The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Just got my first and second restaurant gig... (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

New User
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of New User
Well I didn't just get them it's been a couple weeks now but I am just getting around to mentioning it.
I am quite excited about it as I landed two of the three spots I went to talk to I'd say that's a good percentage.
I am doing two nights a week for two hours each.
I have found that with the size and the amount if time I am there I need very little as far as props. Plus time just flies by so quickly it's almost like I don't have time to do as much as I would like.

I have had very little problem finding the "flow" of the places.

Does anyone else have that feeling like you just stay busy enough that you don't have to carry to much?
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Congrats and welcome to the Café
Keith Raygor
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
968 Posts

Profile of Keith Raygor
Congratulations, NU. You'll have plenty of rewards from restaurant magic.
I only carry things that comfortably fit in my pockets, and allows me a couple different sets. I do have a few special effects that I keep close at hand for special circumstances, but I don't carry them on me when going table to table. I love the feeling of staying busy because of what you said about time flying by.

At restaurants that you're new to, it can take time for servers to get accustomed to sharing the customer's attention in 'their' space, since they've likely never experienced it before. Because of that, I used to use a FAQ sheet to give to employees when I first started, and then subsequent new employees. I don't necessarily recommend passing it out, it just fit the restaurant I was in at that time. But the info itself may give you food for thought. If interested, let me know and I'll PM it to you.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Learning to be out of the way is the toughest part. It is different every place. You will get accustomed to it. Congrats.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
Now, study the books to see how to promote yourself/ the restaurant...
JasperLee
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of JasperLee
Well done! I think its perfect when you feel that time flies by quickly. Less is always more.
CurtWaltermire
View Profile
Special user
Curtis The Mentalist
505 Posts

Profile of CurtWaltermire
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2016, New User wrote:
Does anyone else have that feeling like you just stay busy enough that you don't have to carry to much?

Yes. But I often feel that way anyways as a mentalist. Smile

Congrats on the gigs.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Just got my first and second restaurant gig... (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL