The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Jump-O-Ring - ring and rope magic (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5322 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Dick he at least owes you a coffee! Maybe even a latte'!!!

Kjellstrom's version of this merits attention. It is a pack flat and play big type of prop. It is almost self-working. It does take a performer to turn the routine into a fun, magical, performance piece or as I always say it takes a personality to turn it into a personality piece!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8642 Posts

Profile of funsway
I'll get this just to show appreciation for Kjellstrom's contributions to Café' threads over the years. Might even perform it some day in combination with other Ring-on-Rope effects.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4909 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Thanks for all nice comments, the best thing in my magic world was to be introduced to the Magic Café, this forum is very fun and helped me to be a better magician. Thanks Peter Loughran, Canada: http://www.masterofillusions.ca/ who send me the link to the magic Café a long time ago - May 12, 2002. I owe you a dollar Peter!
Ray Ouellette
View Profile
Regular user
Ottawa, Canada
112 Posts

Profile of Ray Ouellette
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2002, Kjellstrom wrote:
I have done this effect uncountable times and I still do it because the audience loves it. Simple magic with great impact.
The big difference in method is that you can show the rope with only three knots in the start of the routine. Charles Bertrams routine depends on the cover of the slip knot in the beginning. This could be very uncomfortable. I think its important to be very clear in the approach to the audience.
You let the spectator check the knots out in the beginning of the routine which makes the whole experience more powerful. When they know the rope and knots are real they will feel a breeze of amazement when the effect happens!

I have this routine and it is indeed good and well worth the asking price to be sure. But it is examinable at the beginning in exactly the same way as the Bertram routine
"Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice"
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4909 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2014, Ray Ouellette wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2002, Kjellstrom wrote:
I have done this effect uncountable times and I still do it because the audience loves it. Simple magic with great impact.
The big difference in method is that you can show the rope with only three knots in the start of the routine. Charles Bertrams routine depends on the cover of the slip knot in the beginning. This could be very uncomfortable. I think its important to be very clear in the approach to the audience.
You let the spectator check the knots out in the beginning of the routine which makes the whole experience more powerful. When they know the rope and knots are real they will feel a breeze of amazement when the effect happens!

I have this routine and it is indeed good and well worth the asking price to be sure. But it is examinable at the beginning in exactly the same way as the Bertram routine

Thanks. It´s nice that you enjoy my ropemagic. In the future I will publish more...fun magic.

http://www.lybrary.com/jumporing-p-489217.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Jump-O-Ring - ring and rope magic (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL