The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Billfold by Kyle Marlett (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Mystification
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1010 Posts

Profile of Sashac
I've been using this for months and I must say, it truly does get great reactions. The only thing I would say is you shouldn't really perform it in the quietest of environments,but I don't see that as a negative. Overall, I highly highly recommend this!
alexlatorre
View Profile
Regular user
Barcelona
184 Posts

Profile of alexlatorre
I remember seeing this in Kyle's At The Table Lecture and I fell in love with it. I've been constantly using it ever since, and I can tell you it gets amazing reactions!
Callisto
View Profile
New user
France
67 Posts

Profile of Callisto
I think you can't examine the bill when it's changed.... ?
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Obviously you can't examine it but they are diverted to look in their hand & are suprised to see the card folded up.

Kyle is lecturing in Newcatle on Monday & I am going to attend & will probably get this as it's easy to do & possibilities are endless.

Reminds me of the Torn & restored Newspaper that Mark Mason released(he had 2 versions out).

Very good.

Mike Donoghue
KyleMarlett
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of KyleMarlett
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2016, Callisto wrote:
I think you can't examine the bill when it's changed.... ?

Hey guys!

Actually! The bill is 100% examinable! The simple gimmick actually detaches from the bill/note mid routine. So you can immediately hand out the bill!

I said it in the trailer but one thing I love about Billfold is that there is nothing that can break! No elastic, no dental dam, nothing! It's fool proof!

-Kyle
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
941 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
So anyone who knows me knows I love bill magic, and I really like this one, so much so I helped Kyle name it haha. This is a great piece, the flash change shocks people. I also really enjoy the main routine from the trailer. Deff worth picking up
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5320 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Is this anything like Justin Miller's Ka-Ching? (Obviously more to it though).

Thanks!

Jim
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8398 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Should be available as a download for overseas buyers.
deanbarlow
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of deanbarlow
Anybody got any honest reviews on this yet please? I think I like the look of it.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4292 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Got mine I'm the mail, time to play
codydavismagic
View Profile
Veteran user
302 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
I also learned the at the table version of this, and it is brilliant! I can't wait to see what's been added in this version!
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1423 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
MoM takes a closer look at BillFold and how to get the most out of it:

Hope this helps you

Dominic Reyes
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Tomorrow night I will be at Kyle's lecture.
Looking forward to watching this young man who has lot's of brilliant ideas.

Mike Donoghue
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1317 Posts

Profile of Jared
I received this over the weekend and built the gimmick tonight (takes about 5-minutes). It's a pretty visual effect that could make a nice opener. While I doubt this will ever make it into my "A" strolling set, I can see myself using this in casual settings.

The one thing I would change in the routine compared to Kyle's original handling is that I wouldn't miscall the card. I feel that it would be stronger to say something like, "I'm sensing that your card is a black card...Maybe a club? (spectator answers "yes"). Would I be correct in saying that your card is the nine of clubs? Great, then I guess I get to keep my dollar (card instantly changes into the bill), and you can keep your card (spectator opens hand and is surprised to discover that they are holding onto their chosen selection.

And as you say the line "I guess I get to keep my dollar", you casually fold the bill and tuck it into your pocket. By doing it this way, I feel there's less heat on them wanting to examine the bill afterwards and it makes the reset super quick. Those who have this will understand this point.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Great idea Jared.

Pegasus- you can get this as a download on Kyle's At The Table Lecture. He describes this & lots of other effects on it.

However, if you want it made up & ready to go with the DVD there are a few magic dealers in the U.K stocking it.

Vanashinginc even send from the UK now.

Saw Kyle do this at his Newcastle Magic Circle lecture last night & it's as good & usuable as I thought it was.

I think he has a couple of more lectures to do 7 he is worth checking out if you ain't seen him live.

A great guy with a great lecture.

Mike Donoghue
drstevemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Addicted to For Sale Forum so only have
264 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
Mine should be arriving today and I also like your modification, Jared. Thanks for sharing.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Played with this today. Very visual and it is possible with a simple move to hand it out. There is a sound connected with it. I am curious if any spectators find it odd. I will be using this either way.
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
JasonL2112
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of JasonL2112
Got this as well. Its not often that a gimmick arrives and you, at first glance, have genuinely no idea how it is going to work until watching the explanation. This was one of those for me... Definitely a case where you're paying for the secret as it doesn't take much effort to make the gimmick (or make replacements as this will certainly wear over time with enough use).

Very simple, very clever... I will absolutely use this and ending clean should not be a concern at all.

One of the things I actually really like about this is that it is very bold... Things are right out in the open, but plenty easy to cover. Some may actually dismiss this, but its a quick hitting worker for sure.

Seriously, I'd be hard pressed to think that anyone who puts the relatively little work into it that it deserves could be disappointed.
btwigg
View Profile
Regular user
Sacramento, CA USA
193 Posts

Profile of btwigg
Does the At The Table Lecture give you insight on how to make the credit card as seen in the trailer or is it self explanatory after you understand the gimmick. Also, how common are the materials to make the gimmick if I go the route of the At The Table Lecture? Thanks bros
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Billfold by Kyle Marlett (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL