The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » More Catch of the Day Please! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
I just wanted to say how much I enjoy Steve Brooks' Catch of the Day reviews. I respect Steve's opinion and I have purchased several items based primarily on these reviews. So far, I haven't been let down. Everything Steve has praised in his reviews, I have been very happy with.

I really wish there were more of these reviews posted more often, although I realize Steve is a busy man and I can imagine they are a bit time consuming to write. I understand that. But I just wanted to make the request anyway, for more of these helpful, insightful, honest and thorough reviews. Thanks.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Danny I suspect that what little is praised in his reviews is what little he's found worthy of mention. I would guess for every dozen or more effects, he may find one or none worthy of that 4 star rating.

I've also desired more on the forum but would rather deal with the quality vs. quantity.
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
I appreciate quality over quantity too. I understand that he would want to be selective. But as far as effects not being worthy, he gives a range of ratings, not all of them perfect.

I'm not complaining, I just look forward to his reviews.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Jim Davis
View Profile
Special user
What is....? Utah
945 Posts

Profile of Jim Davis
It is nice to know that someone takes creed in Steve's reviews other then us staff members..

I shall bring this thread to Steve's attention.
Diamond Jim Davis "The Cardslinger" ~~~ Magic from the '80's....................the 1880's!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Don't just be a magician, be a human interest!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>[url]www.periodplayers.com[/ur
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Thank you very much for the kind words regarding my little review column Catch of the day.
I try very hard to be as honest as possible and provide good information to my readers.

Yes, the majority of the reviews are more on the positive side, as I just don't have the time to waste writing reviews about products which I feel are either worthless or pretty much useless and a waste of your time and money. There are those who might say they would like more negative reviews, but to that I would add there are plenty of other reviewers (Magazines, other sites, etc) which are already doing that for me. Smile

Regarding the frequency of the reviews being posted, I have gotten somewhat behind but will be correcting that situation very soon. There are only so many hours in a day and the Café plus other projects is enough to keep me very busy, believe me.

Having said all that, even now I am in the process of writing some new reviews and will be posting them asap. I do appreciate your interest, and take comfort in knowing that folks do indeed read my writing.
Again, thank you. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
As I figured, you are a busy guy, I know the feeling! I look forward to reading your future reviews, thanks Steve.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
You're very welcome. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » More Catch of the Day Please! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL