The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Favourite rope routine?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I don't do a specfic routine you could name but my favorite is a cut and restored rope into a professors nightmare all with the same rope.
Daniel Faith
briantwig
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of briantwig
For a quick and easy routine in a walk around setting I love to perform Aldo Columbini's "Ringing Around Too".
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello Brian:

Have you performed "Ringing Around Too" very much? What type of reactions are you getting? I have the video, but have to say that it left me completely cold—I was very disappointed. But if it's getting good reactions, maybe I'll give it a try.

Thanks.

Ron
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Don't forget one of the Grand Daddy's of them all... George Sands' Ropesational and Sandsational rope routines.
Harlequin
View Profile
Special user
Melbourne, Australia
686 Posts

Profile of Harlequin
I agree, three ropes and a baby, is great. The best professor's nightmare routine around.
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
My vote is Jeff McBride's rope routine. Pound for pound king is Daryl for sure.
maniac
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, Ga
65 Posts

Profile of maniac
George Sands' Ropsational is my favorate by far, I learned this over 30 years ago and it is as strong today as it was then.

I also like a lot of Daryl's stuff
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
My favorite at the moment is Aldo Colombini's Still Ringing. Gets great reaction on some phases especially the second to the last but I do it differently and with a different ring.

I agree, Ringing Around Too was a bit disappointing but I just ordered the video to see how Aldo does it. Actually I ordered for the video but I was sent the manuscript instead and as I said it was disappointing. I bought Ringing Around Too because Still Ringing was OK for me although I changed the ring and used Japanese rope.
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
My favorite are:
  1. Linking Ropes (ungimmicked)
  2. Pavel's Phenomenal Rope Trick & Devil's Rope
  3. Flip's Rope Routine
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
emptycupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of emptycupmagic
Flip's Ring On Rope routine using a ring from your linking ring set is my favorite.
M_Glow
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of M_Glow
I like Sands of the Desert and Sandsational which I believe you can learn by watching Jeff Sheridan's and Jeff McBride's DVDs. (Which you have to own anyway.)
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
I perform Slydini's cut and restored which phases into a verson of professor's nightmare. Only you start with three "equal" lengths of rope. At the end, they become unequal, then back to equal and finally, I say that once the got caught in the wash and one shrunk, one stayed the same and one got longer. As I do this I throw the rope out to different parts of the audience. I end with Pro. Cheers to Music.
007mystic
View Profile
New user
Indianapolis
63 Posts

Profile of 007mystic
I use Professor's Nightmare with several storylines (depending on audience and surroundings). I like Mike Finney's C&R. It is sooooo funny.
The weaver of Illusions
mplegare
View Profile
Veteran user
Forest Grove, Oregon
310 Posts

Profile of mplegare
Right now my fave is the Mongolian Pop Knot, but that's because there's something viscerally satisfying about people in the audience freaking out over knots flying off the rope and out over their heads. (No lie, I've had the audience equivalent of a rugby scrum going after those things—all kids, mind you). Smile

Other than that, the rigid rope, during which I describe the ancient Indian rope trick, bringing the rope to almost vertical before I say, "But I don't know that one" and have it come crashing down on my head.

Also the "Linking Ropes" with a comedy "exposure." (I do it in slow motion the second time with two ungimmicked ropes, sneaking out into the audience to get someone to help me tie the second rope around the first.)

Tobias!
Yep. Gotta lotta rope. Rope is inexpensive, and I'm cheap.
Matthew Legare aka Tobias the Adequate! - http://www.adequateblog.today.com - you know you want to.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Favourite rope routine?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL