The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Card splitting (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
648 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Update on my adventure.

I've had the Marty Grams Card splitting DVD for a while and finally got around to my first test of gluing the cards back together.
I took Terry Adys advice and also watch the DVD again and it does appear that a card with the core is glued to a single ply.

I built the "squaring board" to align the cards. Split an ad card and glued it back together... a 2 ply on a 1 ply. It worked as demoed in the DVD.

The only blemish is a few slight wrinkles on one of the faces -- noticeable when looked at closely. This may have come from the splitting or perhaps a little too much rubber cement. None of this would be noticeable to a spectator. One other thing is that the final card seemed to be a little bit thinner than the original.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5180 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2021,
The only blemish is a few slight wrinkles on one of the faces -- noticeable when looked at closely. This may have come from the splitting or perhaps a little too much rubber cement. None of this would be noticeable to a spectator. One other thing is that the final card seemed to be a little bit thinner than the original.

It is likely from splitting. As you get better at splitting, you will split “faster” with no stops / hesitation and there will be no wrinkles. I first learned that on the Blake Vogt splitting downloads.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
648 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2021, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2021,

It is likely from splitting. As you get better at splitting, you will split “faster” with no stops / hesitation and there will be no wrinkles. I first learned that on the Blake Vogt splitting downloads.

Thanks Poof-Daddy,
I'll split a few more ad cards then before embarking on splitting actual cards. I've got a few new fan back ad cards from the Bicycle canasta game pack (and Studs also) that are waiting to be made into double backers!
Phil
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Card splitting (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL