The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Word's Greatest Business Card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2016, Carl Andrews wrote:
Thanks Donald, I have not been on here for awhile but the message has been answered and no server is needed. The App is selling very well and has received rave reviews although not in this forum Smile I understand it's not for everyone but those who use it love it. The App is simple and easy for laypeople to use and enjoy. I understand it may not fit everyone's taste or fashion while others find it very valuable. To each their own. Howie, great business card!

Thanks Carl, and I'm pleased to read that your app is successful and becoming more popular.

Buzz
cafecheckers
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of cafecheckers
Howie - I recall seeing your original posts about your bus several years ago. My brother and I were very intrigued by it. I am glad to see it is still serving you well. With respect to its' utility as a "business card", I wonder if you have ever done a cost/benefit analysis and if so, if you would be willing to share your conclusions.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
As for branding I doubt it is in the price range for many, but it is a great idea.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
RobertSmith
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of RobertSmith
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2016, Dannydoyle wrote:
Problem with Howie's card is that it is tough to fit in your wallet!

But you have to admit, it's definitely...memorable.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
The bus was purchase by cash so there is no monthly payment, my only expense is insurance, oil changes and fuel. Since I rebuilt the engine and transmission when I purchased it, I have not had a single problem with the mechanical or electrical components.

Children are not allowed on the bus; the bus is considered as an attraction for inclusion in local parades, used as a mobile billboard and as a backdrop for my large outdoor magic shows.

The bus is equipped with a custom built rabbit cage that is air cooled with provisions for food and water; the rabbit is displayed and brings a lot of attention when parked

In conclusion, I feel I am hijacking Carl's thread so back to carl's app
RobertSmith
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of RobertSmith
Quote:
On Sep 3, 2016, Howie Diddot wrote:
The bus was purchase by cash so there is no monthly payment, my only expense is insurance, oil changes and fuel. Since I rebuilt the engine and transmission when I purchased it, I have not had a single problem with the mechanical or electrical components.

Children are not allowed on the bus; the bus is considered as an attraction for inclusion in local parades, used as a mobile billboard and as a backdrop for my large outdoor magic shows.

The bus is equipped with a custom built rabbit cage that is air cooled with provisions for food and water; the rabbit is displayed and brings a lot of attention when parked

In conclusion, I feel I am hijacking Carl's thread so back to carl's app

So when the rabbit is displayed it attracts a lot of kids over to the bus to see the rabbit. And the rabbit is right next to the door of the bus. I bet that makes it easy to get things on and off the bus, like the rabbit, when it's time for the show.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
The photo I posto just happened to have the doors open while I took the photo.

The rabbit is left in the display area when I am not performing and parked on the street with the doors closed so kids can look at the rabbit as the parents pick my card up out of the card case mounted near the door.

Here is a photo I took from a distance to illustrate my point.

Here is a photo of a family that stared at the rabbit the entire time they were having breakfast at a restaurant I was eating in.

RobertSmith
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of RobertSmith
Wow. So you can attract adults too.

You clearly thought this out.
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Magicians be sure to check out my new custom iPhone/iPad App. Just updated with a fresh facelift. http://carlandrews.com/custommagicapp.html

"Beautiful work, brilliant! BIG Thanks!
— Marc Salem

"Thanks for the great App Carl!
What a brilliant new marketing idea - it's the only 'business card' I'll ever need Smile"
— Tim Ellis

"Carl I love my Magic App not only is it a cool magic giveaway at my shows but it puts my website in front of hundreds more people a month.
And I never have to worry about a client losing my Business card because it's on their phone
Thank you again," — Erick Olson

"Carl's new magic app is fantastic! The interactive effects are easy to do yet baffling for the user. Being able to tell people that you have a free app is impressive and the best part is they will share it with their friends!" — Tony Brent, Outta Control Magic Comedy Dinner Show
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Word's Greatest Business Card (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL