The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Extreme Burn 2.0 and Euro Currency (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
fab1an
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of fab1an
Hello folks!

I really like the effect of Extreme Burn 2.0 but sadly our european currency bills (Euros) do not have the same size. So, all the bills from 5 to 500 Euro have a different size.

I wanted to ask you guys who use Extreme Burn 2.0 with Euros to share your experience. How do you do this effect? Do you transform white paper into bills?

Thank you guys in advance!

fabian
Mrg1974
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Mrg1974
Hello I do it with 10 pound notes, you can either use coloured paper or use gimmicked fake notes - made of tyvek. A simple Internet search will show up suppliers, either that or find another currency the same size. That also works.
fab1an
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of fab1an
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2016, Mrg1974 wrote:
Hello I do it with 10 pound notes, you can either use coloured paper or use gimmicked fake notes - made of tyvek. A simple Internet search will show up suppliers, either that or find another currency the same size. That also works.

Thank you for your reply! I really don't want to use any fake notes. I want to make it as visual as possible!
Have you ever tried to transform lottery tickets into bills with Extreme Burn? Is that possible?
Mrg1974
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Mrg1974
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2016, fab1an wrote:
Quote:

Thank you for your reply! I really don't want to use any fake notes. I want to make it as visual as possible!
Have you ever tried to transform lottery tickets into bills with Extreme Burn? Is that possible?

Yeah you can do that too, to clarify the fake notes I use are notes that look like a child has drawn them, you then tell a story about turning play money into real cash..
fab1an
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of fab1an
Quote:
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2016, fab1an wrote:
Quote:

Yeah you can do that too, to clarify the fake notes I use are notes that look like a child has drawn them, you then tell a story about turning play money into real cash..

That is actually a really cool idea! Just to clarify: those child-like fake notes are made of tyvek? And you transform them into real 10 pound bills?
Mrg1974
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Mrg1974
That's exactly right, I do a little routine based round the fact I have kids and because I have kids I have photos in my wallet instead of money. Then I thought when not borrow the kids money and use that instead - you change- then when you don't need cash anymore put the money back into kid form. I'm sure you could work round that...
fab1an
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of fab1an
Quote:
That's exactly right, I do a little routine based round the fact I have kids and because I have kids I have photos in my wallet instead of money. Then I thought when not borrow the kids money and use that instead - you change- then when you don't need cash anymore put the money back into kid form. I'm sure you could work round that...

I really like that and I could easily put that into a little routine, because I work in an elementary school!
Can you shoot me some more info about the fake notes? Where exactly can I get them? Or did you make them yourself?
Mrg1974
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Mrg1974
Http://www.thegimmicking.com/product/tyvek-notes/ this is where I got mine. Good luck.
fab1an
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of fab1an
Quote:
Http://www.thegimmicking.com/product/tyvek-notes/ this is where I got mine. Good luck.

thank you so much for this! I will definitely check this out!!
Arcato
View Profile
New user
Germany
58 Posts

Profile of Arcato
Yesterday, I wanted to make a new Extreme Burn gimmick with the new 20 Euro notes and lottery tickets and I failed miserably. I had been performing this with Monopoly money tranforming into Euro notes for years, but I wanted something from the real world... so lottery tickets! BUT: they are bright yellow on one side and white-ish on the other. The big problem with the 20 Euro notes in general is that they have a blue colored border left and right which is visible before you transform the lottery tickets. But even worse, after the transformation the bright yellow lottery tickets shine through the gimmick... here's a link to the lottery ticket: https://goo.gl/photos/oYBDLkMhtiKgD7NHA
I will check out The Gimmicking, but I'm not sure if these will do the trick...
fab1an
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of fab1an
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2016, Arcato wrote:
Yesterday, I wanted to make a new Extreme Burn gimmick with the new 20 Euro notes and lottery tickets and I failed miserably. I had been performing this with Monopoly money tranforming into Euro notes for years, but I wanted something from the real world... so lottery tickets! BUT: they are bright yellow on one side and white-ish on the other. The big problem with the 20 Euro notes in general is that they have a blue colored border left and right which is visible before you transform the lottery tickets. But even worse, after the transformation the bright yellow lottery tickets shine through the gimmick... here's a link to the lottery ticket: https://goo.gl/photos/oYBDLkMhtiKgD7NHA
I will check out The Gimmicking, but I'm not sure if these will do the trick...

Thanks that you share your experience with lottery tickets with us! But its sad to hear that it does not work that well.
Can you also share your insights on monopoly money with us? Does that work better? How are the reactions?

And most important: which monopoly version is the money from?
macc
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of macc
You can also use magazine cuttings.
Richard covered this on the first extreme burn.
Doesn´t he do that on extreme burn 2.0?
fab1an
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of fab1an
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2016, macc wrote:

I don't really know. I have not ordered it yet because I wanted to share some ideas with more experienced EB performers about this problem with our currency.

But as of now, I think it is best to get some Tyvek notes.
Mrg1974
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Mrg1974
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2016, macc wrote:

Yes he does, but the gimmick needs to built perfectly and the handling needs to be very slick, because if the cuttings are a different colour to the notes, there's a chance of "flashing".

He does show it and it looks good though.
Propdogdan
View Profile
New user
Twickenham, UK
27 Posts

Profile of Propdogdan
Hey Everyone- Dan from PropDog Magic Shop over in the uk. I am a working Pro magician and also run the product development side for PropDog and Extreme Burn is something I use regularly and absolutely love. Now I understand that changing notes in Europe is difficult (as its the same in the uk with changing note sizes), so we custom print our own Tyvek Euro Million lottery tickets that are cut to size in different size notes. It means that you have something that is durable and looks really believable as it makes sense to have lottery tickets changing to currency!

The link for them is below:

http://www.propdog.co.uk/euro-millions-tyvek-tickets

I recommend using Rubber Cement to make the gimmicks Smile

If you haven't shopped with us before we offer free delivery anywhere in the world for orders over £50 Smile

Hope that helps guys
Elrondo
View Profile
New user
Germany
42 Posts

Profile of Elrondo
Hiya

I also come from a € country.
I do the most of my coin performances with silver dollars, half dollars and just the "German/Boston Box" I perform with the old Deutsch Mark, because it's built for those.

For my bill work I use Cashbricks. Fake dollar notes in original size.
For 100 bills they charge you about 7 €. They also sell it in used look.

Here is URL

www.cashbricks.eu

also a good place to get theatre money is

http://www.buntebank.com/spielgeld-geschenk/geldschein.htm
Knock knock...
RevConfused
View Profile
New user
Yorkshire, UK
65 Posts

Profile of RevConfused
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2016, Propdogdan wrote:
so we custom print our own Tyvek Euro Million lottery tickets that are cut to size in different size notes. It means that you have something that is durable and looks really believable as it makes sense to have lottery tickets changing to currency!

The link for them is below:

http://www.propdog.co.uk/euro-millions-tyvek-tickets

I ordered Extreme Burn 2.0 this week and a few of the lottery tickets Dan mentions. As they weren't sure I'd ordered the right tickets, they sent me some others too...free of charge!
The quality of these is superb and even The Hulk couldn't rip them.

I am considering having printed up some gaff notes to save using real cash..just changing them enough to make them not forgeries...maybe my own head etc..
AceOfJokers
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of AceOfJokers
I purchased EB 2.0 some years ago and have always wanted to make up the gimmick but was put off by the fact that I didn't want to use US dollars and the UK and Euros were all different sizes. Every now and again I would think about it but lost interest. I wasn't even aware of the Tyvek options referred to in these comments but I am now. It's great to have a solution to a problem that's been bugging me for ages! Thank you, everyone.
oweosc12
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of oweosc12
Not sure if it has been mentioned before, but for British people wishing to perform extreme burn - the Scottish £10 note and the English £10 note are EXACTLY the same size and have different designs. Scottish money is far less common in England but although it can still be used, therefore I usually show some Scottish £10 notes and then transform them into English £10 notes.
garys
View Profile
New user
Hertfordshire, UK
60 Posts

Profile of garys
Quote:
On Sep 3, 2017, oweosc12 wrote:
Not sure if it has been mentioned before, but for British people wishing to perform extreme burn - the Scottish £10 note and the English £10 note are EXACTLY the same size and have different designs. Scottish money is far less common in England but although it can still be used, therefore I usually show some Scottish £10 notes and then transform them into English £10 notes.

That's useful to know. I wonder if that will be the same when the new £10 note is released.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Extreme Burn 2.0 and Euro Currency (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL