We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello Magic Café! (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pointprime
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of pointprime
Hi all,

I've been lurking here for a couple of years and I thought it was high time to make an account to contribute. I saw a post in another thread where I thought I could help someone, so I made an account and here I am.

I'm an amateur magician. I've been interested in magic since I was a kid, I used to do shows at my summer camp. Fast forward thirty years and I have got the bug again a couple of years ago. I'm interested in building up my arsenal of tricks to have a go at paid gigs for an audience soon. For now, I mostly do effects at bars and restaurants for friends and strangers.

Some of the effects I regularly use are Gone Deck by Shin Lim, In A Flash by Sankey, Extreme Burn by Richard Sanders and various TT tricks. Using the TT is actually what led me to Extreme Burn because I really don't like using a TT.

I also use a trick that I made up myself that I think is a real knockout. It involves making a card appear upside down in a sealed deck after a spectator picks a card out of another sealed deck. It works without the performer touching any of the cards used in the performance. Also, both sealed decks were purchased by an audience member just before the trick. (So it's really meant for bars that have nearby convenience stores.)

If anyone is interested, let me know.

Anyway, nice to finally be here as a member. Feels totally different already.

Thanks for all the help from everyone over my last two years as a lurker! Hopefully now I can help too.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome pointprime,

I alway like to welcome a fellow ex-lurker.

Joining does add a new dimension.

-Mary Mowder
ruffthesuspect
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of ruffthesuspect
I want to say hello and hope to join the community. I've dropped by this place oh so many times over the years. I was introduced to magic by Greg Wilson, who came by our local magic shop and changed a penny to a dime in midair. Our local magic shop paid for me to go to the presentation. I eventually went nuts. I bought everything I could, and still do. I practiced like crazy. I met Guy Bavli and Franz Herari and Max Maven. I got to go to the Magic Castle about 7 times with people who would lean to me, "So what did he do??" And I would act innocent. You guys are my heroes and I want to hang out with you and be nice and maybe even be online friends. Hi, Mary. This is a neat place. I may change my name; it's just a common thing to put into a sign-up. Is Doublelift taken?
Uncle Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Japan
194 Posts

Profile of Uncle Joe
Welcome pointprime.😀
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello Magic Café! (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL