use stickers at all, and therefore eliminates the sticking issue which I found when using the Johnny Wong set? Here’s a little video of me using the set....

https://youtu.be/o7GEnrA3LYc
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5115 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2017, simplymagicweb wrote:
Have you seen JJs Coin Coalition? His set does use stickers at all, and therefore eliminates the sticking issue which I found when using the Johnny Wong set? Here’s a little video of me using the set....

https://youtu.be/o7GEnrA3LYc

+1 (even after my above post). I got a set of JJ's and would never look back at this point.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
griz326
View Profile
New user
Eureka, Montana
94 Posts

Profile of griz326
That was quite nice, Sean.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Double Face Super Triple Coin (DFSTC) differences (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL