The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Warren Hamilton Dancing Cane (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Warren Hamilton was well-known for his finely crafted apparatus. In his article titled "Warren Hamilton--Master Magic Maker" (published in the December 2008 issue of _Linking Ring_) Tim Aragon wrote:
-----quote-----
Hamilton used only marine plywood for his apparatus because of its strength and ability to withstand muggy Florida summers without warping. His Dancing Cane was made only of Alaskan Cedar for the same reasons.
-----unquote-----

In that same December 2008 LR article, Tim Aragon wrote:
-----quote-----
Magic made regularly by Warren included JoAnne rhe Card Duck, JoAnne's Countey Cousin (a plaid version of the duck), Dancing Cane, Color Changing Fan, three sizes of the Square Circle, Westgate Bowl Production, the Silk Cabby (Caddy), and Yogi Bear (a Forgetful Freddie type of trick).
-----unquote-----

I'm surprised that "Dancing Cane) is included in the list of "Magic made regularly by Warren." Having worked in magic stores from the 1960's to the 2000's, I am familiar with just about all of the Warren Hamilton products listed in that LR article _except for the dancing cane_. I would love to hear more about what the cane was like and whether it was ever advertised in any magic magazines. For that matter, did Warren Hamilton himself publish a catalog of his products? I've never heard of such a catalog, but he must have sent out a wholesale price list of his products to magic dealers like Haines House of Cards, Tannen, Abbott etc.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Warren Hamilton Dancing Cane (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL