We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Difference between expanded and normal coin sh*ll (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1580 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
What the difference... With the non expanded one can I show both sides and the coin will look normal??

Thanks
Sleepy
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3255 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
The non-expanded shell only fits over a coin that has been reduced in size, not a normal coin. The expanded shell fits over a normal coin. Neither can be shown from the back.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1580 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2016, MeetMagicMike wrote:
The non-expanded shell only fits over a coin that has been reduced in size, not a normal coin. The expanded shell fits over a normal coin. Neither can be shown from the back.

Thanks
Sleepy
On The Offbeat
View Profile
Loyal user
282 Posts

Profile of On The Offbeat
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2016, MeetMagicMike wrote:

A really well-made shell can easily be flashed on the backside.
A super well-made one can be shown on the back fairly openly.
Of course it's always preferable to add some motion while displaying the back of any shell.
If you want an excellent shell try to get one of Todd Lassen's. His are the best IMO.
AndreaMooreMagic
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of AndreaMooreMagic
From personal experience, because an expanded shell goes over on any coin, they never look as fitting as the non-expanded ones. I think what happens is the non-expanded ones are made perfect fit for each unique set. I've tried to mix and match two non-expanded sets and they don't fit.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1966 Posts

Profile of tbaer
The face of an expanded shell isn't as crisp looking as an unexpanded shell, it has a slight distortion. With an unexpanded shell, you could place the shell and matching coins side by side and the spectator will never see any difference.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Shell Shocked is also cool!
Yours,

Ivan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Difference between expanded and normal coin sh*ll (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL