The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cube Cards by Kev G (54 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Therealmagician
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Therealmagician
Put my order in. Looking forward to seeing this. I'm already very familiar with Takamiz's algorithm so this should slot straight into my Rubik's cube set. My act revolves around memory demonstrations and Rubik's cube trickery (sorry, I mean ambitious card and omni deck).
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Good news everyone Cube Cards is shipping today 3 days early Smile

Check it out here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magi......v-g.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Guys, here is a review

One word, fantastic!! I have never owned any cube type effects, and this one sparked my interest from the demo, it is a 4 phase routine using cube cards and a ungimmicked Rubik's cube, the effect goes like this, a Rubik's cube is brought out, together with some cube cards, the cube cards have random scrambles on the faces and you hand the packet to the spectator ask them to pick one, you get them to show you the card for about 10 seconds and you then match the cube to the scrambled card, effect no 1, you then take their chosen card, give it a shake and the cube on the card solves, effect no 2, the rest of the scrambled cards are turned over and they all solve, effect no 3, for the killer ending you take the still scrambled cube give that a shake and the real cube solves, effect no 4!!! Guys this is brilliant, well worth the money, and a very workable routine, not hard to do either, in fact it only has taken me about 6 hours worth of practice and can already do the moves pretty easily! It comes with the cube cards and the download you will need to purchase your own cube, but they are very cheap to buy, I am most certainly going to add this to my no 1 set it is that strong!! Highly recommended!!!
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2016, Daren wrote:
and the download you will need to purchase your own cube

It's a normal cube isn't it ????

Or do they recommend one that works better ????

Also if you can't do the cube - I quess they are easy to break open and reset [i.e. cheat ?]

Is it better to get a normal cube or a speed cube?

As if there is no difference - a normal cube looks better as a speed cub seems to sit out of shape very easily
LoganPorterMagic
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of LoganPorterMagic
I'd like to know if it uses a normal cube. I've been working on Cube3 and love it. Looking for more phases to adapt to my current routine.
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Yes it's a normal cube. As with Cube3, a speed cube is required. The mix used is Takamiz Usui's. This is different from Steven Brundage's Cube3 mix, so if you are used to that, there is a bit of relearning needed.

Mike
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Has anyone got a recommendation for the best speed cube then?

Ideally one that stays in shape a little better than the others?
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
A Dayan zhanchi I believe are great!
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
You will need a speed cube to perform this effect, trust me guys this is great!!!
On The Offbeat
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of On The Offbeat
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2016, The Duster wrote:
Has anyone got a recommendation for the best speed cube then?

Ideally one that stays in shape a little better than the others?

In order to be a speed cube it needs to be somewhat loose so the sections will move swiftly. So it would inherently not hold its shape quite as well as a slower and tighter cube. I think it's just the nature of the beast.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
A silly question but what is a speed cube ?
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
It's a normal rubik's cube but one that is easier to turn and one that doesn't have to be perfectly square before turning in another direction, so you can kind of cut the corners.

Imagine a normal rubiks cube that has been lubricated and you are on your way there.
Willie mcgregor
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Willie mcgregor
Just ordered mine and got a speed cube on Amazon looking forward to doing something other than cards sponge balls coins and chop cup:-)
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Whats the memory curve on this one like ie if I put it down for a couple of weeks ets and pick it up will I be able to just go straight into it again or is it one of those effects that you need to do regularly ?
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
You can easily do this anytime, very easy to remember certain things, get it you won't be disappointed
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
The card sequence is very easy. The cube solves are pure muscle memory and will take a fair bit of initial practice. There are no complicated algorithms involved unless you want to learn how to legitimately solve a random cube (this is not strictly necessary, and not taught on the video download, but IMO is strongly advised).

Mike
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
Yep in video he gives spec the cube.What if said spec goes mental and mixes it up.On video one spec seems to be twirling the cube.Need to be able to solve and have spare cubes
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Pretty sure you can disassemble a cube and put it back in order relatively easily
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I finally learned to solve the cube from the Brundage DVD. I am sure you can learn it on the internet but his explanation is fairly easy to follow. For any of these cube trick that use a normal cube I think you will become frustrated at some point if you can't get yourself out of trouble by solving the cube even if the trick itself does not require cube solving. I just ordered this it looks fun. I think Saturn has a nice exclusive here. Of course I will be ****ed if it shows up on penguin on too weeks with free shipping.
kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
172 Posts

Profile of kevg
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2016, magic in mind wrote:
Yep in video he gives spec the cube.What if said spec goes mental and mixes it up.On video one spec seems to be twirling the cube.Need to be able to solve and have spare cubes

Yes sometimes when I perform I pass out the cube to specs (this is because I can solve the cube so not bothered if they mess with it - although I always find the specs only twist once or twice so easy to reset). This is all down to audience management - at the start of the routine I usually ask a spec to "verify its a genuine cube, but don't mix it up" this allows them to check it out but hand it back solved. At the end of the routine you finish with the cube in your hand so it's up to you whether you hand it out or not. I would advise not if you can't solve the cube as you will have to reset it. In the tutorial I do cover a method explaining how to solve the cube without knowing any algorithms and without taking the cube apart.

I hope that helps.

Kev
----------
www.rubikscubemagician.co.uk
----------
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cube Cards by Kev G (54 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL