The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Justin Miller LIVE: Sunday Sep 11th @7:00pm Eastern. (Penguin LIVE) (37 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
Justin Miller LIVE: Sunday Sep 11th @7:00pm Eastern. (Penguin LIVE) SUPPORT LIVE MAGIC.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7343

"Wow, this guy is really good! Not only did you continue to fry me with your clever methods, but the way you engage your audience is so natural..I am a Justin Miller fan!" - Barrie Richardson

"I purchase almost everything Justin puts out. His thinking is offbeat, his ideas are amazing, and it is all practical. I love practical. So I love Justin. He is headed toward the top of mental thinkers. His lecture will be a revelation"- Marc Salem

"Justin Miller knows how to choreograph effects to create the strongest mystery and elicit the biggest reactions, better than any other performer I have ever seen"- Bill Abbott

"Justin is easily one of today's most prolific thinkers and innovators" - Bobby Motta

What will be teach?
F.A.T.E: A game of random events turns out to be predicted BEFORE they happen. No gimmicks! No forces! They choose everything.

A Peek In time: APIT will allow you to get a peek of a drawing or a name IN REAL TIME..right in front of your audience. A BEST SELLER!

ENVY: A bank night routine where you NEVER touch the envelopes. The bill is borrowed.They get all the choices. No force of any kind. And as a kicker you correctly predict the last 4 of teh serial number of a borrowed bill. AND it can be performed ACROSS THE ROOM!

Mental-Drop: Finally my award winning effect c-drop get's a mental facelift

Pure thought: A totally made up card is found to be the only one in a deck of blank cards..or is it? No gimmicks! 100 percent mind numbing mentalism with ZERO CARDS!

AND

UTOPIA
Writing on the Wall
Theory, advice and so much more!

Who is he?
Justin is sought after the world over as a creator of mentalism demonstrations, and many of his ideas have been seen on National Television like Wizard Wars on SyFy and America's Got Talent, Movies and Commercials. He has consulted for some of the biggest magic/mentalism names and magic companies in the community and his effects are performed all over the world!
MichaelMann
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of MichaelMann
I absolutely love Penguin lectures but it's hard to support one by Justin Miller. He has ripped off so many magicians. I have to boycott this one. I hope others will too. We need to send the magic community a message about this guy.

MM
Magicalos
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
I agree penguin lectures are great! however, not this one. Im really surprised that penguin picked up this 'magician' since all the real magicians out there hate him hes now forced to use 'mentialist' as his title...with that logic it should be 'scam artist' since he scams everybody all the time. Wonder if people that have been scammed by him will pirate this lecture? I would find it ironic if more pirates pirated it that real people paid for it, since his 'magicians against piracy' campaign failed about as much as his magic career LOL.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4674 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
First Brian Bushwood, now Justin Miller. What week will we be seeing "The Masked Magician"? and how about a montage of YouTube "Reveal Channels"?
This is why I refuse to "Subscribe" to their lectures. You get a few gems but a lot of rocks and sand in between.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Infographicmagicreviews
View Profile
New user
Nelson
77 Posts

Profile of Infographicmagicreviews
Where did Justin go all this time? Enjoyed his Bold project. Hope he's got new things in the store this time.
jamo425
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of jamo425
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2016, Infographicmagicreviews wrote:
Where did Justin go all this time? Enjoyed his Bold project. Hope he's got new things in the store this time.

My god.. where do I begin...?

Justin quit E quite a while ago, and has been working independently from his website. I was a big JM fan when I was just getting into magic, he had a lot of great stuff. BUT.. somewhat recently he's done a complete 180 and strictly does mentalism now.

I bought quite a few things from his website and supported his material for a while. I've had trouble numerous occasions just trying to access the stuff I've bought from him (mostly downloads). It's there one second, the next it's gone.. then you have to email him to get the stuff back. He did at least respond, but the website he uses is huge pain to deal with, the name escapes me right now because it's been so long since I've just given up all together.

I remember I bought 2 ATT lectures from him. One was dan hauss' lecture, and his was supposed to come with it. I told him about this a couple times, he said hes been busy or whatever. MONTHS later... I finally receive a package... but with just his lecture.. Nothing else.

Now.. I cannot access any of the material that ive gotten from him at all. What a huge waste of money.. and my case is just one of many. Until he can find a way to make up for the money I've wasted on him, or at least be able to access the stuff I bought from him (I'm not counting on it btw), I'll never support his material again. There is absolutely no excuse for treating customers this way, none the less, people who actually supported your material for as long as I did, and who was a fan of yours.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4217 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Would be disgusting if anyone did decide to support him. Never got my Walking Liberty set, awful ethics.
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Im still owed a freedom pack by him what never showed up,i hope he gets no viewers because of what he treated customers like so badly
trickyat86
View Profile
Loyal user
Pittsburgh, PA
250 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Wonder if Penguin will include the live performance he did in their theater. Saw parts of it when they aired it on Facebook, and seems a good majority of the act used an AmazeBox. Also, looks like the secret to the spirit slates fell off after the reveal (I could be wrong, hard to tell from the camera angle).
Magicalos
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2016, Blindside785 wrote:
Would be disgusting if anyone did decide to support him. Never got my Walking Liberty set, awful ethics.

ME EITHER!!!!! - reallly wanted them too....okay guys I'm gonna be the first to say it I guess

DON'T BUY THIS LECTURE! DO NOT SUPPORT HIM(his kid, ex wife payments, other excuses, etc) ANYMORE! NO MORE LIES ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE! just do what you say you are going to do and follow through for once justin! its not that freaking hard.

maybe if everyone stops buying from him he will go away already?
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
803 Posts

Profile of magico
I cannot support this lecture as well.
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Dan Harlan if your reading this ask Justin where is my freedom pack what I paid for and never got?
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1214 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Ffs he aint no mentalist, the likes of bob cassidy and banachek are mentalists. he's a bell end doing mental magic!

Kieran
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Dan aksed Justin miller what he thought of critics like me and justin said he doesn't care,i am fuming how he thinks he can just ignorepeople what gave him money and never got there stuff,at least now we know what he thinks about us Smile
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1192 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
Thanks for the info guys. I'm out.
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of BCE
He's basically the Ted Cruz of the magic (not mentalism) community. Absolutely embarrassing to watch this. No workers.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
If you pay through PayPal you can't get ripped off. Unless you don't claim within their period which I think is 45 days. Always use PayPal and if he doesn't deliver you get your money back.
rjs
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of rjs
Maybe I've been lucky, but I've never had any problems with JM's downloads.

What was the Penguin lecture like?

Can we have a proper review?
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3529 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
If you ordered long enough from JM, the odds of you getting stiffed were pretty high.

KJ
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of BCE
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2016, rjs wrote:
Maybe I've been lucky, but I've never had any problems with JM's downloads.

What was the Penguin lecture like?

Can we have a proper review?

Some specific reaction to what I have been watching:

F.A.T.E -- absolutely, utterly confusing, and the score-keeper volunteer is absolutely unnecessary

A Peek In time -- absolutely, utterly confusing. I could not tell if the trick was the "gimmick" or if it was something else. Apparently, a lot of people in the audience didn't understand it, either.

ENVY -- a huge turn off and astoundingly unprofessional. His explanation includes deliberately slapping the envelopes out of the spectators hands. Depending upon the spectator (particularly if the spectator's a woman), that's personal assault, plain and simple. And if the spectator's a woman, you will look like a perv because the envelopes slapped to the floor will give you an excuse to look at her legs. Not funny. Not engaging. It's personal assault.

Many people in the audience had questions, and Justin poo-pooh'd the questions like, "Oh, you're thinking like a magician," and the like. He was totally dismissive of a kid in the audience. I'm in disbelief he performs this way professionally except for people in bars who are so hammered they don't know any better.

No workers here. But plenty of reminders of how NOT to act and how NOT to treat the spectators.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Justin Miller LIVE: Sunday Sep 11th @7:00pm Eastern. (Penguin LIVE) (37 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL